Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hay fever

my hayfever has just started to kick in and im feeling pretty rough,
is it worth taking anything while ttc, i know you cant when pg but i dont know what to do about now?
does anyone know anything you can take safely while ttc and maybe when pg?????:\?:\?:\?

love leigh

Replies

• Hi it's me again!! Have a chat with your doctor or pharmicist because they don't advise you take anything while pg but I had really bad hayfever when I was pg before and they ended up prescribing me stuff because it had become unbearable. Touch wood nothing for me yet and I'm usually sneezing and rubbing my eyes as soon as the sun comes out!! They'll probably say for you to take it until you know your pg, it's a nightmare when your trying your scared to drink, have your hair dyed just in case there's something going on. Good luck if you get any good advise for safe hayfever remedies let me know...Lisa xxx
  • Nasal sprays and eye drops are fine in pregnancy, it doesn't take it all away, but helps ease it!
  • hi, when i was ttc i didn't take anything then the following year i was preg so again couldn't take anything and last year i was breast feeding so again i couldn't take anything. each year my symptoms got less severe. i would suggest if you can grin and bare it it is worth it in the long run. had no symptoms so far and thats saying something as i'm usually the first to start! the other option is to go to your docs and there is a hayfever injection but it's only available privately, i can't remember if it's ??20, ??50 or ??70 (bit of a difference i know!) but it lasts all year. i've had it once in UK and 3 times in France. parents have a non-working farm out in the middle of a strong farming community, my holidays used to be hell cos i would suffer so much. (had no problem last summer as my body has built up antibodies to grass and tree pollon now) it wasn't until the local farmer took me to doctors to get the hayfever jab that i actually enjoyed my summers out there. apparently it's routinely used out in france but it's little known about here. you have to way up the costs ??70 sounds loads but how much are you going to spend on tablets and drops. good luck. xx