Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Af after mmc?

join the club, i've got 4 wks to go but i know ti's gonna feel more like 14. i really don't know what to suggest, buying baby things sure is a good start though i love doing that, i just wish i could every day, have fun and spend loads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• oo00oo i have this to look forward to image I've gotta move in the later stages of pregnancy, live in a private 1 bedroom small falt (not appropriate for a baby. hopefully the coiuncil can house us as we only have till march left on the contract and i'm due in june and really don't want to live in a hostel with a bump and then a newborn image let us know how the move goes image good luck image
  • Hi girls, I'm after some avice.

Had a mmc in December, and went in for erpc on 27th December. Was told to expect af around 4 to 6 weeks later.
    Just started today with small amount of bleeding, 35 days after erpc. (red when I wipe, but brown on panty liner, sorry tmi) There is not much though, so do I count this as cycle day 1?
    Before mmc my cycle was between 33/34 days and I always had about 3/4 days of brown blood before real af started along with cramps and heavier bleeding.
    It is different this time, so I'm totally confused as to whether this is day 1 or whether day 1 is when the bleeding gets heavier.
    Is there anyone who has been through this or can offer me any advice. I'm so desperate to start ttc again and don't want to get dates mixed up. I'm sure you all understand.
    Thank you xxx
  • Hey hun, i had a natural mc in dec ont he 17th...and my af arrived on saturday....i did not have much bleeding, sometimes red and sometimes brown and only needed a panty liner the whole time...id say count this as day 1...hope this helps hun xxxx
  • Hi woomummy, thanks for replying

I guess I really didn't know what to expect when first af eventually arrived. For once I'm glad it's here, at least it means that my boby is starting to get back to normal. Although this af isn't the same as before my mc, i'm sure that things will soon get back to how they were before, but to be honest I'm quite happy not to have the several days of brown discharge before af arrives as it's such an inconvenience! I do hope that this af is fairly light and with no pain, I have heard that some people have a really painful/heavy af after mc.

So how are you after you mc? I take it you are ttc again. You must keep me updated on how things are going for you. It is good to chat with someone who has been through a similar experience and at nearly the same time.
    hope you are well. xxx
  • Hi ladies

I found out I'd had an mmc on 31st December then had an labour inducted MC on 4th January so I'm in the same boat.. TTC again.

Anyway, I had treatment to help me fall and my fertility doc (as I call him) told me that Day 1 of your cycle is the first 'full day of bleeding. So if it's started when you get up in the morning - it's day 1. If it starts later in the day, the following day will be day1.

When I was in hospital the nurse advised me that my next period could be heavier or lighter than normal.

Hope this helps, fingers crossed for you both

I'm speaking to my doc on Saturday so if he gives me any information I think may help us all I'll let you know - he's fab!!

Donna xx
  • hey shrewpin,sorry i dont have any advice on the subject.just wanted to say hello and wish you lots of luck.hopefully this is a sign of your body getting back to normal hun.take care,Gayle xxxxx
  • hi shrewpin same as gayle just saying hello and good luck hope everything works out for you sending babydust leighxxx
  • Thanks for all your kind words and advice girls.
    Donna, it would be great if you could pass on any info your fertility doc gives you, that would be very much appreciated. Lots of luck to you all. xxx