Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

For all the symptom spotters - let's share!

Replies

• OMG ladies, i just stumbled across this thread, hubby and i are ttc for first time this month, i have some of the symptoms you are describing- small amount of brown watery discharge and AF pains yesterday, even though AF not due til 6th June. Is it poss that these are PG symptoms? How soon can i test? V excited, but know i'm probably setting myself up for a fall.xx
  • Hi Geekie!
    They can be both pregnancy and AF symptoms - mother nature does not make it easy for us! I am due on the 5th so will prob test on the 3rd. you'd be best to hold off until at least the 4th.
    Good luck with ttc - lets hope this is a lucky thread! xx
  • Slap my wrists girls, I was naughty and did a test today. It was a BFN. AF not due til Tues, so possibly too early, possibly not. The odd tummy cramp, but not persistant like AF cramps normally are, no PMT and none of the browny spotting I sometimes get. Will just have to wait and see now, will not test again until she's late - if she's late that is!
  • Loobylou77, i did exactly the same this morning, caved in and tested but got BFN. Not due until tues tho and used clear blue test who some rate as not very good for early testig. Have got a FR test and really wanna use it tomo.

Still randomly getting dark brown spotting and have done since CD19 which feels like AF spotting but i'm holding out hope as it started so early so fingers and toes crossed its implantation spotting.

How's everyone else going? Any other early testers?
  • I used clear blue too, are they not very sensitive? They do say you can test early with them on the packet. My brown spotting stopped a few days ago, and its just come back now, only very light but I tend to get that a few days before AF comes along. So I fear I may be out this month. I know its not definite yet, but can't help feel an little disappointed.
  • Ladies, I know I said I wasn't gonna test...

But my sisters having an 18th birthday party tomorrow and I want to know whether I can drink or not. I'm 11dpo so do you think I should test tomorrow at 12dpo?

Argh its too hard to resist!! But I'll kick myself if I could of had a drink. My sis has a bbq every year with all the friends and family and its always a good laugh. Plus you pair caved so its only fair I have a go lol... I'm trying to convince myself I should test here you see image

What you think ladies?
    Xx
  • Hands up I'm a hypocrite. I've been ranting on in previous months about the bad points of early testing, but under the circumstances I don't think a sneaky little poas would be too bad. Although at only 12 dpo if it is a bfn just remember if you have a skinful, you could in theory still be pg??!! Good luck and fingers crossed whatever you decide. x
  • I'm sat at the back slowly raising my hand to join in the "who poas today"!! I'm hanging my head in shame but just had to do it! Of course it was a bfn. Not sure whether I'm on 5th June or not - depends on the cycle length, my spotting stopped after 2 and a bit days. No symptoms now but have had a fair bit of cm and occasional runny nose?!
    Ah well, only been buying tesco own ones as they're 2 for under ??4 so hardly breaking the bank to fund a potential addiction.
    Xx
  • I'm due AF on the 1st/2nd and tested early yesterday - BFN... Not a shock but still a bit disappointing... I'm gonna try to hold out until Monday to test but I'm pretty sure I'll cave in tomorrow!!! :\)

Since Wednesday I feel like I could throw up at any time... BFF was over on Thursday and for the first time ever I couldn't wait for her to leave so I could wallow in self pity on the sofa!!!! (.)(.) are also still tender to the point I hate my car seat belt.... Please be a good sign!!!!!

How's your weekend ladies?
  • Yeah loubylou I thought that, and I probably won't drink even if I get bfn just in case. I think I'm lookin for excuses to test tbh. I know they say early testing is a boo boo but is 2 days really that bad?? Arghhhhhhhh!!

I'm feeling quite good this month, got similar symptoms to my last pg, sore nipples, lots of thick cm (tmi sorry), tiredness, dehydration and quite strong tummy pains since about 5dpo. I need to try and remain sane tho!

I'm having a stressful weekend tbh frillypink, moving house so I'm stressed. I'm trying to find excuses not to lift heavy boxes lol. Gotta find excuses for not drinking tomorrow aswel as my mom knows I'm not on antibiotics. I might go for the pretend to drink and act tipsy scenario image

I wanna know where DIF is???!!! Is there any way of alerting admin people?

