Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Cyber Hugs - Part Deux - Anyone welcome

Replies

• The witch got me yesterday image

We both woke up late and knew we had lots to do so DH was gonna head into town when I said I really should come with him and buy a test as we were going out later... leapt out of bed went to the loo and.. evil witch appeared!

Didn't go to the party as my friends' sister was going to be there with her lo too, made an excuse and got out of it.

Went out for drinkies and had a lovely time, no talk of babies or ttc. When we got home DH told me he was really excited when he thought we were heading into town for a pregnancy test- sweet!

Amber, sorry to hear you're having such a crap time!!***Cyber hugs*** Could it have been an implant bleed ?

Lizzy, sent DH for food and lots of chocolate!! Am also on a go slow, in no state to face the world!!

Curls, my af has arrived with lots of cramps too-boo!! Don't feel bad as Lizzy said it's perfectly normal to feel the way you do as you've been through so much. I'm sure your best friend understands!!

Cyber love and hugs
    Lolly x x

• Just a quickie girls...sounds like we're gonna need this thread this month!! Sorry to hear you're all feeling pants too!!!
    My friend jad a little boy this afternoon, am dying to meet him but it hurts so much image
    Thanks for all the cyber hugs...right back at ya xx
  • Sending hugs your way Curls......from an old friend (((((((image))))))
    x

ps, don't know if this will make you feel better...I found out yesterday that the daughter of my m&d's next door neighbout was pg yesterday - after FIVE years of trying.
    She's a school year older than me (grew up together, although wouldn't say she was a friend), and has three younger sisters who have all had babies as teenagers or mistakes.
    Anyway, she's been having IVF the lot, and had just about given up....but she's now 12 wks and it happened completely naturally.
    I don't know if that makes you feel better, I guess I just wanted to say it can sometimes happen even when you give up hope, so keep up your spirits.
    Lots of love,
    Lou xx
  • Morning Everyone,
    I woke up at an ungodly hour this morning and couldnt go back to sleep!!! Why is it that when you can have a lie-in your body wont let you!!!

Curls, sending massive cyber hugs your way. I hope you are ok? When are you visiting your friend. Remember if you need to talk before or after you go (or anytime all really) you know where I am.

Lolly, sorry to hear that AF arrived. Good plan with the comfort food and chocolate, I find it always helps!!!!

Amber how are you? Any of sign of AF or has she stayed away after the other day?

Loobylou,thanks for sharing your experience with us. It does help to know that it can happen when people have lost hope, I think its just hard to take a step back and see that sometimes. Hope you are well.

I had a dream last night that I was pg, it was a very vivid dream. Hubby and I were in some sort of school for some reason and I was very heavily pg but wasnt that far along as we hadnt had a scan yet. In the dream we decided to do scan the ourselves as we wanted to know that the baby was ok so we used a scanner that looked like one from a supermarket(!!!!!) and we scanned my tummy and there was a perfect picture of a baby boy (rather large) . OH was over the moon but we were scared to tell anyone as we didnt want to jinx things!!! How bizarre. I woke up feeling so content and then I realised it had been a dream image. Dont you just hate it when that happens!!!

Lots of love and enjoy the bank hol everyone

Lizzy xx
  • Hi girls...

Sorry about my short miserable posts over the last couple of days...just been extremely emotional & sometimes its just easier to quickly vent onto you guys image You're like my emotional crutch & I am very lucky to have you!!!!

So AF arrived yesterday with a vengeance...somewhat different to usual & I'm not sure why...Getting really weird pains, its heavy & a little clotty (TMI again, I'm sorry girls) It was like this last month as well.

Onto month 15 for me...think I'm going to go back to the doctors this month...with the weird periods & I've been having odd pains in my 2ww, its worth going to ask I suppose. Think I'll get sent away until next year like they said before, but I can but try. The stress is driving me mad, especially now my friend has had her baby, I just cannot get away from them...both my closet friends have little ones.

Going to see my new little nephew this afternoon...I am so looking foward to meeting the little monkey but I know its gonna hurt soooo much, especially cos its so close to AF image

How's everyone else? Sorry if I repeat myself in any of this post, but just feel like catching up with everyone...

