Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Question for the CBFM clan

2»

Replies

• Hey Nat

OMG thats just fantastic news, I had a good feeling for you this month. Everything sounded positive and now here you are with your BFP. Yeah lucky you! I hope you'll keep in touch and keep us updated on how your pregnancy is going.

It's so exciting seeing that positive cross, especially if you've had several BFN's in the past. You do start to doubt what you are seeing, But that feeling is like no other when it starts to sink in. I can remember it well!

I take it your oh is thrilled as well, what did he say when you told him? Or did you do the test together? Have you decided when you are going to tell people? Sorry for all the questions, I know it's early days.

So what made you decide to test on Saturday? Guess you couldn't wait until Tuesday? I don't blame you, especially now you've got that lovely news! Did you get any more symptoms?

I'm on day 30 today so going by my last 2 cycles of 39 and 40 days and when I go my peaks I've got about 9/10 days till I can test. Spotting should arrive next weekend, but to be honest I don't really feel any different. My boobs aren't sore at all and apart from a few spots there is nothing to report at all! Boo I have a bad feeling about this month. Arrrgggggh all this waiting is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Congratulations once again to you and Mr Nat, wishing you a truly wonderful pregnancy. Keep in touch. xxx
  • Oh shrewpin thanks so much! Just keep looking at the test to check that i'm not dreaming it!!!

Well.....I thought i'd do a cheapy test on saturday as i was going out & wanted to see in case of drinking....well it was a faint positive! So i didn't drink last night!

Then i did another cheapy test this morning & again a faint bfp, just thought sod it i'm gonna do a cb test & i did it & then the cross appeared & had to call oh into the bathroom to check!! This was at 6 this morning!! Been in a daze all day! Went to see my mum & dad this afternoon & was so weird me knowing this but not telling them. Need to wait until wed has passed as this is when af is due. Think we will tell both sets of parents after this. Don't think i can keep it to myself for very long!! My oh is over the moon......he keeps saying 'i'm gonna be a daddy!'

I don't really have many symptoms tho....my BB's are a bit sore, my tummy does feel weird....feels different, my armpits hurt occasionally but thats it really. I went to sainsbury's this afternoon to get some more cb tests as they are on offer(!) so i can keep checking.....i know its v early but i hope its all ok & it sticks. I probably shouldn't have done this but i worked out my due date & its 23rd dec....which is my birthday!!! What a birthday pressie!!

I think it really helped to reduce the amount of bd we did this month, think we were overdoing it before! LOL!!

So, 9/10 days til you can test, really hope that spotting stays away. Keep that pma going shrewpin....i really thought it hadn't worked this month for us but it just goes to show. The waiting game is horrible, but am keeping everything crossed for you. I really hope you get your bfp! I'll definately keep in touch....i want to know how you'll be getting on!!

Into the last week of the hols from tomorrow....where did last week go? Hope you enjoy next week. Keep that PMA going & try not to symptom spot!! Yeah right!!! Keep me posted. PMA! PMA! Take care. xxx
  • Hi Nat,

Awww your story made me smile! How cute is you oh??? I bet you have a secret smile on your face, isn't it a lovely feeling knowing that you have a very special secret. Not long till Wed and then you can tell your family. How lovely!

Day 31, for me now! The wait is taking forever. Been trying to keep myself busy today, trying to take my mind off things. Oh has been at the golf course this afternoon so I have been cleaning and ironing! Just what I enjoy doing in the hols!!!! At least it's been done now and I can relax and enjoy the rest of the week.

Symptom spotting update - Had a few achey pains again last night, but I put this down to being tired after a very long walk yesterday! Today my bb's feel a bit achey, I think (not sure if i'm imagining though). They are hurting at the sides and feel a bit swollen! I know that this is also a sign of af though.

Really hoping af stays away this month. I'm so desperate to get my bfp after mmc. We are supposed to be going to a friend's little girl's 2nd birthday on Sat. There will be lots of little ones and babies there and I'm not sure how I feel about going. Got upset about it yesterday and my oh said we don't have to go if I don't want to. I really don't want to stop going to social events just because of whats happend to us, but sometimes it is just so hard! I was in Boots the other day and a member of their staff, who'd obviously just had a baby, was in the shop showing him off. All the assistants were gathered around looking and I was staring so much that one of them turned round and asked me if I needed any help! I really am loosing it!

Anyway, You take care. I hope everything goes well on wednesday. Let me know how it goes. xxx
  • Hey shrewpin,

God the 2ww is horrible....your symptoms sound promising tho, it's so difficult not to analyse every pain/ twinge/ anything that you get. You do find yourself thinking 'did i have that pain/ twinge last month or is it new?'

It's so difficult going to places / kids birthday parties when you so desperately want to be pg....your oh sounds very understanding about it all which is really good as sometimes guys just don't get it. Does your friend know your ttc? When you're ttc it seems like everywhere you turn there are pg women / babies / children....& i have got really upset about ttc in the past & the fact that there seemed to be babies everywhere i turned. If i were you, i would prob go to the party as i'm sure once you're there it will prob be ok.

Just imagining you staring at baby in Boots! You're not losing it tho as i'm sure that everyone on here ( including me) would tell you that they've prob done the same thing as you did in Boots at some point! I have definately found myself looking at other people with their babies & going off in my own little world!

So you've got about 8/9 days til you can test? Really hope that spotting stays away. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Well tomorrow is the day my af is officially due so hope its all ok. Take care. xxx
  • Hi Nat

How did you get on yesterday? I take it that af stayed well away? Have you told anyone your news yet?

Well I can't believe it's Thursday already, where have the holidays gone to? The weather has been so awful this week that we haven't managed to go anywhere really. It's still raining while I'm sat here typing this.

