Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1dpo - anyone want to go quietly insane with me? lol

Replies

• Lady T - I had really bad heartburn all through last pg so it could be a sign if you don't normally get it - grab at those straws hun with both hands lol!

Sorry for you ladies that AF came - at least if you beleive she is on her way it is a relief when she shows

I have not heard of Zestica but have heard lots of good thing about preseed which is why I wanted to try it - fingers crossed xx

Babydust xx
  • Hi Susiee, I take multi vitamins (which I think has vitamin B in) and evening primrose and have done for about 9 months (I started taking the evening primrose as I head it helped skin tone and wanted to look my best before wedding lol!) but doesn't seem to be working for me image

• Susiee, I can't believe the b*tch got you on the same day as me! What rotten luck. Sorry you are out as well, but hopefully we will both get BFPs next month. My cycles have been 28 & 29 days so quite similar to you - we could well be ov-ing and testing about the same date so lets hope it's good news for both of us.

Kernow, I'm ever so sorry you had another BFN. But your symptoms really do sound like you could have ov''d... I have found that my pre-ov symptoms start a few days before a postiive OPK so it is entirely possible that you ov'd a few days later than you thought, and either it is too early to see a BFP or AF is due in a few days. Fingers crossed for you. xx

Susiee / anyone else - if you could advise me about whether Preseed or Zestica is best (or if there is much of a difference) that would be a help, as I haven't really seen much (if any) EWCM yet so it could he a helpful thing for me to try.
  • P.S. LadyT I have heard that heartburn is a good sign so everything crossed for you! xx
  • Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear you're out this month Tilty and Susiee, hopefully we'll be moving on to the next cycle together.

Kernow, sorry to hear that your cycle is giving you gyp, it must be very frustrating not knowing where you are, or when you can try. If you are not sure that you are ovulating, I think your doc can give you something to bring it on?

Lady T - no pressure but I've got high hopes for you lol, I'm hoping someone from this 'lucky' thread is going to end up with a BFP, otherwise it might actually turn out to be an unlucky thread. Not what I had intended... humpf!

So, I know I said I'd do a final test this morning. I got up, peed on my last superdrug htp, schlepped back to bed and checked it by the light of my bedside lamp. BFN - of course. I thought nothing of it, except... roll on month 3.

I then got up, had breakfast and went upstairs to get ready. I don't know why I checked again but picked up the test and looked at it in natural light this time. There was a faint but noticable line behind the test window. I ripped the test apart and scruitnised the 'line'. There was definately *something* there, which appeared pink rather than grey so possibly not an evaporation line, although I didn't read it within the time limit of course so in hindsight it definatly was.

...to cut a long story short, I went to the chemist and bought 2 FRER tests, one of which I did late this afternoon after holding my pee in for 3 hours. BFN... not even a ghost of a line this time.

So, I might as well do that final test tomorrow AM to use it up and get it out of my house before I start the next cycle and get the urge to pee on it at like 2dpo or something equally ridiculous.

I just hope my AF does turn up this month. I have only just had an operation at the beginning of March to open up my cervix after it closed (had cervical cancer treatment last year) so really hoping and praying that the same thing hasn't happend again.

So - month 3, whose with me?! :lol:

• Ooooh, Sarah - don't give up yet! Did you not say you had just a tiny bit of spotting a day or two ago? It is surely *just* possible that this was late implantation, and that is why you got a hint of a line with FMU today? It's surely not over until AF is here - keep your chin up!

On the other hand, I would be delighted to cycle buddy with you and Susiee again if she does show and hope that this months is a lucky one all round.

Keep us posted on the test result tomorrow! xxx
  • Hey,

sarah - I've never had an evap line on a superdrug and I don't think they're known for it and if it did have colour I think that's quite a good sign. Obviously as I've not had a real period for over 13 years (taking account of the pill) I don't know much about spotting etc but if you did have the spotting and af still not here is that a good sign too? Or do you normally spot a few days before? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Lady T I've also heard heartburn is good so fingers crossed for you too!

Tilty and Sarah thank you for your support, I don't even really mind if AF does come as at least I'll know I'm working!!

After comig off pill in the first month I was all over the shop with cm and emotions etc but I thought it had settled down in the last few weeks suggesting hormones were out of my system hence why I was convinced I'd ov'd when I thought but now I think maybe it was still some last dregs getting out of system.

I've got my opk tests now so will use them everyday and also orderd some dirt cheap ebay preg tests (which I know prob won't be very reliable but hey) so will prob use them for the next couple of days and if nothing on them or no AF I'll assume I misread my body completely - lol!