Lizzy - Thank you so much for being there for me...you're fab!!! I'm feeling a little better today, but having the occasional lapse in emotions. My OH is at work so I'm home alone, feeling crap which doesn't help. Bless your mum going with you to see the new baby, you do right taking some moral support! image I dont talk much to my mum about this stuff...she does know, but I dont & I should...she gave me a big hug when I left her yesterday cos she knew how I would have felt.
    Bless ya on the whole dream thing, thats sucks image very cruel of your brain to do that image

Amber - Thanks for the hugs Amber, much appreciated!! How's things with you? Are you anymore the wiser on your cycle? How's your dog? I think I'm going to try & be good this week, going to try & cut out as much alcohol as I can, but going on my hols next week so not sure it'll be easy image I'm happy with the intros, I'm always a bit wary as I'm not sure whose on here...don't think there'll be anyone I know, however, I'm sure if there was, they'd be distreet about it image

Lolly - Sorry to hear AF got you!!! You do right getting out of the party, sometimes you just need some time to yourselves, just wishing I could do it more often. Glad you had some alone time with your OH, its nice to get away from it all image

Loobylou - Thanks for dropping by to check up on meimage I miss you guys...not heard from MrsCake for ages either, I hope she's OK...I know that its not over & thanks for the story, I just cant stop thinking about, what if, what if it never happens & I never get to feel *that*, be a mum...I want it soo much image I know I need to snap out of it but its just all encompassing image I know I'll be fine & we'll get there in the end, I just need to increase my PMA! image

Thanks again for being there girls...
    Lots of Love Curls xxxx
  • Afternoon girls!

We're not too good atm on here are we?!!

Lizzy, that dream must have been awful for you, you must be worried about it all and subconisience is trying to make sense of it?

Lolly, thats a nice story it does give us hope, hope you had a lovely day at home yesdy!

Curls, don't apologise its what we're here for!! I hope this aft goes well for you, it might be better than you think. Good idea to go docs, they may refer you now as its been a while? My dog is fine! thanks for asking!!

Well, I'm still as confused as ever!! AF didn't arrive on sat, I had red spots first thing then nothing, also had some brown spotting yesdy and today. So I've had 4 days of spotting, I don't know if this is too long for an IB but am clinging on to hope thats its possible atm. Got some good symptoms, feeling sick in morning, no appetite (not like me!!) and mouth is really watery with excess saliva which I had with my first preg, so here's hoping!!!

Lets do the intros!!!

Ok, me first! I'm 28, DH is 29, we've been married for 2 years and live in East Mids. I'm a civil servant working on a project for adults with learning disabilities. My furry baby is a little white shih tzu who I love and spolit to bits!! We are ttc our first, I came off pill last Oct and fell on 2nd month but sadly mmc in April. We're now on 3rd cycle of trying again. Me, I love champagne cocktails, baking cakes, french connection, holidays and reading a good book!! I don't like rain, monday mornings, ironing, dogs not on leads and rudeness!

Now your turns... feel free to share as much or as little as you like! xx

• Looks like we all need lots of hugs right now!!

So, am gonna do my intro, take my mind off evil af and going back to work on Weds.

I am 31 and DH 34, we got married in las Vegas July 2009 and are ttc our first. I came off the pill in December just to get af back on track, as only ever had 1 proper af whilst on the pill, it took eight weeks to get my first af-was relieved as had heard it can take months to get cycle sorted.
    I am an educational interpreter (in Brtish Sign Language)DH is a civil servant. I love fine food (dining out on it and attempting to cook it- DH is much better though!) travelling, going to see stand up comedy and meeting up with my friends. We live in West Yorks.
    Can't think of anything else to add.

***(((Hugs)))***

Lolly x x

[Modified by: lollym-p79 on August 30, 2010 08:42 PM]

• Hiya,

Curls, I agree that a trip for the doctors may be called for this month as they may be able to do some tests and give you some answers. As youve been trying for over a year they should make a referral to your fertility clinic so dont let them fob you off honey. I get som clotting at the beginning of my AF and this is a recent thing for me too. I have been told not to worry about it and that its normal but it is easy to worry about changes in youor cycles and AF's when you are monitoring everything so closely for ttc and the lsightest change can affect your chances it seems.

