Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1dpo - anyone want to go quietly insane with me? lol

Replies

• hopefulmummy, I had the tummy button twinges/pain too, it was about an inch or so below my belly button and quite central but only lasted a couple of days and now has gone.

Vicsy I really enjoyed my weird dreams and waiting to see what I would dream of next lol!

When are you testing vicsy?

I have to say all my weird feelings and 'symptom's seem to have gone today when surely they should be getting stronger so not confident (think I may have just imagined them all) but have ordered my OPK tests yesterday so even if I'm not preg and didn't ov then at least I'll know when I do.

xx

• Yeah it's rubbish. I keep doing searches on fertility friend and matching my cycle with other people's charts... i know i;m torturing myself but i'm still doing it... Some statistics are positive and some are rubbish, so i really don't know. Argh!
    Ooh kernow you had the belly button pain too - right i'll try not to get too excited but that's cool that we all are ttc and all had that.
    As for cm, i had clear and a bit stretchy for a couple of days immediately after Ov (think that was just left over from that) and now have a bit of creamy/lotiony (tmi sorry) stuff.
    It's funny - hubby is asking me about my temps and the consistency of my cm when he comes home from work - gross!
    I might test at 8-9 dpo, so this coming weekend. I know it's a bit early...
  • Hi there

I'm testing on Sunday and not before. Well I am going to try very hard not to until then. AF is due on Monday so going to try to hold on.

When I got the pain, it only lasted a few moments but had me really uncomfortable and it really hurt.

hopefulmummy, my CM was lotiony and now its a mix of lotiony and stretchy. (sorry way tmi)

I find it better not to tell hubby anything, it freaks him out lol. The less he knows the better lol

V x

[Modified by: Vicsy on April 06, 2010 06:19 PM]

• Hello all
    Boob twinges gone today (despite constant prodding!) and no sicky feeling so must have imagined it yesterday. Ah well, not out of the game yet until AF sings which hopefully won't be on Sunday as expected. Know what you mean about browsing in the baby aisles - just been into town and did all I could to stop myself drifting into the clothes rack. Was very good though and managed to distract myself with some lovely make up instead. Did buy a pregnancy test though but am not going to use it until at least Saturday, and only then if I feel anything other than PMT.
  • Hi ladies

I came on her cos I am 1DPO but then I noticed that was about a week or so back for you ladies! lol have read your posts anyway and they did make me chuckle esp about the boob prodding anf the belly button changing colour - which I think is an excellant idea!

Hope you don't mind me eavesdropping.... wish you all t he best of luck with your testing and hope that all your symptoms are preg related and not AF ones

Babydust to all xxx
  • Hi Jennifuree

Welcome to our madness, all is welcome. You are more than welcome to join our chat whenever you like. When are you testing?

LadyT, looks like were are both stepping back from the tests until the weekend. Fingers crossed for us all.

V xx
  • Hi Jennifuree, I only gatecrashed this thread the other day and am already filling it with mindless rambles on possible symptoms (hee hee), it's so nice to have people who you can share with. My husband just looks at me like I'm insane when I wander up to him and shove my boobs in his face asking if they're bigger, look pregnant etc!

I had such good intentions not to test until at least Thursday but had to go to superdrug for some bits and pieces and all I could hear when I walked past the tests shelf was "buy me, please buy me, look how pretty and colourful I am, go on buy me"
    Gahhhh I knew it would be a BFN as well, lol!

Just did a bit of bding and it was quite uncomfortable - not sure if that means anything. Will have to google it now!!! What did women do before the days of google and first response tests!!
    xx

• Wow, it's hard keeping up with this thread now! Welcome hopefulmummy3!

Sarah, I am crossing my fingers that your spotting was implantation bleeding rather than early AF.

Susiee - sorry it was a BFN this morning but hopefully it's just that it was an early test.

Kernow - sorry you also got a BFN but ditto - hopefully a few more days will bring a different story.