But in the last couple of hours, I've had a mild headache killer back ache along the base of my back and some V mild cramping so maybe AF is coming?? It's so hard as I have nothing to compare it to (have no idea what I used to get with AF before pill as was 16 when went on it, which (unfortunately!) was a very long time ago for me!!

fingers crossed to Lady T and Sarah and Tilty and Susiee I'll prob g/c your next thread as I'll still be waiting (lol)
  • Kernow, good idea to load up on cheapie OPK and HPTs. Hopefully your cycle will start to regulate soon so you know what's what. Sorry if this had been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but do you chart your temps? I don't but have heard that it is the most reliable way to keep track of your cycles. I think you can get temp kit from boots so i'm thinking of getting one bought for next month along with some preseed - that's if AF ever shows up!

Tilty & Kernow - I love your optomism but I'm fairly sure that the line was an evap, despite wishing otherwise (if wishes were babies we'd all have our BFPs this month surely!) There was a line there although it was very faint. It looked to me to have some of the pinky purple colour of the control line but difficult to tell since it was so faint. I have looked at the test strip just now and it's really hard to see, now it's dried its barely there at all. Now think I must've been seeing things! :\?

I would love to think that I could get my BFP tomorrow but fairly sure that the First Response test I took this afternoon would have shown up something, even if faint, had there been anything to show. I'm not sure but think FRER are more sensitive than SD tests, and by this afternoon there was obviously more time for any HCG to have developed - I held my wee for 3 hours to make sure :lol:

Nevertheless I will take a final (and I mean it this time!!!, :roll: ) test tomorrow and be sure to update you. Just don't get your hopes up! I had a spot of bleeding yesterday morning and cramps all day yesterday, so if it was implantation and not AF (which i'm almost certain it must be) surely there would be some evidence of a BFP tomo.

A more likely scenario is that my cervix has healed over again and this is preventing awful AF from making her dreaded appearence. I just wish I knew either way, I wouldn't even mind if she did turn up at this point, I'd rather be moving on to cycle 3 than going through more dilation procedures and having my cervical canal shaved again :x

I think I need a lie down now - my brain is fried!! :lol:

...sorry for the uberlong post

Sxx

• Kernow, just realised that i'd written that massive post and somehow still not managed to answer your question. Sorry hon!

The truth is that I am not really sure if it's normal for me to spot before AF or not. I was on the contraceptive implant until last April, was diagnosed with cervical cancer in June following a LEEP procedure, had a cone biopsy in August, my cervix sealed up in October/Nov, and was reopened in early March.

I have been prodded, poked and hacked up so much that I don't really know what kinds of bleeding and discharge is normal, or when I should expect it. The worst thing really is that I don't really trust my body any more. A normal woman who is late for her period starts thinking she might be pregnant, I just think - great, my bloody stupid ladygarden is on the blink again, lol.

Mustn't grumble, I'm alive and well which is the main thing image I do sympathise with your messed up cycles though, I know how it feels to not know what's going on with them.

Hope we both get a resolution soon! xxx

• Kernow, I obviously don't want to give you false hope here, but the symptoms you have posted about really do sound promising for AF. I had backache and cramps for three days before AF appreared this cycle, and quite a lot of ladies seem to post on here that they get headaches before AF. Of course, lots of people also say that the symptoms of early pregnancy are very similar to those of AF coming so you really never do know.... Fingers crossed for the next few days.

SarahBear, I'm sorry to hear that you have been through such a difficult time of things. It kind of puts things in perspective about the whole TTC business. I really hope you either get AF or a BFP very soon (obviously a BFP would be far preferable, but it sounds like you do just want to know what is going on!) Keep us all posted and good luck.

I really, really hope that at least one person from this thread gets a BFP this month - no pressure on the rest of you at all though! :lol:
  • Hey sarahbear, god what a horrible thing to happen to you. I feel terrible for moaning about my issues now! I've still got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow

xx

Oh and I brought myself a bbt thermometer today so will start charting tomorrow!

xx
  • Sarahbear, also really sorry to hear of your troubles - it sounds like you are due some good luck so if not this month then all the best for next month. Just the sound of 'cervial canal shaving' makes me feel a little funny - I really hope you don't have to go through that again.
    Well I have no major symptoms to report again today - PMT or otherwise - so not sure what to think still. Hoping for a last minute surge of something positive today. My boobs do hurt today but only because I did too much on the chest press at the gym yesterday! I did have heartburn again last night briefly also but probably because I picked up fish and chips on the way home from the gym.
  • Sorry to hear you had such a rough time, Sarahbear - Kernow you are right it really puts stuff into perspective doesn't it?
    Any news from anyone?

