Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Help??? 5mths after pill and poss No Ovulation

Hi

Ive just been to the docs cos Im currently on day 36 of my cycle with no sign of anything...

Anyways (i kinda wish I hadnt gone!) she said that it may be that my hormones are all out of whack cos I was on the pill for 15 years and that i may not be OVing ... so she wants to do 21 day blood tests once AF comes..

Its only been 5 months and my cycles started off 28 days for 3 months, last month was a 35 day one and this month god knows!

Anyway what happens if Im not OVing?
If I start charting at the beginning of my next AF will this show me better? cos she did say that if I OV late then it may not show on 21 days...

Replies

• hi pinky,i had those tests a few years ago.had 2 get them for 3 months.the result was that i dont ovulate every month,but she said this is very common and not 2 worry!!! i think if you're not ov at all they can give you something 2 kick start your ovaries.think its called clomid??
    if i was you,i would keep charting,then you will have all the info you need when you go back 2 docs.
    dont worry about what she said about ov being late and not showing up.this is why they do it over 3 months.and by the way,when i was waiting for my results of the 3rd month,i found out i was pregnant!!
    good luck,love Gayle xx