Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

im new & need help ttc

hi, i am a newbie, i have been ttc for nearly 2 yrs now..any tips or advice appreciated xxx:image

Replies

• hi laura welcome to the site iv been ttc for about 2 years xxx:\):\)
  • Hiya all - what things have you been trying up til now (except the obvious o'course!!!) ? I was going through all sorts of tests and operations and was about to begin the fertility treatment when I fell pregnant naturally by 'accident' - i.e. wasn't expecting it to happen. I changed a lot of things in the 2 years I was trying: gave up smoking, drinking, lost 3 stone and got healthier, changed a very stressful job, anything that I thought wasn't helping things. I think in some small way all of these were contributing to it not happening. Also, being a tad obsessed about not being able to get pregnant but wanting it to happen desperately so used to do my own head in about it constantly. It's easy to say "just try not to think about it and put it out of your head" but it's not so easy to do!! Fingers crossed for you guys - you have come to the right place for lots of hints and tips, there is a wealth of experience from the ladies on this site!
    Take care
    Tracey xx
  • Hi ya, have you been to your gp & asked to be referred to fertility clinic. They do investigations as to why you cannot conceive. Also clomide can be prescribed if they feel its necesary. I went a few yrs ago but my ex's sperm count was low so they would not give it to me. I dont know how i got to be 30weeks pg but i did after ttc for yrs!!!! If i can do it anyone can i say. I have severe PCOS & luckily my o/h now has a high sperm count cos i only had 2/3 periods last yr & the last one was in may but i got pg in october (god only knows how that happened). Talk to your gp about possibilities, i wish you the best of luck***