Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How early can you test?

Hi all,

Does anyone know how soon you can do a test? I was fertile at the beginning of jan and we were BD every other day around this time and I just wanted to know when the earliest would be that I can do a test?

Lets say we got lucky and conception took place 1st Jan so 11 days into a pregnancy would it show on a test?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Possibly. They say best to wait until after your AF is due? Do you know how long your Luteal Phase is?

I think average is 13DPO for a positive test... but can be as early as 9...

Good luck xx
  • Hi baby dancer, thanks for your advice, I have no idea what Luteal phase is though?

I just really want to test as I feel different to usual, can't even put my finger on it really.

• Hi CW,

LP is time between ov and af date usually 10-14 days depending on cycle length.

xx
  • Hi hun, I would agree that 13dpo is really the earliest as anything before that might give you a flase negative (still possible at 13dpo but less likely) Good luck xx
  • Hi hun, I would agree that 13dpo is really the earliest as anything before that might give you a false negative (still possible at 13dpo but less likely) Good luck xx
  • Thanks girls, i'll just have to be patient for a few more days, it's so hard!

xx
  • When I was pregnant with my first it took 4 weeks for a test to be positive... I took a test after 3 weeks and it was negative, but was just by chance I took another a week later and it was positive!
  • i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated.
  • Good luck!
    I got my BFP with my little boy 6 days before my period xx
  • Hi ladies, I did a test the other day even though hubby said not to and it was negative suprise. Nice to know that some of you who had neg went on to have bfp's! I'm going to wait to just see if AF turns up. x