Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Was It an mc???

Hiya girls. Am in a state of distress and despair at the moment. Went to the loo at lunch to find a fair amount of browny blacky blood in my underwear. Of course was gutted immediately knew baby hopes were over!! Had sanitary towels with me but no undies (yuk i know), the blood almost went solid or like a runny jelly when my underwear. not lumpy like sometimes when af is bad and you get lining etc!(TMI!!) When i got up this morning I was literally doubled up in agony with lpains that felt they were up inside my vagina(again sorry for tmi!) and they were really bad for about an hour.

Still bleeding now but not too bad.

Any of those of you in the know do you think this was likely to be af or a mc?

Very sad and cant stop sobbing into my screen

jellybaby xx:\?:\(

Replies

• I'm so so sorry jellybaby. Don't know what to say to make you feel any better right now. I'm thinking of you xx
  • OMG Jellybaby, try and stay calm I've never experienced m/c so I'm not sure but some of the women who have were having +ive results even after because the hormone was still in blood. So the fact your last test was -ve may means it's not but don't sit there scared ring nhs direct see if they can advise you. Even if they just reassure you that your O.K. Is your o/h home what does he think you should do? I'll keep checking let us know how your doing...Lisa xxx
  • im so sorry to hear how upset u r jellybelly. if i was in ur sitution i would phone nhs direct. if they suspect a m/c they will tell u and can advise u what to do next they will prob tell u to go to doctors. i really hope it isnt and will be thinking of u. take care xx
  • jellybaby, sorry you're so upset honey. Im sorry i cant advise you on what it is but am here if you feel sad or scared *hugs* xxx
  • Should I go to a doctor do you think or should i let it run its course and see what happens. Was in a lot of pain this morning but after that just normal af crampy back and a bit uncomfy!! FEELING a bit scared now girls!!!!!!!!
    thanks for your support!
    jellybaby x :cry:

[Modified by: jellybaby on April 17, 2007 07:03 PM]
  • Perhaps it was a different kind of af because you were later than expected??? I think maybe you should test if you're really worried cause then you would know for sure, it would show up even if was a mc. Sorry this is so distressing for you. Hopefully is just a horrible af xxx
  • sorry if ive scared u jellybelly. try and stay calm and call docs or nhs direct if ur really concerned xx
  • Hi Jellybaby, hope you are ok. I would give NHS direct a call they are normally pretty good and will give you proper advise as to what you should do. xxx
  • oh jellybaby im so upset for you petal,you must be devestated.i agree with liz.give NHS 24 a call.ive always found them really helpful.thinking of you jellybaby xx
  • Hi Jellybaby, I'm so sorry your going thru this!! Hopefully it's just af visiting with a vengence!! Take care xxxxxx
  • Hi
    So sorry for you.
    Don't think i can be of much help but I had a postitive result the day my period was due and then bled four days later (so i guess a early mc). I don't remember anything black or as you've described. Was heavy and just like normal af in a way.
    I wonder if it is because you were late. Isn't very dark brown/black blood a sign that it is old blood? Sorry not much help.
    I think you should try not to get worked up about what it was as it may make you even more upset. Sometimes when we are desperate for something so much i think our body starts believing us and stress makes our periods late. What do others think?
    Look after yourself jellybaby and remember it's day 1., we're all here to support you and here's to club 2008 x x x
  • Hiya Girls. Thank you so much for all your advice. Will see how it goes, its calmed down after initial bleed so i think you might be right, about it being a late and bad one rather than a mc. Never mind hey, day 1 is nearly over and hubby bought me kettle chips and starbursts(opal fruit!!!!! always) and we are going to cuddle up and get fat!!!

If still not right tommorrow will go to the docs and find out for sure, it was the pains that scared me more than bleeding.

Justmarried did you seek doc advice when you mc?

I think you are also right that we start to maek ourselves believe because we want it so badly. Now im a week behind you girls, dont leave me!!!!!!! Day 2 here we come.

No more testing till i am 100% head down the loo throwing up and 2 months late!!! hee hee. Got my ov sticks to try this month and will work out how to test temp and cm ( any advice welcome- gives we something to focus on!) as i have never done this yet

love and many thank yous
    jellbaby xxxxxxxxxxx :\(
  • Hi jellybaby
    Last post and then i must go and read Heat magazine and see oh (as need to seduce him).
    No didn't see doc although funnily enough went today for something else and mentioned it. She was unphased and said i was to take it as agood sign that could get pg. All happened back in Jan, 1st month of trying. Feels a long time ago now.
    I have said i will def not test now until late (ish!) or have symptoms as it is too painful. Mind you said that last month and ended up testing. But having no pg tests in the house whatsoever this month. I will be strong!
    We are trying every other day method this month to take the pressure off over the next week. What ov sticks you got? I had some chepo ones and they were crap...i don't think even ov according to them. Anyhow...good luck and i will catch up with you tmw x x x
  • Hi Jellybaby, I am so sorry to hear your news today but a warm welcome to the 2008 club and you are only a couple of days behind me so keep in touch! I had a m/c in February, just over a week after I discovered I was pg. It was not like you describe. It started with very watery blood and I had mild stomach pains. I bled on & off for a few days but it was very similar to af. At the time the Dr diagnosed a threatened m/c and as I had not been doubled over in pain or losing lots of blood I assumed this was the case. It was a couple of weeks later that I just did'nt feel pg anyore, tested again and got a negative. Only after this did I get referred for a scan which confirmed the m/c was complete. Sorry to give you all the details but I guess what I am trying to say is that every person is different. I do think however that you would probably have had a positive test if it was a m/c. See how you feel tomorrow but don't be afraid to speak to the Dr if you are at all worried... and insist on them making sure all is well (or as well as it can be when joining the 2008 club) if you feel you are being fobbed off! Take care & speak to you soon. Love George, xx
  • hey jellybaby, hope you had a good night cuddling up with oh and that today is a brighter day. xxx image
  • hi jellybaby just read the posts, im so sorry honey it sounds like you have been having an awful timexxxx
    it sounds like af visited with a vengeance!!!!!!
    im sending lots of hugs n stuff i hope you are feeling better today

love leighxxx
  • hi jellybaby hope you're feeling a wee bit better today.dont worry you're not far behind.its day 2 for you and day 5 for me.xxx
  • Hi Jellybaby, your probably off working hard but just in case you've stayed home, I hope your feeling a bit better this morning. Day 2 is always better than day 1 so you'll only need half a packet of opal fruits today and can I have a red one? How long is your cycle because some of the ladies have quite long cycles so even though you're a couple of days behind you could be around the same time or even before, but don't worry no one is ever left behind. Gayle1979 day 5 already fantastic hoping you're already getting trying..talk to you all soon ...lisa xxx
  • hi jelly baby
    i havent suffered bad periods for 11 years but in feb i had a blinder with pain like i couldnt believe and i was 2 days eaerly.i wasnt preg either.hopefully it is bad af .im here if you want to talk hun.off to work soon.day 9 for me.
  • Hi lisa i know the days are flying by.af just finishing today,so as of tomorrow,its all systems go lol!!! not using sticks this month so just going to ml as and when we feel like it,which is usually all the time lol! how are you feeling? hi claire hows you? hows your son doing? xx