I hope your visit to see your nephew went ok and that you are alright afterwards. Is hubby home now to look after you? You should talk to your mum more if you can,mine has been fab and has given me loads of support.

I hope you start to feel a bit better but please dont feel you have to put on a brave face with us chicken. We all know exactly how you feel and will always be here for you. I dont think anyone can prepare for you for the emotional rollercoaster that is ttc and its difficult for people to understand that havent been thorugh it or have got pg quickly/by accident.

Amber, I agree, that dream must of been my minds was of dealing with things that are happening at the moment. Not nice though. I am hoping that your AF's short appearance was infact IB, I have read a few womens stories on here and they have had some bleeding and spotting before AF and then gone on to get their BFP a few days later so fingers crossed. it would also be about the same time as implantation wouldnt it as you are know 8dpo the same as me??? Would be sad to see you go but hoping you get your bfp!!!

Lolly how are you? Hope you having a good bank hol?

Ok, here's my intro. Im 30 (and a half) and OH is 35 (36 in Dec) , we have been married for 1 year and nearly 4 months and we live in South Wales with our Labrador Henry (who is spoilt rotten) and two cats.
    I am a social wor assistant for adults with learning disabilities. We have been ttc our first since getting married. I came off the pill 3 months before our wedding and have not had a sniff of a bfp the whole time we have ttc. As you all know I am under going tests at the moment and have two ovarian cysts, possible endo and or pcos.
    I lovewine and cocktails cooking and baking cakes, walking with OH and dog, holidays, films, upholstery and craft and reading a good rom com. I hate Monday mornings, pg women!!!! only joking!!!, spiders and dishonesty.

Hope you are all ok.

Big hugs to you all

xxxxxx
  • Hey, it's lovely to get to know you all a bit better and seems we're all quite similar!!

Lolly, what a fab job!! I've done BSL level 1 and sometimes use it for work, would like to do level 2 if work would sponsor me but can't really afford to do off my own back. That must have been wkd to get married in vegas, did you plan it or spontaneous?

West Yorks and indeed South Wales are lovely parts of the country!!

Lizzy, how cool that we both work with PWLD! Do you enjoy it? Must be hard to be a social worker sometimes? I've been in my team for 4 years now and last month was seconded to work on participation and getting people involved in their local communities. And you're a baker too!! love it!!

Girls, I am so sure I am (can't say it and jinx myself!!)! Still slight spotting but almost stopped today, really strong symptoms, today dry mouth started and having waves of nausea, also really teary which started last thurs and have cried virtually every day since. Little worried about the bleeding but girls, I so hope I am!!!

I bought some FR tests today and also have some CBD in the cupboard, am tempted to test tmrw which will only be 9 dpo (counting day after 2nd peak as 1 dpo) but had spotting start at 4dpo so maybe am futher on than I realise? Do you think I should test tmrw as symptoms so strong or wait til Fri?? Ah so nervous!!

Lizzy, you're getting close now, any symptoms? How do you feel about it this month?

Thanks so much for listening, I know it can't be easy atm as we're all have such hard times.

Big hugs xxx
  • Hi Ladies,

How are we all today?

Amber, we are quite similar arent we? I also did BSL level 1, a few years ago now but I still use it occassionally for work. I did try level 2 but found it very hard so didnt do the 2nd term. I lurve baking, problem is I also enjoy eating too!!! Have you been watching the bake off programme?

Your symptoms sound very positive hun!!!! My AF is due Sun/Mon. No symptoms apart from the usual sore and swollen boobs, however i have been getting alot of creamy cm over the last few days and I have a very wet feeling (sorry tmi!!!). I hope I dony jink things by saying this but I have a strange feeling this month, like we've done it, but Im scared Im just setting myself up for a fall. I normally get some brown cm/spotting any day from 5dpo but havent got this yet however theres still time for it to arrive. I have been feeling a bit teary today, well, within the last hr but that could be pmt on its way.

Some people do get their bfps at 9dpo but it may be worth you waiting until Fri to avoid getting a bfn. However, as you said you may be further along in your cycle if the spotting started at 4dpo??

