Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update from me :\?

2»

Replies

• Ah sd I have totally missed everything going on!! Been away for a week on hols!!

You really have had such a rubbish time of it! I hope you get some proper closure from this! I would askfor a blood test as I think it would be more conclusive than a urine test!

Hope you and mr sd are looking after each other

take care Hun

xxx
  • So sorry to hear that you are having such a very difficult time of things SD. TTC is an emotional enough time without all this confusion to contend with and I really hope you get some answers.

I am not a doctor but from a purely logical viewpoint if your body has a higher than average level of HCG all the time it would seem to make sense with regard to all the faint lines you keep seeing. It's a shame your doctor couldn't give you any answers there.

Is there quite a wide range of natural (non-pregnant) HCG levels in women? It levels of 5-25 are equivocal this would seem to suggest that some women naturally have these levels? And if so, someone (you??) has to be at the very high end of the range. Have you done any googling about it? I know you have to be wary of medical info on google but you really do seem to be quite desperate for information and not getting it anywehere else! Is it possible / common for non pregnant women to have levels approaching 25?

If your level is naturally on the high side I guess it'll mean finding less sensitive tests to use in future - I know digis are meant to be but they are also awfully expensive! I don't know about any cheaper brands that have a higher cut off but maybe there are some out there??

If you do get more clear BFPs I would be tempted to take them to the doctor again (or a different one) and see whether you can get an explanation as how on earth are you meant to know when you are actually pregnant if you continually get lines?

It does sound possible from what BOB has said that you are indeed pregnant although ditto about getting your hopes up - it certainly seems worth doing another test in a few days to be sure though given that you had a clear BFP and are now spotting.

GOOD LUCK and remember that you can always request your doctor if you are not happy. My fingers are crossed for you. xxx
  • Hi BOB

Thanks hun I dont mind you throwing your toys out of the pram I have already thrown mine.

Am sooooo confused but I will do another test to be on the safe side, it was a new doc that sent me for a urine test it wasnt fmu either I think i said on another thread I only went to the docs because I felt very disorientated and dizzy when I got back off hol actually had a funny spell in the ibiza airport before boarding the plane.

I am having a full on bleed now tho so reckon it could have been a chem pregnancy.

Tilty I have googled till my eyeballs have nearly popped all all websites say a non pregnant womans level should be less than 5, between 5 and 25 is a maybe, not sure and over 25 is pregnant.

I think it would be highly unlikely for my hcg to be naturally 25 but maybe i have had 2 chemical pregnancies now I know I had one back in Feb as AF was 11 days late.

All I can really do is wait a few more days maybe a week and then do another test probably a clearblue + - or something.

My (.)(.) are still very sore and I have veiny boobs and spots around my nipples but the doc did say if i was pregnant symptoms would progress and eventually i would get a positive pregnancy test and a strong line.

They wont do anything about it from an early stage so guess I will just wait it out.............argh..........

Thanks everyone for your kind support

xx
  • Hi hun, sorry to read your update.
    For what it is worth when I had my mc earlier on this year, I had to be monitored to ensure that my HCG levels went down, EPU kept monitoring me until they were at least 5 or below so a HCG of 25 would strike me as pregnant?!
    I agree with Tilty about ditching the sensitive tests, you need to save yourself some heartache hun, next time AF is missing, I really would wait until it has been a week perhaps before testing and when you get the BFP get down to the docs with it, they can't argue with that.
    Thinking of you,
    Love MrsH xxx
  • Thanks hun

Yeah I defo know 25 is pregnant but it was probably too early to tell.

Am defo saving myself the heartache next time but that BFP I got was what I thought was 14dpo for me but i must have ov late due to me getting AF this week so prob too early to tell one way or the other.

Its crap tho thats what SD tests are for and they pick up 10miu, frer 25miu and they are trying to tell me I wasnt pregnant.

Maybe to save me the heartache but I know what happened xx