How you guys doin?

Xx

• Hi ladies,

I'm now starting to think it was all in my head.

I'm still really tired, but haven't slept properly the last couple of nights, which would also explain the headache and sicky feeling. i was still getting af type cramps yesterday but now thik its just normal cycle stuff. Sill got everything crossed though, but keep saying to myself its only our first month ttc to try and keep any disappointment away.

Saying that, not sure how i'm going to hold out until the 8th June....

Good luck and babydust to everyone!

xxxxx.
  • Hi girls,
    I also have early tested after saying i wouldn't and bfn. I've used 4 of them free pregnancy test i had online but not used fmu, so maybe still a chance?

My period is usually between 29 and 35 days, now on day 34. Convinced i was out end of last week had major bloating and back pain but much not since. Now have bit of tingling in boobs, feel like i have bit of a water infection starting and a few cramps.I'm going to do another test on the 1st if af don't show.
    Sorry for long post was determined not to symptom spot this month and have fitted 2 weeks worth into one morning.

Good luck everyone x
  • This thread is so good, it's so nice reading everyones posts this morning. As you know i caved yesterday and tested and BFN bought some FR tests and poas again this morning and another BFN, guess that's me well and truly out, I'm gutted!! Although there's a little voice in my head saying i'm not totally out until AF turns up but i know that's clutching at straws.

Loving the excuses for testing early Lady 2188, hehe.

Loubyloo, again could have written your post myself. Fingers crossed for us both

• I only discovered the joys of symptom spotting yesterday (thanks to this thread) and now i can't stop. I still have some spotting but now it is quite red, no more AF pains though and my gums bled last night when i cleaned my teeth - think i read someone else had said that. I don't want to mention any of this to hubby as he will get his hopes waaaayyyy too high so i feel i'm going a little bit mad - thank goodness for this forum! I'm dying to test but am going to try to be good until the end of the week. Hope everyone's ok and lots of luck to those of you waiting to test xxx
  • Well ladies, I resisted!

Still got cramps and my nipples are so sore! They even stung when I spray tanned them this morning!!

I might have to test tomorrow cus OH away till Friday evening after tomorrow! 1 day early isn't that bad is it? So much for waiting till 6 weeks... hehe!

Anyone else testing tomorrow?
    Xx
  • hi lady2188, i am possibly testing tomorrow, but i will be 4 day early!!!! SOO naughty! but i just gotta do it. i know it will be BFN, but i have to fulfill my obsession!!!
    i have got major tummy cramps and tonnes of CM, started off watery and almost EWCM'y, but not very creamy. also very moody (not usually like this before AF) and feel dizzy.
    fingers crossed for us both tomorrow, and naughty me for testing 4 days early!!!! xxx
  • I agree with you Wispa, this is a lovely thread and all the responses are lovely, so nice that we can express ourselves on here without bombarding the OH's. Lady2188 a day early really won't hurt.
    I went to see my mum today and she bought a cb test and promptly told me to poas - she's so excited bless her, it was a bfn and I think AF will rear her ugly head tomorrow. But if it does I'm not worried, the right baby hasn't been matched to me just yet, maybe next month.
    How are we all today? xx
  • That sounds very positive wildthing. Fingers crossed AF doesn't turn up for you tomo. As you know I'm expecting AF tomo or tues but until then i can't help hoping for it not to turn up even tho i've had 3 BFNs already!!! It's nice your mum is so supportive, bless her. Is this your first ttc?
  • It's not over til she shows her ugly head! Keeping my fingers crossed for you Hun, what tests have you used? I'm not actually due on til about the 5th but not sure of cycle length as they've got shorter each month, last month was 29 days (one before was 35).
    I've used tesco and cb. No not my first, my daughter is 9. How about you? xx
  • This will be our first and only our first month ttc and already sending myself crazy. I'm just auch a planner and organiser in life normally and this is something that is so out of your control! I've used clearblue and then first response and both clear BFNs, grr. Think i can feel AF cramps tonight but trying to ignore them.
    How long you been ttc for? xx