Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you have a "best friend"

2»

Replies

• Aw girls you have all cheered me right up image

Lawso, DH keeps says that I would make friends when we have a baby because of NCT classes and baby groups etc. But who knows when that would be......

I must say if it wernt for you girls i would be really lost and living in a dream world or be missrible because all I would want is to be back in S.A with my friends - although that still does happen from time to time.

I live in Bracknell, Berkshire - so miles and miles and miles from any of you lot. :cry:
  • I have never really had any close friends just a few friends. I always seem to come across as stand offish until people get to know me. Dont get me wrong I do have friends who I go out with every now and again but noone to tell my troubles too!
    I love hubby to bits but sometimes a girl needs someone to moan to about hubby!!

I recently have joined a rounders team and its really good fun I have met about 15 new people and we have been out a few times for team building even if I dont make any good ffriends it gets me out and about for a few hours each week and its good excercise as well!!!
  • MIW I come across as quiet and shy!! Which to be fair I am most of the time until I get to know you and then you wont shut me up. lol But I only get to that point if I can see me clicking with someone. But I am sick of always trying and being the one to put myself out their and then getting shot down.

DH is definalty my best friend and I tell him everything but I cant bitch to him about him now can I
  • Cooper that is exactly what im like im shy until I get to know people then no shutting me up! I do tend to get on with blokes tho more than girls as I do tend to have quite a blokish sense of humour plus we own a building company so work with all lads! but I do love a good ole natter with people and once I open up to people there is no stopping me!
  • lol girls thats what I'm like to, when i first met DH i was really quite and used to promise him that i would get noisier, now he cant get me to shut up! Im like that with everyone, thikn i come accross as quiet, shy and .. even boring until i get to know people then i relax and am a totally different person. Its so hard to get to that point with people tho. Think thats why i work with kids. Its a shame we dont all live in the same area!
  • Hi sorry I'm gc.I've had loads of bfs.None lasted though.Had 1 from age 7 to 11 then we moved.I used to see her around but we had nothing to say to each other?1 from 14 to 17 we went school and college together until a boy in our class told her I'd been gossiping about her and SHE BELIEVED HIM.I dropped out of college never seen her since.From 17 to 21 started hanging about with an old family friend.She was always closer to these other girls though and told them more stuff than me.She was my bridesmaid when I was 21.she came late on my wedding coz she was getting ready.She missed my hen night to have an abortion.We got pregnant at the same time.The hen night and wedding were 3 weeks apart,don't ask why!Throughout the wedding plans she was talking about what she'd wear etc.. wouldn't do anything I asked.I cried for ages abt it and only my make up artist was there for me.lol.Got married and moved away I've not seen her since.