I did a stupid thing and i'm regretting it now as am sat here all down in the dumps. I tested yesterday for some silly reason (mainly coz my (.)(.)s were hurting SO much), and within the time limit it came up with the faintest of faint lines. My heart was racing and i really thought that we might hav done it! Thing is it was so faint i couldn't really tell if there was colour in it or not. Anyway i took another of same type this morning and a BFN. I tried to convince myself that there might be a glimmer of hope as it's still well early (8dpo ish), but now i can think of nothing else image

To make it worse, i just popped to sainsburys and the entire population seemed to have little ones. Is it just me or are they everywhere! Argh. Sorry for the rant. This waiting is so rubbish. And the silliest thing about it is that I'm wishing away my easter holidays here!
    I really hope somebody gets a bfp on this thread too - huuuge amounts of luck to everyone left!
  • Hello ladies,

Thanks for all the kind comments. It was a rough few months back there, especially coming in the wake of all the Jade Goody stuff, and before my own wedding.

I don't want to sound like I'm having a moan though, because I'm aware how lucky I have been to have had treatment which has preserved my fertility - my greatest fear when I was diagnosed was not that I might die, but that I wouldn't be able to have children. I am so lucky that I should be able to, many women who have had cervical cancer are not so lucky - I thank my lucky stars every day that I went for that smear! :\)

I said I would test this morning using FMU and report back. As predicted it was a BFN, not a hint of a line. To make sure I didn't dig it out of the bin later I even took the test strip out and scratched it off 10 minutes after I'd done the test - could do without another day of squinting at a HPT scrutinising it for a test line. :roll:

Unfortunatly there's still no sign of AF after the inital spotting I had around 10dpo which leads me to believe that my cervix might have scarred over again for a second time. Feeling a bit down in the dumps about it, but will have to wait well after my period is late to contact my consultant to see what can be done.

I really don't want to keep having a dilation every month as I don't want to weaken my already compromised cervix further, and anyway, if it's going to scar over again in a matter of weeks (I finished AF on 12th March - so less than a month ago) i'm not even sure if it's an effective treatment. Not sure what's to be done with me or if I'm just a lost cause :\?

Still, really excited to see whether we get any BFPs on this thread! xxx

• Lady T, keeping my fingers crossed for you and HM3, 8dpo is super suuuuuuper early to test (I should talk, I've been doing it from then myself!), and the vast majority of women (say 98%) wouldn't show a a BFP by then even if they were pregnant. I know it's hard but try and keep up the PMA!

Sxx
  • Thanks Sarahbear - i really wish you all the best with this whole thing, it can't be easy for you and you have a fantastic attitude towards it all. And thank you, i'll definitely try to keep up the PMA. I'm really going to try and wait and see if AF shows now, or at least until day before or something.

LadyT when are you testing?
  • hi hopefulmummy - I must confess, after working at home all day today temptation got the better of me and I tested this afternoon and of course it was negative. Disappointed but that'll teach me - early testing bad!!!! i think I'll just see how this weekend goes - if i don't get any pmt symptoms tomorrow i might buy another test (i've ran out) and do one on monday or sunday if i can't make it till then. i've kind of accepted that i'm not going to be the lucky one from the thread this month but the witch isn't here yet so there is still a glimmer of hope i suppose.
  • Hey all, Oh sarah, I really hope it's not any more bad news for you, as LadyT said you must be due some good luck, please do keep us updated on any progress.

Well I tested again today and BFN so I'm not sure what to think really. That was with a superdrug one. I also did an ebay cheapie and thought there might be a ghost of a line there but don't trust it as it's a cheapie and seriously you'd have to have x-ray vision to see it so I'm taking that as a negative too (I looked again later and couldn't see anything so think I imagined it!!) I'm going away for the weekend (nowhere posh just to husbands parents) so won't be able to test then so will do a final test on Tuesday when we get back (assuming AF doesn't arrive) and if that's a BFN then I'll assume I didn't ovulate.

So that leaves LadyT and hopefulmummy to make sure someone gets a BFP!!!!

xx
  • Sorry to hear about the BFNs today, but hopefulmummy3 I am really crossing my fingers that the faint line will rapidly become something much stronger!

Kernow, I hope you have a good weekend away and that you manage to put the TTC business to the back of your mind for a day or two. Hopefully when you get back and test it'll be good news!

As I'm well and truly out this month I'm going to make the most of it and treat myself to a few glasses of wine tonight - ah, I love Friday evenings! Happy weekend all! xx

• Hi Girls

Well I've succumbed again and again and again and even did two in one go this afternoon. All BFN though. AF due on Monday and pretty much all of my symptoms are gone. Still have the ache in my tummy and boobs and I'm shattered but think I've got a bit of a bug. Don't have any AF symtoms either.

Looks like I'll be going into 2011 too.

Had a nap and now I'm going to have a nice glass of wine.

Good luck to us all next month. xxx