Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another lucky 'insane gang' chapter

Hello all
Our last thread was getting way too long so thought it was about time to start afresh and hopefully continue the luck we had in the last one.

I'm still on AF/OV/BFP watch - day 46 of my usual 28 day cycle - AF symptoms have gone and now back to feeling normal again :roll: Oh the drama...

Txx

Replies

• Hiya LadyT

Sorry that your body has been playing up .... on a more positive note I know a few ladies (me included) who's bodies have acted strangely then the following month they have got they bfp

Fingers crossed its gonna happen to you too!

Jen x
  • well done LadyT on setting up new thread!

And sorry you're still in limbo - will you go back to Dr's (and try and get a lady one?)

How are you Jen? Is everything going ok?
    I have my 20 week scan on monday - can't believe where the time is going!!

Oh and I forgot to tell everyone but felt baby kick for first time on Saturday and since then he/she has been having a right little rave in my belly (usually in the evenings after tea), it's amazing!

Hope you're both well xx
  • Oh, good work LadyT! image It's so nice not to have to jump through pages and pages to get to the end of the thread now. Sorry your symptoms have gone though - very annoying! Do you think you will test again if AF still doesn't come, or just wait it out...?

Jen, I also had an unsual cycle / AF the month before I got my BFP so there could well be something in cycles going weird and then BFPs appearing...

Kernow I can't believe it's your 20 week scan on Monday! Are you planning to find out the sex? (Sorry if you have said already!) We are planning on having a surprise and as it happens our local hospital doesn't tell you the sex anyway, so that's worked out quite well - we can't be tempted!

I'm just going to get some info together tonight about my medical history etc. for my midwife appt. on Friday. I didn't dare do it before now in case I jinxed myself but figure I will need to do it at some point... I'm ridiculously excited about my appointment, but can't believe how far away my first scan still is. Hurry up time, hurry up! xx

• How exciting Kernow to feel the baby kick!! Must be an amazing feeling - Tilty it won't be long before you're feeling bubba kick (even though it probably feels like an age away at the moment!).

Jen - where are you at now - you must be around 20 weeks too I guess?

Thanks for the info on weird cycles and BFP's - lets hope it works for me too. Keep wondering whether to take another test - I have read a few things on the net about people who didn't get BFPs until really late - but I really do think they are the exception and not the rule - I'm not that lucky!!

Got a lovely night to myself tonight, OH out, so I think its time for bath followed by chick flick.

• Enjoy your bath LadyT, I love a relaxing bath with a book (and in the old days a glass of wine!).

Tilty - no we're not finding out, too much fun guessing and that's going to be my motivation for labour!

Jen - I think you've said this before but I can't remember (sorry!) are you finding out sex? is it 2 girls you already have?

xx

• Hiya ladies

Yes I'm hoping to find out the sex as I have two girls and am hoping although it doesn't matter as long as bubba healthy but it would be nice to have a boy!

Am 16+3 and have my mw appt who said I am measuring big! about two weeks bigger! hopefully it will sort it self out as visions of a 10lb baby are making me feel faint!

Kernow: you must be so excited about the scan! I can't wait for mine and I have another month! I did see a post about the baby kicking and am so pleased for you, I haven't felt nything yet but I think I will inthe next week or so

Tilty: my very first pg they wouldn't tell us the sex, as it was a bigg hoohar about certain religions only wanting boys so it didn't matter - I guess like you say it takes the decision out of your hands!

good luck for your booking in appt - it makes it all the more real!

LadyT: I guess its up to you whether to test or not, depends how much a bfn would upset you, if it really would maybe wait, if you're not that fussed test away hun!

Jen x
  • new thread image yay.

good lcuk with your 20 weeks scan kernow image and yay for the belly rave image

sooo tility, its friday! how did u get on with ur app? xxx

jen, glad ur ok, hope u dont have a 10lb baby! haha im sure u wot tho x

ladyt, im guessing no updates from u? u poor thing, i would be pullin my hair out!?

as for me, im ok, got my doc app on mon for an internal examination ew and ouch! and then bloods on tues.

also i think i may of ovd early this month? my last cycle was 40 days, so i didnt start ov testing, then on cd12 i got a little ewcm and also cd13 thicker ewcm. (not much mind u, i never normally get it) any way bd'd cd11,13,16. did ov test cd14 and was neg. im regretting not starting to ov test earlier now, as i think i may of ovd cd 13? what do u lot think? should i keep ov testing? im confused!? xxxxx

• Ooo Jen - a 10lb baby - ouch!!

Mrsme - I'm not really the great expert on ov testing as I've only tried it on a couple of occasions. My inclination though would be to stop testing - if you did ov on CD13 then you've probably got it covered (BD wise I mean!). You know your body best and I'm sure if you think you ovulated on cd13 then you probably did. Bit more BDing over the weekend might put your mind at rest though just in case it was a bit later image I think Kernow and Tilty used ov kits a bit more so their advice will be much better than mine though...
    When's Rome BTW? If its not for a week or so I've got a Rough Guide to Italy I can post to you if you email me your address - we found the maps invaluable in Florence.

Flo still hasn't appeared and I really don't feel like she's gonna - no symptoms at all - just normal me. Called the nurse at my practice yesterday for some advise and she suggested testing again today with fmu (which I haven't done as I got up to pee twice in the night so didn't need to go this morning - he he) and then make an appointment for a blood hcg in a week. At least its a plan of some sort.

Good luck for your tests mrs me. Tilty - hope all went well at your appt today,

Txx

• hiya, thanks ladyt image going on weds sp mpt sure if it would get here on time? thanks for the offer tho image bless you image xxx and yeah im undecided about the ov tests, tbh the first few months of ttc i was mad on bding at the right time round ov etc etc, and tbh now, ive just lost my mojo, and im not as uptight about ttc which i suppose is good. so maye it would help not to ov test and just bd every other day? may have a better chance that way? i dunno. its all a bit too much really. so im in two minds xxxx
  • o sorry imissed that bit ladyt! thats great news! good luck testing! and fingers crossed xxx

susiee, ive never understood temping, how do u do it? do u buy a machine? does ur temp go high b4 ov then? xxx

i have a wedding to go to on sat so that will be nice image the pla is to get drunk and fall pg, seems to work for the other 90% of the population lol x
  • oooooooooo bit of news, just went to the loo and more ewcm, and high and soft cervix! eeeek im excited! neg opk today, but that was this morning, so now i have high cervix (thanks tilty) hopefully i will get a image 2moro? xxxx
  • Hi all,

I had my midwife appointment yesterday! It went really well. I got asked loads of questions about medical history and gave blood samples for various tests. I also got given *loads* of information, about everything from scans to using real nappies. I also got a Bounty pack with lots more info in and a voucher for another one with samples etc. - have you other pregnant ladies got one of these?

It did make it all feel a bit more real, although I'm still trying to keep my feel on the ground as I'm only 7+4 still. I wouldn't say I'm worrying as such, just trying not to get my hopes too high (while still being positive) if you know what I mean?

Kernow, nice that you're planning a surprise about the sex too! I think that moment of being told ???????it's a ......??????? will be amazing. Jen, keep us posted when you find out the sex (if you are happy to share of course!)

Jen, hopefully your measurements will settle down again - the very thought of a 10lb baby is making my eyes water!

Mrs*me* I hope your doctors appointments go well next week. Try not to worry about the internal - if they are able to give you some answers / reassurance it will be worth it. If you have a high, soft cervix and EWCM today it definitely sounds like you are fertile at the moment and will be ov-ing soon. If you are using cheapy OPKs and have enough of them I would even be tempted to do them twice a day for the next few days just to make sure if there is a surge you catch it. Good luck and get BD-ing! image

LadyT it sounds like your nurse is being helpful at least. I hope your blood tests give you an answer one way or another. If you have skipped a month, do you know roughly how soon your next AF would be due?

Susiee, I'm glad you're getting close to the end of the first trimester. It's such an anxious time isn't it? I'm counting the days, which I feel bad about doing (just wishing time away!) but I can't seem to help it. I'm really looking forward to getting to September, which will be the same month as my 12 week scan image

I'm just having a quiet weekend as I've been feeling pretty tired and sick - I'm not moaning though as it is reassuring to reel so rough! I'll probably just phone some friends and family and put my feel up with a good book. I hope everyone else has fun! xx

• Hey,

It's been very quiet on here lately! Hope that's because everyone is having a great weekend!

Tilty - glad your mw appt went well, it's so exciting isn't it? Yes I did get a bounty pack and you'll get another one at your 12 week scan - have you got a date through for that yet? Wow 7 +4 already! Time really is flying!
    I have my 20 week scan tomorrow so a little nervous about that, just hope everything is ok with little one. It's weird that the next time I see him/her will be when it's born! Scary!

Mrs*me* - good news about the ewcm, hope you've got some bd'ing in!

LadyT - any news either way from you?

Hope everyone else is ok xx
  • Just wanted to wish you well in your scan tomorrow Kernow xxx hope all goes well and that you come on here and lets us know!

Jen x
  • Hi girls

Just wanted to say good luck with your scan tomorrow Kernow. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Jen when is your next one?

Hope everyone is else is well.

V xxx
  • Morning all
    Hey Ladybird, nice to hear from you again - hope you are well?

Good luck with the scan tomorrow Kernow, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Mrsme - hope you managed to get lots of BDing in over the weekendimage

I hurt my foot yesterday and can't walk on it properly today. Not sure what I did - just stood up wrong I think but I'm hobbling like an old woman today! I still haven't started so fully intend to get a blood test later this week. I'd be due for my next period on Friday but nothing is changing cycle wise - keep checking CM and its the same every day which is weird.

We shall see,
    Tx
  • Morning,
    Thanks for the good luck messages, weirdly I'm more nervous about this one than I was about the 12 week one! I will let you all know how it goes this afternoon.

Ladybird - lovely to hear from you and hope you are well xx

LadyT - oh no! Your poor foot! I'm sorry you're still in limbo, it must be really irritating and frustrating to not know what is going on. I hope this cycle is more normal for you so you can get back to the important task of baby making!

xx
  • tilty, glad ur ding well, and great news about ur midwife app image

my cervix have been soft and high since fri, and still are? no ewcm anymore.... so im confused? no image on opk and been using cbd ov tests? so im double confused! thinking, i may of ov'd cd13 (b4 i started ov testing) and if my cervix are high and soft (now on cd20) i may be pg? but not getting my hopes up, coz i could also be oving? just wondered really how long cervix are high and soft b4 ov?

got lots of bd in image so thats good, so either way should have it covered and still ov testing.

kernow, i think everyoine has been quite quiet on be lately? not sure why. i think a mixture of lots of bfps so some people have cleared out into the DI... and most people on here seem quite down atm. not much pma about image so maybe people r having a break? and good luck with ur scan today image

jen, hjow r u feeling? r u getting nervous about anything? anything ur looking forward to most? any names in mind?

ladybird! how r u doing!? weve missed u! just to let u no, omg i tried the cambridge diet! it was soooo hard~! done it for 3 days and gave up! hahaha i have NO will power!

ladyt, how r u? no news im guessing image yes got lots of bd in thanks, still no image opk tho. when was the last time u tested? and get well soon T's foot! x
  • awww wow! celeb horses susieee! lol. how cool! awww look at ur little bean in ur pic! how sweet! thanks, so is fertility friend a website or something?
  • I'm fine thanks mrsme - I tested last on Saturday morning and it was a BFN so I'm not going to waste my pennies on any more hpt tests!! I'm just very keen to get to the doctors to have a blood test to confirm once and for all whether I'm pregnant or not. There are sooo many stories online of people who don't get positive hpts but are pregnant that I can't ignore the possibility that I might also be going the non-traditional route. Whilst I don't 'feel' pregnant per-se, I have had some signs as you know - brown spotting a week before my period was due, a missed period (going on 2 missed periods), incredible tiredness/muscle fatigue around 3-4 weeks ago, cramping, my cervix has also started to rise without any EWCM, and I've had (tmi sorry) thickish white discharge for about 3 weeks. I'm not getting my hopes up of course, but there is no way I'm letting a doctor give me anything to bring on a period like provera until I know for sure that there isn't a little bean lurking in there!! Anyway, I won't know anytime soon as I imagine I will have to wait until next week for the results. I think I'll be upset by a negative blood test but more because I'll have to face up to 2 missed periods for no reasons (eek - that is a bit worrying).

I did buy myself a lovely mulberry bag at the weekend as a much deserved treat though which really did make me feel better image

Txx