Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying for a baby after a loop biopsy HELP

:\? Hi ladies

I need help

Ive had a loop biopsy done a week ago for cin 3 cells (so pre cancerous)

I really want to know how long i have to wait till i can start trying for a baby, ive got to wait 4 weeks till i can have sex anyway then 4 weeks with a condom so ive got 2 months to get over it, but does anyone know how long i have to officialy leave it till i can try?????????

Ive spent ages looking on the net on all different sites but can find anything out.

Has anyone else been in this postion if so please any advice would be really helpfull

MWAH xx ;\)

Replies

• Hi Wifey2479

Didnt want to read and run.

I am afraid I do not have any advice, as it is not something that I have experienced but I will try and google for you.

• I found this on google:

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/health/whealth/gynae/articles/0,,180651_636626-3,00.html

The paragraph which relates to your questions is:

Conceiving after a loop incision
    Q:I had a loop biopsy two weeks ago and was advised to avoid intercourse and bubble bath for four weeks to prevent infection. I should get biopsy results in another week or two. My husband and I were trying to conceive before this and the doctor at the hospital said it would be okay after the four weeks wait is up. In your experience have there been any problems conceiving following treatment? indys2004

A: As long as the procedure was straightforward, then you should be fine, so try not to worry. Very occasionally, if a large area has to be taken away, the cervix may need a stitch inserted during pregnancy to keep it tightly closed, but this is not that common. Most people have a perfectly normal pregnancy and delivery after the treatment.

Hope this helps....it looks like after the 4 weeks shld be fine to ttc again!!

Good luck xxxx
  • After reading a little bt more on Loop Biopsy - I just wanted to send my love to you. It must have been a very stressful time. I hope you are ok now.

xxx
  • Hello

I have had this done twice. Once when I was 17yrs old and again when i was 26 (im 31 now). I got an infection when I was 17 and thats how i got pregnant with my first child. They didn't tell me to refrain from having sex, but that was 14 years ago and things have probably moved on from there since. Unfortunately i dont know how long to wait before you start trying, but i would have thought it would be fine to start after the 2 months is up. My friend had this done last week also. It's not a very nice experience. I hope you are feeling okay? Nicki
  • Hi nicoad thanks for taking to time to write to me, im feeling fine, just impatiant to start trying lol u no wot its like. xx
  • Hi misskittyboo

Hope i remembered that right

Thanks alot for taking the time to look that up for me, only another 7 weeks to wait lol, im so impatiant when you know you want another you just want it to happen then and there a!

I will keep you all posted when im able to try........

xxxx
  • Hi Wifey
    I had this done in febuary! Everything was fine, I asked the doctor when i could start trying and she said after the 4 weeks we could start. I waited till April because we moved house etc. Still trying now though.
    Just went back a couple of weeks ago for my 6 month check up and everything was good so just need to go back for yearly check ups now.
    Was not a nice experience!
    Good Luck!
  • Hi there. I know youve already had the advice you need but I'm working in Gynae Oncology today - so I thought I'd just check with one of the consultants for you (just as a general enquiry) and the advice is - as long as there were no complications, you will be able to start trying as soon as the 2 months are up. If you have any concerns you can go back and have a simple check up just to make sure the cervix has healed, but it should have done in that time. So if you have no concerns with how you feel when the 2 months are up - then you can go ahead and try.

I hope you are okay and that the results come back ok

xxx
  • Thank you so much for that, ive been worry myself silly, wish I had known about this site before now.

You ladies make the world feel like a better place, its nice to know sometimes there are ppl out there that do care.

THANK YOU xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Oh fantastic news thanks for that

good luck with ur pregnancy xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I am not a lady but know this through my partners experience. They do not mention this but after a loop biopsy, dilation can be a slower process, not moving past 3cm for a long time then quicky moving on as the old scar on the cervix gives. We did not know this at the time and my partners loop biopsy was not taken into consideration. if pre-armed we could have done something like have the scar eased by a skilled practioner. |hope this is useful to others.

• I would definately check with your doctor.... Inhad cin2 abscess advised to wait until i had had a couple of clear smear tests come back first to checkoff the cells had reoccured first and to be sure it was all gone. I had treatment in Dec 10 by Colposcopy... Maybe call them and check?
  • That should read I had cin2 abnormal cells and and was advised!