Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just need some advice

Hi everyone good evening/good morning when ever you read this.

Well has anyone thought about fostering children and if they have or do i want to know your opinions?
It has got to be a good thing yeah helping others, i know we wont stop trying but is an option and there are plenty of children needing love and i need to give love. Its not bad to want to hear a childs laughter in your house is it?
And fostering means i can help people as well as forfilling my own needs of being a mother. Or am i being selfish inflicting myself on others.
Ok i will say it again any person who has been fostered is a fosterer or is thinking about it please respond>
Love and hugs to all who read this>xoxoxoxo

Replies

• Options
    hi i am applying 2 be a child minder but i also have considered fostering for the future. I think fostering is a positive thing to do as my sisters husband grew up with foster children and although id was not fostered himself,found it to be a positive experience.my sister suffers from endometreosis so finds it difficul to conceive and has also suffered a miscarriage and they are now considering fostering.i have always dreamed of having a house full of children and a massive family like in the darling buds of may! I have 1 child it took 18 months to conceive and have now been trying for 13 months with no result.how long have you been trying?i do not think you are selfish for thinking of fostering because of your desire to be a mother because foster children need someone like you to give then the love and support they would otherwise not be getting.i wish you the best of luck x:\)
  • Options
    I know someone who has had their own child and also fostered and still doing it, best of both worlds from what i can see. Look into it with the right organisations because it is very different to adopting but if you feel you have alot to give then i say go for it.