Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

So fed up I could cry

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for the last 7 months. I've recently had a sort of promotion at work and gone from legal sec to trainee legal executive. However, today we were told that one of the other secretaries is now pregnant. Not only am i pissed off cos she's gone round the office saying "and I wasn't even trying to get pregnant, but it's great news eh!", but it also seems that when she goes off on maternity, that'll put an end to my promotion and I'll have to be a secretary again to cover her job. How bloody unfair is that!

Sorry to whine girls, but i'm just so cut up about it.

Replies

• Life is so unfair sometimes. Is sure she doesnt mean to hurt you by going around saying that, it just seems like and extra stab in the back tho! As for 'demoting' you back to sec to be her matenity cover, can they do that? Is the promotion official, and have you been told that that is what will happen?

It doesnt sound right that they can do that to you, so I would check it out.

Keep your pma glued to your side, it will be you going aroun the office telling everyone your bfp news soon xxx

http://tt.lilypie.com/0Wotp1/.png

• Hi PoppyGirl.
    Just wanted to let you know i feel the same way.
    We have been trying for over 2 years now, and had a mmc in Nov last year.
    Seems like everyone else can pregnant just looking at their partner.
    My friend has had 2 children in the time we have been trying, even though i am happy for her, it does seem to be a like a dagger through the heart.

Keep going, my moto is.... Everything will be alright in the end, if it is not alright then it is not the end.
  • thanks for that - trouble is, i reckon she knows exactly that she's hurting me by the way she's going round the office. We were close friends until recently, and she knew we were desperately ttc, so she know's how it'd upset me.

as for my promotion, nothing was ever official, and our office has no qualms in demoting people at the drop of a hat. I'm in two minds as to whether to look for another job or not. I enjoy what i'm doing now - i don't want to go back to being a secretary again to cover "lil miss vindictive's" maternity cover
  • Aww thanks King McFadden - I'm trying to stay positive - but it's not so easy today when all I can hear outside the office is everybody cooing over her good news!

Got to find the pma again!