Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

getting near

I'm currently on day 34 of what was a 39 day cycle last month

not sure if that is my normal cycle as that was first one since coming off the pill.
so desparate to test but trying to wait until the weekend at least.

wonder if it will be this month........

no signs yet apart from huge knockers and extreme tiredness but that happened last month too so not getting hopes up.

Replies

• Good luck speckles, sendng you loads of baby dust. Try to hold off testing as long as you can - easier said than done I know!! Liz xxx
  • Hi

I know exactly how you feel, my AF is due this weekend and I've been trying to resist doing a test since I bought it on Monday. I've decided that I'm going to wait until Friday morning now. It's such a nightmare, really want to do test as it could be good news but on the other hand will be gutted if it's a BFN. The symptoms thing is tricky too, as you say many of them are similar to just before your AF arrives, so who knows!!!! I've been feeling a bit sick at times but not sure if I'm just imagining it, also sore boobs but nowhere near as painful as just before AF last month. It's all so complicated isn't it? I really hope everything goes well for you at the weekend. Keep us updated on anynews, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. xxx
  • hiya speckles i know how you feel hun, af is due today and i have cramps and backache but also i feel sicky, i tested this morning (i know i know) and got bfn so feel worse now i just wish it would hurry up and get here!
    hi shrewpin ur a better person than me i keep saying i will wait but i have no will power
    good luck girls

love leighxxx
  • Hi Speckles
    My first cycle after coming off the pill was 28 days but the second one was 31 (just to make me think I had been lucky!!!!!
    I tested on CD27 and CD 30 and both were negative. Try to hold on til the weekend if you can ~ Hope your will power is stronger than mine !!!!;\)
  • Hi Leigh,

I'm not sure about being a better person, think I'm just scared to do test as i'm worried about how i'll feel if it's a bfn. I'm daft, I know, but the more days that af doesn't arrive I keep thinking theres more chance it'll be a positive result when I do test. Does that make sense? Hope everything is okay for you if and when you test again, let us know. xxx
  • I agree. first month I found it really exciting testing. Finally wanting to be pregnant rather than all those years worrying when you were one day late!!!
    but this month i'm really unsure - i guess because the longer i test and the longer it stays away then the longer i can keep thinking maybe.

Plus if not this month then my af will be due on my b'day next month. if we crack it next month i'll find out i guess about three days before my big 30th bbq - and believe me for me to not be drinking at my own party will set the tongues wagging!!! not sure i'll want people working it out that early on.....

but i guess we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it.....weird how it takes over your thinking eh?
  • Yeah I know, always thought when we started ttc I wouldn't be one of these people who let it take over my life, while it hasn't (yet) I do find myself thinking about it nearly all the time. It's good to know that there are other people out there that think the same way as I do.
    I wouldn't worry too much about you b'day bbq, you could always say the doctors given you some antibiotics for some mystery illness. Just another qestion for you, do you evet get people asking you when your going to start 'trying'? Loads of people keep asking us and I just find it sooo rude.