Lolly, How cool getting married in Vegas, OH and I would love to visit Vegas, did you enjoy it??? Did you have the whole vegas experience and get married in a little white chapel?

Curls, how are you today. Really hope you are ok afer your visit to your friends. When are you off on your hols? Where are you going?

Big hugs to everyone

Lizzy xxx

• Hello my fellow signers, hope you are all well!!

Amber, have you tested? image

Curls, how are you?

Am back at work tomorrow as had the last fortnight off, I work full time. Term time in school and school hols in the office so haven't had 6 weeks off, like the teachers, but been away from school for what seems like forever!! Am working mostly with year 5 and 6 Deaf students from next week.

I planned the wedding there after finding the venues I liked here ridiculously expensive. We had been to Vegas and loved it, went to my friends 'White chapel' wedding there 2 years before and wanted to do something a little different so got married outside by a beautiful lake. Was gorgeous and soo hot!! Had our reception in a private room looking out on to the canal and gondolas, in the venetian. Could go on but wont bore you with any more details, plus I ought to go to bed as I need to get up early.

Love to you all

***Lolly***
  • Hi All,

Amber have you tested??!!!!

Curls how are you? Thinking of you.

Lolly, thanks for sharing your wedding details with us, sounds lovely. I love hearing about other peoples weddings.

I am off to visit my cousin and her new little daugther later, really dont want to go but figure if I go now and get it over and done with then I dont have to go again for a while (we're not close).

Lots of love
    Lizzy xxxx
  • Hi girls,

Sorry I've been awol for a few days but I've been having a minor meltdown...well maybe not minor! image

On Monday after I'd posted on here a number of things happened to me that made me spiral into what can only be described as a meltdown...My mother in law rang up to see how my best friend was & not meaning too, really upset me...started saying, it'd soon be my turn & nobody would be happier than her, blah, blah, blah (bearing in mind she knows where having trouble)
    I just quickly got her off the phone & just burst into tears...she didnt mean to do it, but I just knew she was dying to say something from the off image I was on my own cos OH was at work & I just felt soooo alone...everywhere I turned there was baby stuff, facebook, twitter, tv, friends image My head just nearly exploded with heachache, which I still have now image

I then had to pull myself together to go see my friend & her new born, which I did, only to be told I couldnt go, once I'd managed to get myself dressed & out of the house, so I just burst into tears again in the car...It just sucked...

Yesterday I was much better & we did end up visiting my friend & he is gorgeous, it hurts, but I realise I cant not go, I want to be part of their lives & I have to get over this or it'll just eat me up inside & I think my head might literally explode with the stress of it all...

Rang the doctors & I couldnt get into see a female doctor so I need to ring up tomorrow & try & get an appointment then but with a male doctor. See where we go from there!

Sorry for the long message but I just needed to let it all out! Thanks for being there for me guys image

Oh & I forgot to do my intro: I'm nearly 32 as is my OH (birthdays 10 days apart) & we have been married 4 years next week (hence the holiday) I am a Reporting Manager, which is just a glorfied way of saying I mess around with data & spreadsheets image I currently have no children or pets so there is just me & the OH. I love travelling & holidays (Its the only reason I work), I love rugby league - big fan, and & like watching tv & going out for lovely meals with friends & OH.

Amber - Sounds so promising, I so hope you get your BFP, we bloody deserve one, its been ages since the last one...I will miss you though if you do get one, but I hope you'd stay around...Did you test?? Remember though its still early image

Lolly - How was your 1st day back at work? Hope it wasnt too bad! You're wedding sounds like lots of fun. We might end up in Las Vegas next year for a holiday if nothing happens with TTC, my dad keeps tempting me with a San Fransico/Las Vegas holiday....just sometimes think about ditching it all & going travelling...get away from all the stress

Lizzy - How was the trip to see the little one, hope it was too bad & you felt as happy as I did when I was having a little cuddle...I know deep down it hurts, but just imagine...one day that'll be us image
    The doctors told me that because our bloods & sperm were OK we would have to wait 2 years before we would get a referral which will be next April (as we fibbed a little, added 3 months to our actual TTC dates) which sucks, but we'll see what they say...I am getting odd periods & pains, so we'll see if I can get a referral sooner, I hope so!
    I really should talk to my mum more & I'm going to make a bigger effort too as I know she'll understand!
    You still feeling different, this month? I really hope you have done it too...although if you & Amber go, what are me & Lolly gonna do...you'll all have to stick around image
    I'm going up to Scotland for my holidays on Monday...we've got a freebie stay at a posh hotel & spa with a champagne cruise on Loch Lomond on our wedding anniversary so I am going to have a full body massage & try & chill out....so excited about it image

Hope you are all OK
    Lots of Love
    Curls xxxx
  • Hello y'all!

