Next step - Accupuncture

Iv'e taken the plunge and contacted a chinese herbal medicine centre and enquired about accupuncture.

Got an appointment tomorrow at 10.30am to discuss more. Booked DH in aswell but not told him yet!!!!! he he. How do I tell him girls, should have asked him first but got carried away on the phone LOL

How many people have had accupuncture and conceived? I am told that DH will see a big improvement with sperm after 3 mnths,,,,

So excited but scared because the thought of a needle going through my skin scares me a bit

Having refloexology at the min but doesn't seem to be working so going for plan B!!!!!!

• Hi Maddie,

I had accupuncture for the first time this month and conceived, not sure if it was that or not. DH didn't have it done though. I heard zinc can help mens sperm as well. Good luck. xx
  • Congratulations Ansy,
    You must be made up, how long were you ttc and besides the accup did you do anything different? Yeah Zinc is a biggie isn't it where the little swimmers are concerned, DH is taking supplements that have got everything in. I really hope the accup works, did you think it would work or were you totally shocked?
  • Congratulations Ansy,
    You must be made up, how long were you ttc and besides the accup did you do anything different? Yeah Zinc is a biggie isn't it where the little swimmers are concerned, DH is taking supplements that have got everything in. I really hope the accup works, did you think it would work or were you totally shocked?
  • Hi Maddie (my wedding anniversary buddie!)
    I am also starting accupuncture for the first time tomorrow. I went in last Monday to have a consultation & they started me on some chinese herbal tablets and advised accupuncture.
    My hubby hasn't gone, because in the first instance I need to sort out my cycles which are all over the place.
    I would suggest saying to your hubby that you called & had a chat and booked an appointment for tomorrow and they advised he comes along too. I'm sure he won't mind!
    JBean and AnsyM, congratulations to you both, fills me with positive vibes that it can happen!!!
  • Congrats to you 2! That's great, hope you have a nappy nine months image
    Think DH will go tomorrow, it's more the money that he's concerned about not so much the session. Will talk to him about it tonight after work when he's more chilled out and gently drop into conversation...... Did you do the herbs as well or just accupuncture? Running out of options now so really hope this does it.xxx
  • Congrats to you 2! That's great, hope you have a nappy nine months image
    Think DH will go tomorrow, it's more the money that he's concerned about not so much the session. Will talk to him about it tonight after work when he's more chilled out and gently drop into conversation...... Did you do the herbs as well or just accupuncture? Running out of options now so really hope this does it.xxx
  • Thanks Moomin, I will try that with DH
    Let me know how you get on tomorrow, I think were just talking tomorrow about what will happen so I may be given some herbs or may not... The lady did mention that on the phone. It's costing me 35.00 for session and herbs
    Good luck wishing you lots of luck xxxx
  • Hi Maddie
    How did you get on with the accupuncturist on Saturday?
    I had my first appointment and it went well - it doesn't hurt at all and it's quite relaxing. I had needles all on my stomach, down my legs, on my arms and one on my head. After the accupuncture the Dr gave me a medicinal massage which was weird! It was all on my abdominal area, and lower back and apparently it is to warm my Qi which is too cold! I am on LOADS of little pills as well - seriously i have to take about 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening! Fingers crossed this will sort me out!
    Did you get your husband to go with you to the appointment? What did they say and are you booked in for some accupuncture?
    hope it all went well!
    xx
  • I worked with a lady who had been ttc for over a year, then went for accupuncture (just her, not her DH) and she was preggars within two months.
  • Hi Moomin,
    Glad your 1st session was OK. I am sure all the prodding and poking with the needles will all be worth it in the end... Me and DH went along to the appointment and were really pleased when we found out that accup has a very high success rate for preg! The one problem that we have is finances, the lady has suggested that we both have it done, she thinks that there may be a prob with my cycles also so we would need to go twice a week for 3 mnths to see improvement, each session is ??30.00 per pers and we would need to take herbs twice a day for 3mnths! 2 days supply will cost ??10.00!!!!!! for me and DH. I really feel stuck in a rut a rut at the min coz it's going to cost over 1K just for accup and also to top that off me and DH had a huge arg yesterday coz he feels like I am only with him to make a baby and he feels so much pressure to get me pregnant but knows that it's his problem. he blames himself coz of Low sprm count. I really don't know what the next step is for us, sorry to rant but feeling pretty down today. I love him so much but he says that I have changed since I met him and my mind is always focused on a baby!!! The thing is he's right and I don't know what to do about it. It's become a part of everyday life for me. He wants us to stop trying and just enjoy life again as a couple.