I have been feeling weird (exhausted/dizzy) all day and had cramps like AF is here, but she isn't yet. I got all excited thinking it was a good sign (because last month I only got cramps once AF had already started). I tested with a FR this afternoon (ok not FMU, but I didn't pee for 4 whole hours before taking the test - which damn near killed me!) and it was another very clear BFN :cry:

I'm thinking I'm almost certainly out of the game now because I'm 11/12 dpo and surely a FR would pick something up by now if I was pg, even if it was only a very faint line? I think the pre-AF cramps must just be my body getting back to normal after the implant, and maybe that's why I didn't have any last month.

Given yet another BFN and the cramps, I am fully expecting AF either tomorrow or Thursday, but will keep you all posted... GOOD LUCK to everyone who it's looking more hopeful for! xxx

P.S. loving hearing everyone's wacky dreams :lol:

• Hey Tilty, If I ov'd when I thought I did I am about 10 or 11dpo so we must be roughly in the same place?! Please don't give up hope as lots of people don't get a BFP until 14-18dpo (another fact found from my incessant searching on google!) and some people don't even get their BFP until a couple of weeks after AF is due - keep up the PMA!!

xx
  • Aw. thanks Kernow - it's so so nice to be able to speak to other people who are at the same point in the waiting game, who know what it's like to be going mad not knowing either way!

I am trying soooo hard not to think about it but it's really hard now as I have constant cramps and backache, and feel so much like AF is already here, but have no AF to show for it as yet... I just keep reminding myself that my pre-AF symptoms are probably only different from last month because my body is getting back to normal after the implant, which I am sure can only be a good thing!

I will try to keep the PMA up until AF shows, but I do admit it has ebbed away a lot since the FR was BFN... maybe if I'd tried a less sensitive test I would be more hopeful it was a false negative, but with a FR at 11/12dpo, hmmm... Still, as so many ladies on here say, it's not over until the witch arrives! *Crosses fingers tightly*

Please everyone keep us all posted on developments as I am so excited to see what happens for everybody now and who gets BFPs (I'm sure some of us have to!) xxx

P.S. Another weird thing but my cervix area feels somewhat sensitive / tender - has anyone else experienced this before AF?
  • Hey,

Well my weird stomach twinges are back!!

Tilty, I also used a FR but on packet it does say they are only 99% accurate from day of missed period, when testing early they can give false negatives so keep up the pma!!

I too am sure someone on here will get a BFP (let's hope it's all of us lol!)

xx
  • Hi .... thanks for letting me chat too! Am way behind you girls as won't be testing til 20th

I am one of those who gets a BFN even when they are preg! First child I had to have a test at the docs because I was getting BFN second lo I had to wait a week after AF was late so please keep your PMA as although these tests say how good they are they are not foolproof!

Have worked out if I am PG bubba due 26/12 how cool is that! have any of you ladies worked out when you would be?

Am loving those weird dreams! will see if I can remember mine now to see ifthey are weird too! lol

Baby dust to all xxx
  • Hi .... thanks for letting me chat too! Am way behind you girls as won't be testing til 20th

I am one of those who gets a BFN even when they are preg! First child I had to have a test at the docs because I was getting BFN second lo I had to wait a week after AF was late so please keep your PMA as although these tests say how good they are they are not foolproof!

Have worked out if I am PG bubba due 26/12 how cool is that! have any of you ladies worked out when you would be?

Am loving those weird dreams! will see if I can remember mine now to see ifthey are weird too! lol

