Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

1dpo - anyone want to go quietly insane with me? lol

123457»

Replies

• Hey all,

Ahhh I'm sorry the witch got you vicksy and Lady T. Fingers crossed for next month.

So after my weekend away I got home this afternoon and of course the first thing I did was test and another BFN and still no sign of AF. The tests I've been using are the ebay cheapies - does anyone know how reliable they are? (ha ha I'm really clinging at straws now!).

No symptoms at all. The only weird thing is have had mega greasy hair the last 2 days (I normally have to wash it everyday anyway) but I've been washing it in morning and by afternoon it's greasy and this morning I washed it and it was greasy about an hour later). Now I don't want to read too much into this as it may just be that the water is different at husbands parents house (we have really soft water in Cornwall and I think it's quite hard where they live), but I was using my normal shampoo/coditioner and it's never happened before when we've been up to visit.

The other thing is the weird cold but not developing into a cold just staying nasal, well I think I've found the cause of that as think I have an allergy to tree pollen or something which would explain that side of things.

So I'm still in limbo. Still using my opk's but not had a positive yet (I don't think so anyway - keep getting dark lines but not as dark as control which packet says is -ve but I've read some people never get a truly dark line. I hope not as clearly no bding went on this weekend at husbands parents house!

Do you think I should get a more expensive test or will the cheapies be quite accurate?

Ixxx
  • Hiya Kernow, yay you're still in - how many dpo are you now? Hmm that's strange about your hair - could be a good sign of lots of hormones whizzing around perhaps?
    Can't comment on opks i'm afraid, know nothing about them, sorry. i also noticed a bit of nasal sort of tingly feelings when i blew my nose for a few days, but that's gone now. still have sore bbs and cramps here and there, but then i usually get a bit of that before af anyway... As for internet tests, i think if you're beyond the day of your missed period then they should work as well as a more expensive brand. at least that's what i've read.
    baby dust and bean glue xxxxx
  • Hi hopefulmummy,

I'm not really sure when I ov'd. I thought it was about 16 days ago but not so sure now, I suppose it could have been a few days later (assuming I even did!). Brought a clearblue non digi so will use that tomo and then I give up and assume I didn't ov and go back to the drawing board!

When are you testing?

xx
  • Hi Hopefulmommy this evening (.)(.) a bit sore and have a few pains in lower back and side but I don't know if this is a good thing / bad thing or unrelated! lol also wondering if its all in my head as I know that some symptoms could start from today so am wondering if brain is making them all up!

I got my preseed from a website called access Diagnostics it was a six pack applicator set for 12.99 with free postage and it came around five working days after ordering it. But am sure if you put 'preseed' in google you will probably get lots of sites that sell it

Babydust xx
  • Morning guys,
    thanks for that Jen, might put some of that on order, if hubby is in agreement! Hmm i know what you mean about making up symptoms - once i've read something i start thinking i might have it lol. i really hope yours get stronger and are very real image

Kernow, sounds like your af is prob late then - let us know what clear blue says!! fingers crossed! I'm 12 dpo today and am going to try not to test until af is officially late (that's CD32/33 for me according to FF) so if there's no af by this Fri/Sat i might just chance it! really don;t want to get my hopes up, as have thought af is coming the past couple of days actually - really felt like it this morning but nothing as yet... it's torture!

lots of dust xxxx
  • I had have had nausea on and off since coming off the implant in Feb too. It seems to have died down now (so far at least) but I too am officially ignoring any nausea related 'symptoms' this month in case they get my hopes up!
  • Hi Girls

I've still got my fingers crossed for you all still. Well I'm on day two now and I think I'm almost finished. I have very short periods and only get cramp for a couple of hours so I am very lucky.

Well for me it onwards and downwards (my weight that is) I'm using this month to start my boot camp again, start my running and getting myself organised. I've also ordered some pre seed so fingers crossed I will lose a few pounds and my BFP this month.

Good luck girls. Theres still hope for your BFP's.

V xxxx
  • Thanks for the warnings ladies - luckily I came off the pill years ago so at least if i get sick I'll know I can rule that out.
    Hi Vicsy, yay for all the PMA and oh i am so jealous of your 2-day afs! mine are heavy for about 3 days but then are light for at least another 4... argh. that's cool about the running etc too image

Well i'm off away for a few days from tomorrow (am still vaguely hoping NOT to get af when we're away...) - good luck to all for over the next few days! Now, the decision is do i take hpts with me or tampons?!I'll have to take both :/
    ***baby dust***
    xx
  • Hey all,

I'm now pretty convinced I'm not pg and think I guessed wrong when I thought I ov'd so back to waiting for me (boo)

It's so weird that we give ourselves all these symptoms and thinking back I can now think of a logical reason for almost all of them, why I couldn't see it at the time I have no idea!!!

So my stuffy nose was much more likely to be hay fever from the tree pollen

My back ache I think was from throwing balls/sticks for the dogs

my lack of appetite I think may originally have been caused by coming off pill and so I just got used to eating less and therefore wasn't so hungry.

the headaches I think are from using computers all the time (off to get my eyes tested next week)

the only one I don't know about was the stomach twinges but guess that was just one of those things that I paid extra attention to as desperate to spot signs.

I must remember all that next time I think I'm on a 2ww lol!

Baby dust and good luck to those still in from this thread

xx
  • Hello everyone!
    Well I can't quite believe I'm typing this, it seems so surreal, but I have good news - I got my BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    image AF didn't come while we were away so i used one of my FRER tests, came up straight away!!! Did another one as it was a twin pack, came up too. then did a clearblue digital just to make doubly sure, and it came up 'Pregnant' within about a minute.

I am so grateful to you all for your support and advice and I wish you all lots of luck for getting your BFPs very very soon. Hopefully see you over in the Pregnancy boards.

I am now hoping for lots of special sticky glue. Due 24th Dec!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • wow huge congrats Hopefulmommy xxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks Jennifuree - hope you get yours really soon hun. I'm still in shock!
  • yay Massive congrats hopefulmummy!! So pleased someone on here got a BFP!!!! Happy and healthy 9 months hopefulmummy and like you say, hopefully we will see you soon over on preg boards!!

xx
  • Congratulations hopefulmummy. That's fantastic. I'm so excited for you x x
  • huge congrats hopefulmummy...so this was a lucky thread after all!!! have a happy and healthy 9 months. xx
  • I wonder who will be next??????? xxxx
  • hopefulmummy3 - congratulations!!! I haven't been online much for a few days but am just catching up with everything. Fab news, and I'm glad the thread has some well-earned good luck!

I'm just coming up to the 'important week' as I'm on CD11 now. Just about to start OPKs etc. - ooooohhh, I hope this month is a good one!

xx
  • I am hoping it is a good sign I am finally (during my 3rd month off the implant) noticing a change in my CM. I hardly had any in month one and only a bit more in month 2. Today I am only on CD11 (ov'd about CD16 in the past two months) but I am already getting more of it, and feeling quite 'wet' (sorry for the TMI!) So either I am about to ov earlier (-ve OPK at the minute though) or maybe my CM is actually getting back to normal. I hope I finally get some of that elusive EWCM this month and that this is a good and promising sign! xx