Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Post miscarriage cycles

Hi

Just wondering how long it takes cycle to get back to normal after m/c. Had a missed miscarriage in May and took 42 days for first AF and still waiting for second (35 days and counting). Have done two pg tests both BFN so thinking if cycle is so long unlikely to be ovulating. Have bought ovulation kit to try but not too sure when to start. Signed up to the mymonthlycycles.com website someone recommended which might help tracking a bit.

Any advice gratefully received as I'm no spring chicken!

Katie x

Replies

• After my first period i went straight back to normal? Could you be preg? Have you done a test? x
  • Hi Abbey and Jane,

Thanks for your replies.

What a horrible time you have had of it Jane - 2 mmc is just so unfair - how are you doing now? It's reassuring to hear someone else has had crazy cycle after mmc - sounds like you were very lucky Abbey.

Typically AF returned tonight - might have guessed it would having done a pg test this morning and posted my message on this forum!! So the first one after mmc was 42 days and this one was 35 days so here's hoping next time will be back to normal 28 day cycle. Hope so as every day later than 28 days just gets my hopes up only to be disappointed.

Here's hoping we all have some good news soon. Thanks again.
    Katie x
  • Sorry to hear that. Good luck trying x x
  • After 1st mmc it was 42 days, then back to normal. After 2nd mmc it was straight back to 28 days.

Keep trying, i know it's hard but it will happen, i'm now 22+4 and had a scare at 6wks which i thought was the end, turned out to be implantation bleed. I conceived after 2 af's and knew almost straight away but put off doing a test till the day i was due.

Good luck to you all, hope you have BFP soon
    x

• Hi Katie
    My first was 38 days after ERPC and second was 31 days. I used to be 28 days...ttc this next month so ..we'll see.

S x
  • hi Katie
    After my mmc, I had a period about thirty days later, then fell pregnant after trying for two years for the first pregnancy. So i think every ones body is different it will happen when your body is ready. Fingers crossed you could already be preggers. Ness x
  • If your ovulation kit is one of those strip tests I would start on d10 and test every day until you see two stripes (ov) which should be around 2 weeks or more. Goodluck...and keeping fingers crossed.
  • Thanks folks, for your messages.

Def not preggers this month as AF has arrived so making the most of pre-ttc for this month with nice session on the red wine! (hence posting at 4am this morning with early hangover - not used to drinking anymore and curry taking its toll!! image)

Did you/ have you been using the ov test strips kitty? If so how have you found them?

Fingers crossed to everyone ttc at the moment.

K x