Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Aiming for a marathon cycle!!

I think i'm going for a marathon cycle this month! Stopped taking pill on 6/1 had 4 day heavy af, then on 20/1 had a light 'show' (i.e. only there when wiped) which laster for 5 days and then....... nothing! Had a few symptoms like sore (.)(.)'s, constipation etc but seems to have calmed down now. (.)(.)'s very sore on monday, so much so i had to put bra back on!! (could be gravity working its magic!! lol). I was trying to put off testing till after the end of Feb, but i was weak!! I tested on 14/2 using predictor, and then again this morning with a cheapie test and both have proved to be negative. I've no idea what's going on.... :\? . Anyone got any ideas? It may be that my body is trying to get back to normal after being on the pill for 6 yrs. I don't know... help! Heather x

Replies

• Well still no sign of af. 1 month and 6 days since last af/'show'. I haven't done a test yet this week but my sister-in-law suggested taking a urine sample when i go to the doctors on thursday and asking for a pregnancy test. Does anyone else think this is a good idea, or to wait a bit longer and do another home test? Heather xx
  • Yes i think it'd be a good idea to take a sample with you to the docs. When i came off the pill it took over 12 months to get back to a 28 day cycle - the longest cycle was 72 days! I'm not sure whether is was due to being on the pill for 8 years or not as I was pretty stressed with work at the time and the more i worried about my cycles the worse it got. Now i've been ttc for 2 months and have had a 30 and 34 day cycles so i'm hoping they don't get any longer! Best of luck and let us know what the doc says. Take care x
  • I did another test this morning, using a predictor test, and again it was negative. I'm due at the doctors on thursday, sounds like some bloods have come back funny (probably cos the had to take it out of my foot - i don't part with blood very easily - got no veins! - they think i've got a vasculitic rash) so i might ask if they'll do a test for hcg as well. I'm getting a bit fed up this month, i either want one thing to happen or the other, all this waiting and wondering can't be doing me any good! Heather xx
  • Roll on Thur, waiting is the worst isn't it? Sounds like good advice from shoelady to ask for hcg to be checked although i'm not sure i'd want the doc to take more blood, sounds very painful! Are you still having any symptoms? Take care, xx
  • I'm not bothered about having blood taken, needles don't bother me! I felt a sick this morning but that didn't last too long, and i still have achy (.)(.)'s. I think its the waiting thats worse especially when nothing else is happening either!! H xx
  • Well i went to Doctors on thursday, she did a pregnancy test, and again it was negative. It's now been nearly 6 weeks and still no af. I'm really confused! help...
  • Oh i'm sorry it was negative. You must be going out of your mind...which of course won't be helping but what else can you do? Did the doc suggest anything? Such as blood tests to check hormone levels? I guess not, i went to the gp about stupidly long cycles (see earlier mess) but was just told it takes time for body to adjust after coming off the pill! Not very helpful when you're worried. Try to relax, i'm sure it'll come just when you really don't want it too! Take care xx
  • I'm starting to get fed up with this ttc lark!! I still haven't had af, and the last pregnancy test the doctor did on thursday was negative. I'm going to try to wait until the weekend before testing again. maybe my body is still trying to readjust after the pill but i'm never this long between periods. I don't know if its only me, but since we've been ttc, it seems that nearly every other person i see is pregnant - even Charlotte Church is now. Oh listen to me, i'm having a right moan tonight aren't i. Can i just ask, anyone with long cycles, have they always been long, or have u had shorter cycles in the past? Thank u for listening to me moan. Heather xx
  • Hi Heather, how you doing? Any sign of AF yet? Have you tested again?
    Was just wondering whether your periods were regular before you went on the pill?
    Hope you're surviving. xx
  • Heather- I have alternate shorter and longer cycles- I have one lazy ovary and one not quite so lazy- my longest cycle is 43 days (has been 41 & 40) my others (not so lazy ovary) has managed 30! (V. exciting for me) but usually a 35, 34 or 33 day cycle. When I came off the pill, I went at least 3 months without a period. I know what you mean about every other person- it has really got to me recently too and I have been ranting and raving and crying etc I think you just have to let it all out sometimes. A/F came three days ago, so I was feeling a little bit down but not so much now image Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
  • Hi Sarah43 & lilypingu, I haven't had any sign of af yet. It's gone awol! I tested on Tuesday and it was another negative. image( I got a Boots temperature chart kit today, but i'm not sure when to start doing it, because it says to do it on the first day of your period, but i haven't had it and i want to make a start! Has anyone had any success with the temperature charts??? I've just started reading Minus nine to one by Jools Oliver which has really cheered me up, it's quite funny - especially her gherkin and custard craving, not sure Jamie would approve! Had a real giggle with o/h earlier tying to do the legs up the wall bit, got into a fit of giggles and kept wobbling over - i didn't realise you had to be a bloomin gymnast! Ha Ha. I suppose we've got to keep thinking of the fun parts of trying to conceive!! Heather x x