How are you? I survived my first day back, was knackered and had a 2hour nap when I got in, husband woke me with dinner on the table- bless him!

Did you see Lucyah got a BFP? she was on the last cyber hugs thread so that's a **cyber hugs** BFP!!!! Yay!!! image

My friend at work told me she had a dream in which I was pregnant and she had the same dream about two ladies (prior to them getting their bfps) who are off on maternity with their beautiful babies- taking that as a good sign image

Curls- hope you are feeling better, sometimes people just don't think before they speak, or perhaps they do and they just don't care?! Well done for holding it together until you got off the phone. My sis-in -law is the same constantly dropping hints and saying things like "You don't/can't understand because you don't have kids" It drives me wild. Bless you for dragging yourself out to see your friend then being told you can't ****((((HUGS)))))**** I can't believe the docs wont do anything 'til you reach the 2yr mark of ttc!!! Loch Lomond is beautiful, I saw oasis there many moons ago (96 I think) you'll love it- am quite jealous!! x

Amber- Any news? xx

Lizzy- Did you go see the baby? It's hard isn't it, seemingly it's good to hold new babies as (according od wives' tale and my friend) it triggers the hormones which are good for ttc. Worth a try eh?! x

***(((Hugs and baby dust)))***

Lolly

• Morning All,

I have sneaked on here in work this morning as really need a big fat cyber hug. I visited my cousins' little one yesterday and apart from the fact that my Mum and Sis were trying to avoid me holding her (I think they thought it would make me upset) it went quite well. I left very jealous and more broody than ever (didnt think that was possible) but I was surprisingly ok (so I thought). Got home and about half an hour later I got really upset, tried to explain to OH but although he tries his best to understand he doesnt really and ends up upsetting me even more!!! To top things off I started spotting yesterday eve so my bfp has gone out of the window and Im onto month 17. I feel so so stupid for allowing myself to believe that we could be pregnant this month. I even told OH that this could be the month and I started praying for this to be our month!!! I am so scared that this will never happen for us and I really dont want to enter into the lottery that is IVF but it really looks like we might be heading that way. I am so so sad. Ive come into work with tears in my eyes and dont know how Im going to get through the day. I know this may sound a bit far fetched but I am having a mini meltdown (thought Id join you Curls!!!). Its so hard to find a balance between being negative and thinking 'we havent done it and there's no chance we're this month' (OH also thinks this can affect chances of getting pg) and thinking 'we may have done it and getting excited about the possibility only to set yourself up for a huge fall when your'e not. Im fed up of everyone else around me getting pg and having babies. I get upset and then console myself with the thought that I will be pg by the time they have their baby or this time next yeat we will have a baby and then the 9 months go by and the baby arrives and we still dont have any sign of getting pregnant. Sorry ladies I am aware that I am being very miserable and moaning on and on.

Amber any news?

Curls, your holiday sounds lovely and sounds like ti has come at the right time. I am sorry you have been feeling so low lately, but you are in good company and we have all been there (more than once for some of us) at some time or other. Big hugs to you. We're a right pair at the moment arent we. Wouldnt it be lovely if you got pg whilst away on your lovely romantic holiday!!!! I would love to go to Scotland.
    OH and I have often thought about packing everything up and going travelling to get away from all the stress. Not sure if we'd do it though.

Lolly, hope your colleagues dreams are a sign. Fingers crossed. At least we have a bfp in our thread. Hoping it brings the rest of us luck!!!!

Bye for now ladies

Lizzy xxx
  • Ah girls, am so sorry everything feels so crap, I wish I could just wave a magic wand and get us non negitiable sticky BFPs and happy healthy babies 9 months later!!

Instead for the mo, we'll just have to settle for Big Fat hugs!! I hope you have someone you love there to give you a proper one!

I feel the jealously too, almost everywhere I go. I just dropped a colleage home and her childminder was in the park next to her house with my colleagues kids, they both just ran to her for hugs and it brought me to tears, was the sweetest sight, I want that!!!

For now all we can do is cope, Curls you've said you can't not see your friend and we all have those people so we have to just get through it and hopefully the more we do it the better we'll cope.

BUT..... this is all temporary cos it will be our turn one day so so soon!! And it will, no ifs or buts!

Curls, how you feeling today? Did you get an appointment? I struggle with my mum too, She is my bestest friend but cannot really understand my despair over the mmc. I hope your mum gets it and it more sensitive in future.

Lolly, really hope the dream comes true this month!! I saw Lucyah's post, fab news seeing as she ov so late as well! So many BFPs on here this week! Your wedding sounds beautiful, how romantic!!

Lizzy, are you sure it's AF? Could it not be an IB? This is what you asked me too! I hope its not over for you yet this month! Did you get through work ok today? You'vre got the lap and dye soon so fingers tightly crossed that will be all it takes, plus you hear people on the ivf waiting lists that fall just when they've even up hope. Am so sorry I can't say much to comfort you, but you've served your ttc time so once you're are on all the lists for treatment etc you are one step closer to your BFP. You definitely deserve a lovely wkend, hope you can plan something with DH to make you feel better.

Well, I tested yesterday (9dpo) and BFN, maybe it was too early! I have every single pregnancy symptom in the book but I'm still spotting, just brown CM in the afternoons and this is 7 days now. I kinda wanna test again tmrw (11dpo) or maybe I should wait til sun?

Hope you are all ok today, huge big hugs and buckets of babydust! xxx

• Didn't want to read and run

Lizzy, so sorry you are feeling so crap!!! Sending you great big cuddly cyber ***(((hugs)))***

Amber, fingers crossed your next test will show a bfp.

Lolly x (((((((HUGS)))))) to all x
  • She's here!!

Af arrived this morning, oh yes!! Just shows symptoms don't mean a damn thing!! Had red bleeding late last night so knew she was on her way, had applied fake tan tho so couldn't cry!!

Feel ok today, just glad something has finally happened and can start again! First thing this morn I ordered new CBFM sticks and pre-seed!!

This will be the last month ttc before edd so gotta give it our best shot, really not sure about the pre-seed as never used anything like that but will give it a go!! Have any of yhou ever used it??

Concerned as it seems I have a 10 day LP with 7 days of spotting, but gonna self diagnose and go get some B6 today! Will see how it goes this month and then I will get myself to the docs.

DH and I are off work today and going to Warwick Castle so should have a lovely cultural day!! So glad it's fri and the wkend, it's been a hard old week!!

Hope all of you are well, have a fabulous wkend!! Love & hugs xxx

• Hey,

So sorry af got ya Amber, what a witch!! I have heard only good things about preseed am thinking of getting some if no bfp next month.

Have had an awful day at work and have lost my pma, plus it seems like everyone I know is announcing their BFPs (including one lady, at work, who is still smoking!) and tonight it seemed like the supermarket was full of pregnant ladies and babies. I usually coo over 'em but couldn't today.
    DH told me whilst we were watching Eastenders that i'll be like Ronnie in 3 months if no bfp- he was joking but he's probably right am acting a bit crazy!!!

Right, thanks for letting me winge. Am off to cheer myself up with tea and cookies.
    Lolly ***(((hugs)))***

• Hi All,

Amber sorry to hear AF arrived. I get spotting before AF most month, dtr said it was normal although Im not sure I share her faith!!! I have self diagnosed too and now taking B6 supplement and hoping that will work. Hope you and OH had a nice day off at Warwick Castle yesterday. I havent used pre-seed but I have used the alternative Zestica which is ok but doesnt seem to have worked as Im still here!!!!

Curls how are you? If I dont spea to you before, hope you have a nice holiday.

Lolly, hope you are feeling a bit better after your teas and cookies? It does seem that there are pregnant women every where at the moment doesnt it?!!!

Big hugs to everyone

Lizzy xxx