Baby dust to all xxx
  • Morning all, wow this thread is fab, love reading all our posts!
    Susiee, I only started temping this month, out of curiosity really. I bought a Boots fertility thermometer, comes with a little chart diary too, and then i take my temp when alarm goes off before getting out of bed each morning. Then i pop the data into FF and it gives a chart of it all and shows when i ovulated, how many dpo etc. It's not 100% reliable but it's nice to know i'm def Ov-ing as i was paranoid i wasn't. My temps shot up after Ov and they'e stayed high. At least if we've been unlucky this month i'll know when i'm most likely to ov next! How did you do your temps?
    Well i'm still getting the boob pain, only it's a bit stronger today (whoopee!) but no crampy feelings today. Think I'm 5 or 6 dpo (FF changed my ov day when it had a bit more temp info). Had more yellowy cm tmi again sorry, but nothing new.
    I really want to test at the weekend but am now thinking it's too soon - AF is due 14th-17th - can't be specific as she is a bit irregular... Has anyone had good experiences with First Response testing 5 days before Af is due? I'm so impatient!!
    So how are we all feeling? Anyone had any good dreams? I'm now hoping i'll see some implantation spotting or a dip in my temps... pleeeease!!!
    Jenifuree I have googled due date calculators ad worked mine out too - 24th Dec. How amazing would an xmas baby be?
    Fingers crossed to all
  • Hi all

How are we all today? Well, I need a good slap as I tested again this morning. I think I'm only about 10/11 dpo so I'm not sure if it's too early but I used a cheapy one too. 15 for 2.47 hmmmm.

I'm still getting a pain like you Kernow, well more of a dull ache really and this morning after breakfast I really felt sick. I think I'm just making everything up in my head because I want it so much. TMI to follow, I'm feeling very wet and today I actually thought AF had arrived, I'm usually very dry after ov'ing. Sorry that was more than you needed - lol.
    My due date would be 20th December.

Anyway, working from home so I better get some work done.

fingers crossed for us all.

V xxx
  • Where do you get cheap tests from Vicsy? I'm not sure i'll be able to wait as long as i should and i have a couple of superdrug ones and a 1st response upstairs but that's it.
    What is your pain like? Mine is quite mild and disappears after a few seconds. but it's def there!
  • Hi there

It's been a really sharp shooting pain but now it's more of a dul ache. It was under my belly buttom but it now across my tummy and is a dull ache but not like cramps more of a dull ache.

I'm wondering now if I'm just coming down with something lol, been really tired and now I'm all achey. A few people at work have had bug so think my BFN's are right and I'm just wish ful thinking.

I got mine from amazon, I got two clear blue digital for 8.50 too, so they are really cheap. They are 10 mui too so should be very sensitive.

V xxx
  • HI all

Susie : they said that the hcg builds up and it didn't have enough to show for some reason - I stopped testing fter a few days no doubt if I had carried on one of them would have eventually shown me pg - baby was only 3lb 12 born (full term before you ask) so maybe that had something to do with it!??

I woke up this morning with really terrible pain in my left side my back and just under my belly button - thought maybe I had slept scrunched up or something as it did ease off as I walked around but pain has since returned under belly button and in back lol if I didn't know better I would have said I was in labour! talk about jumping the whole pg and just going for the birth!

Babydust to all xx
  • Hi Jennifuree

How far were you before you knew you were pregnant then? Your baby must have been soo tiny.

The only pains in my back are off me standing ironing all day but the tummy ones were definately under belly button and into lady bits.

V xx
  • Hi Ladies,

Wow, our thread has really taken off - that's great! Welcome to the madness Jennifuree! (don't know if i've spelt that right, I tried to scroll down but I can't when I'm writing a comment)

Well, sad to report that I think i'm out this month, although had lots of fun symptom spotting with you all. I tested BFN this morning - went to the loo and got a spot of blood on the paper and it was red-pink, so not old blood. I tried to convince myself it must be implantation bleeding (amazing what a bit of wishful thinking can do!) but been having terrible AF cramps since this AM. As I haven't had any more bleeding yet (been checking hourly), I will do one final test tomorrow before I bow to the inevitable. :roll:

I was meant to be going out to the cinema tonight but feeling sorry for myself so staying in with the hubbs and a glass of wine instead. image

How's everyone else doing - do we have any positives yet, or any more positive symptoms at least?

Sarah xx

Ps. Vic, you asked if we're TTC our first, we are. Probably explains why I have no idea what I'm looking for and had the urge to test 7dpo, lol.

Pps Already planning what to do differently next month. Think I'll try charting my temps and swap my zestica for a bit of preseed :lol: