Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pains during OV is this normal

Hi

Could you help me, I am ovulating at the moment, I have pains in my low tummy, when I say pain I mean fairly bad aching pain's. Is this normal?

Also is it 72 hours sperm can survive for?

How long do our eggs live for I have been working on the every other day sex thing, but we did this last month and nothing. I am defiantly ov as I have done a test, I am worried there is something wrong with me???

Confused please help X

Replies

• hi a1
    am in the same boat as u hun,am on day 16 of 26 day cycle and have awful tummy and backache .i always get pmt just not quite this strong this early.lts hope we get good news xx
  • Hi A1
    I think that it is quite normal to get pains during ov. I read somewhere that they can last anything from couple of hours to a few days. Try not to worry.
    Sperm can live up to three days and very occasionally a bit longer (I think).
    Eggs are only 24hrs. Makes you wonder how anyone ever manages to get pergnant, doesn't it??? I'm sure if you are having sex every other day, it'll happen at soon. People keep telling me the average time to fall pregnant is 12 months. so again try not to worry.
    Have you been using opk to detect ov?? If so, just wondering how you got on with them. Let us know how you get on. xxx
  • Thanks for the advice,

Shrewpin, not sure what opk means??? I have bought some cheap ov tests from ebay, I have heard bad things about them but they have given me a positive ov result at the same time as I have got the ov pains so I think they are accurate...

You spend all that time trying not to get pregnent then when you want to it doesn't happen.

[Modified by: A1 on June 18, 2007 10:41 PM]
  • i always have OV pains, i can even tell which ovary is ovulating (coz of the side the pain is on).! spooky eh?
  • Very strange CathyG, But helpful too. Before we started ttc I used to get a pain at the same kind of time every month. I did think this was ov, but since ttc I haven't really noticed it. Too busy checking mucus I guess. (lol) xxx
  • Yes I can tell which side its on to.
    Least I'm not wierd Xx
  • hi im also having ov pains day 10/26. only began noticing them after mmc and erpc 2 months ago!!
    hopefully we all be lucky soon
    love becs x
  • I get pain in one side low down when I ovulate. Sometimes it's quite bad like severe period pain. Think it's quite common. xxx