Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

ovulation 'sticks' or 'strips' ?

hi all,

i've been lurking for a while but now i've finally come off the pill (YAY) i thought i'd join in :\)

basically, i've been looking on ebay for ovulation sticks and the 'strips' are coming up much cheaper. has anybody used these? are they the same and as effective? i'd rather get these if they work as they're much cheaper than the sticks and i will probably need to be using them a lot while i try to understand my cycle.

thanks XX

Replies

• Hi londonfields

Welcome! Yeah the strips are what alot of the girls are referring to when they say ovulation sticks.... most of the ebay cheapies tend to be strips that you have dip into a urine sample - rather than peeing on a stick. I use the strips and they work for me. good luck! xx
  • thanks broody - i'll go and order some now...
    good luck to you too!
    XX
  • How do you know when to test to see if your ovulating if your periods are REALLY irrregular...my last few cycles have been like this...5 days, 25 days, 9, days, 14 days, 23 days!!having been ttc for almost 6 months now, my husband has ordered some sticks for me to wee on but i dont want to waste a load if i cud work out roughly when to give them a go?....any help would be muchh appreciated image thankyou for reading x
  • Hiya, usually you ovulate 14days after af so try then h28.

I used the tescos strips n I found it really hard to tell if it was a definite positive or a high, I thought I was ovulating n 8days later I was still getting positives (which i wasn't ). I then used the cb tests n they were much easier n they said I wasn't actually ovulating, I got some from morrisons n they were only 3.17 wasn't sure if they were on offer but I would definitely gave a look.

Good luck everyone x
  • Ah thankyou very much leanne27, i guess when i have cycle of 5, 9 or 14 days im probably not ovulating then as the gap is too short...good to know tho as last cycle was longer so hopefully this one will be too...my husband bought some tests from amazon for me which havent arrived yet but when they do i'll let you know how i get on with those x
  • Hi h28 have you thought about seeing your GP if you have short cycles like that?  They may be able to suggest something to increase them because the LH phase needs to be 10-14days and anything less may be not as easy for eggy to implant xx