Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Difference btw PMS and Early Pregnancy

I saw this as I get confused whenever Aunt Flo is late (I'm a bit dippy at times) and here's what I found

Difference Between Pregnancy and PMS Symptoms
Since symptoms of PMS and early pregnancy are similar, it is important to listen to one's body. Several indicators determine the source. There are definite differences and enhancements, but for the most part, early pregnancy will resemble PMS. Below are facts that help to decipher the two conditions.
PMS
1. PMS is a cluster of symptoms that occur one to two weeks before a woman's monthly period. A majority of these symptoms parallel with early signs of pregnancy .
Symptoms
2. Aches and pains related to PMS and early signs of pregnancy are headache, backache and stomach cramps. Shared symptoms also include irritability, mood swings and fatigue.
Exhaustion
3. In early pregnancy, the fatigue is unfamiliar and uncontrollable. Rest requirements are much more intense than fatigue associated with PMS.
Breast Tenderness
4. Breasts are tender a week before menstruation. In early pregnancy, the pain is far more intense, and reports of throbbing and inability to get comfortable are common.
Nausea
5. PMS is rarely said to cause nausea. Morning sickness due to pregnancy occurs two to eight weeks after conception and can happen before a missed period.
Missed Period
6. Menstrual cycles can often fluctuate, but a missed period paired with extremely tender breasts, fatigue and nausea are signs of early pregnancy.
Pregnancy Tests
7. During the early weeks of pregnancy, test results are negative. Purchase a higher quality pregnancy test or get a blood test administered by a doctor.

Here's the link http://www.ehow.com/facts_4744830_difference-between-pregnancy-pms-symptoms.html