    Help need advice!
    xx
  • Oh honey, that is rough. It is hard once you decide to try for a baby for it not to take over your whole life. I was starting to feel like that too & there was one occasion where I had jumped my husband every night for about a week and let's just say the pressure got to him! Under other circumstances I'm sure he'd have been delighted i was so up for it!
    Anyway, first things first the money situation. it's a tough one. I paid for 13 accupuncture / massage sessions and a months supply of tablets on Saturday and it set me back about ??400 so i know how you are feeling. After i did it I felt a bit sick about the thought of what i'd just done! Can you talk to the accupuncturist and get them to do you a deal or ask if it is really necessary to go twice a week (my therapist suggested once per week for me).
    And secondly with regards to your hubby and how he's feeling. Try to book in some time to spend with him having fun or doing stuff you did before you started ttc, e.g. a day out somewhere, a romantic meal, etc. I was starting to feel like it was taking over my life so I decided to think of it another way and make the most of our 'couple' time before we start a family and enjoy the things we might not be able to do so often after we have children. Obviously I'd rather be pregnant than be able to go out for a romantic meal but at least it's focusing on the positives!
    Sorry if this is the most rambling post ever! But I hope you feel better soon and your husband feels better about it too.
    wishing you loads of luck xxx
  • Hi Moomin,
    Thanks for the advice
    Wev'e decided to hold off on the Accup for 3 mnths because DH said that were doing too much at min and spending a fortune on lots of fertility things and we haven't given it enough time to see if anything works. Plus we won't know what worked if I do fall preg LOL He's right on that 1. We had a big arg at the weekend! The press of trying for a baby has affected our relat together and sex has become very regime and hardly ever happens at the min, so it's not good at the moment, I am being really emotional at the min and find myself sitting in corners sobbing and feeling down because I want a baby so much. Don't know about you but I shut myself off from DH when I am like that and I know that isn't helping the situation.
    I think that theres something that is in the back of my mind and thats my abortion back in 2000 with ex partner. maybe it's a guilt thing I don't know but DH thinks I need to talk to someone.
    We have agreed to stop trying and just enjoy eachothers company more and take the pressue away from baby making and for the past couple of days this has been great. I am talking more and laughing again with DH and he has noticed this. Early days but I am really trying! I had a peak fert on CBFM on Wed and we BD'd that day and no other so I'm not considering anything happening this month and I am OK with that.
    Were going to the hotel we got married in tomorrow for our anniv so were both looking forward to spending quality time together until Sun and hopefully rekindling some of that love that we have recently lost. I love my husband so much and I am not prepared to loose him over anything so time for big changes. You are completely right about understanding how hubby is feeling, I have let this become an obsession now and I have to control it or I am going to loose this relationship. I hate seeing DH get upset and after we had that row I found him on the landing crying coz he feels like this is all his fault!!! I have to take this stress and pressure away from him if we are ever going to conceive. It's really comforting to hear you say about making the most of your time together before starting a family.
    Sorry now I have rambled, here if you ever need to talk
    Good luck getting your BFP, fingers crossed for you
    Maddie
    xxx
  • Hope you have a really good weekend rekindling that romance Maddie. Try not to feel guilty about the abortion hun, lots of people have them and if it was the right thing for you to do at that time then it is nothing to feel bad over!!
    Perhaps relaxing and taking the pressure off may ultimately help you get that bfp. Good luck!!
  • Hi Maddie
    I'm glad to hear that you and hubby are trying to relax and enjoy each other again. I agree with Hjanea, that the abortion you had was the right thing at the time and that is in the past. I hope you have a lovely weekend away and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!