I'm on day 34 now, and still no symptoms really. I haven't had any achey pains for the last few days but my bb's feel a bit sore although this is on and off. Still not feeling very pregnant but I'm so hoping that my af stays away. 5/6 days still until af should arrive but if I get any spotting that should be around Saturday or Sunday. It's about now that I start going to the toilet every 10 mins to see if the spotting has started!!!! Hopefully once this weekend is over I should know one way or another.

So have you got any plans for the weekend? Or will you just be relaxing before going back to work on Monday? Whatever you do have fun. Take care, I hope you are feeling well. xxx
  • Hi shrewpin,

Yay!!! Af stayed away & yesterday i did a cb digi & got those amazing words 'pregnant' ....still can't believe it!!!

We were going to tell our parents next week but oh came home from work early yesterday so we decided to tell them. God....i had butterflies in my tummy....well my parents were absolutely over the moon!!! We told oh parents this morning as they had gone out last night! They were really pleased too!! Hee hee!

I'm 4+3 now & don't really have any symptoms....bit more tired & weeing bit more but that's it!! I really want some symptoms so i know i am really pg....well i have become a poas addict actually so the tests are still telling me!!

I didn't really have any symptoms when i was at your stage so you have to keep that pma going!! PMA!! It's so horrible when you keep going to the loo to check for spotting....i keep doing it to check now. I really hope that spotting stays away, hope that you have a spot-free weekend! Keeping everything crossed for you shrewpin.

Hope that you enjoy the last few days of the hols!! Blimey it has gone so quick....could do with another week!!

My sister is down this weekend, she lives in Warrington & we're all in Kent....it's my mum's birthday on Saturday so we're going out for lunch & then oh & i are gonna announce to the rest of the family our big news!!!

Have a fab weekend! Speak soon. Take care. xxxx

• Hi Nat

How are you? Glad af didn't rear her ugly head yesterday. How exciting seeing the words.... Pregnant!!!!! I've never done one of the cbd tests before. It's bad enough only getting one line, but to see not pregnant, well I'm not sure how I would feel. For some reason it would feel worse... that sounds silly doesn't it? Think I would only do one once I was 99% positive that it would be positive. Still that must have been nice for you.

I bet it was nice telling both sets of parents! I remember feeling so nervous, especially when we told my mum and dad. Hopefully we will have some good news for them again soon.

I'm on day 35 now so going by my longest cycle recently my af will be here by Wednesday at the latest. I keep thinking about buying some tests as I don't have any in but I don't want the temptation of testing too early. Also if I buy some it'll be sods law that I'll jinx it and straignt after af will arrive, I know that sounds daft!

I can't wait to get the next few days out of the way, although I also want to enjoy the last few days of freedom. I hope you have a lovely time with your sister. I'm sure your news will make it an even more special weekend.

Spk soon. xxx

• Hey Nat

Just to let you know, that I'm 99% sure that i'm not pregnant this month!
    Got some red spotting this afternoon and since it's day 37 and the little m is flasing on the monitor I guess its over for this month. I'm sure af will be in full flow over the next few days.
    I'm so sad, a whole six weeks until we get to this point again. It just takes forever!
    What a rubbish Sunday work tomorrow and af!!!

I hope that you have had a lovely family weekend and that everyone was equally excited by your news.

Take care, enjoy work tomorrow. xxx
  • Oh shrewpin, i'm really sorry to hear you got spotting. Are you still spotting as could be implantation?? Or are you sure its af??

It's so horrible as you build yourself up so much on the 2ww & then get so bloody disapointed. I really hope that damn witch hasn't got you this month.

Sorry you're feeling sad too, try & think positive that if it hasn't happened this month, then next month will be your month & aim for a new year baby! What a great start to the new year that would be!

I know its hard to think positive, but try and keep your pma going.

Hope that first day back at work was ok, we had an inset day today so it was quite a gentle start to the term.

The weekend was lovely & we told the rest of my family our news, they were all really happy for us! Hope you had a good weekend too apart from the spotting.

Take care. Speak soon. xxx
  • Hi Nat,

Sorry for such a negative post yesterday!!! I am feeling much better today. I think being back at work has given me something to focus on other than ttc. It really was bad timing having my peak at the beginning of the hols as I spent the whole two weeks wondering if I was pregnant or not and yesterday was so dissapointing.

Anyway I'm on day 38 now, haven't set my monitor to cd 1 yet as i've only had a tiny bit of brown spotting today. Af should be in full flow by Wednesday. As for implantation bleeding, it's funny you should mention that as that was one of the first things that my oh said when I got in from work! I don't really know alot about implantation bleeding but as I'm now 14 dpo I would guess that implantation would have happened much earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    To be honest I have resigned myself to it being af and if for some reason af isn't in full flow by Wednesday I'll re-think again then. Really don't want to get my hopes up.

The only thing that is confusing me is that I have got so many spots this month, which I don't usually get before af! I guess that my hormones are still messed up after mmc. At least I know that I am ov and therefore will hopefully be able to get pregnant eventually. I posted a question on here for Zita West (when she did web chat last monday) about mmc and what I could do to shorten my cycles. What she said really makes sense, 'not to worry aboout length of cycles but to focus on when I am most fertile'. Now I have used monitor for first month I can do that and hopefully next cycle it should be even more accurate. I know ttc is a complex business, but it still stumps me now that you can sex when you are ov and it's by no means guaranteed that you'll be lucky, yet when these youngsters have unproteced sex just once they end up pregnant. How cruel is life sometimes???

Anyway on a more positive note, me and oh have decided to increase pma this month. We are trying to focus on other things and therefore try and not think about ttc 24/7! If that is at all possible. So we are going to start planning where to go on holiday in the summer, although we can't book until nearer the time due to oh leaving the army and starting a new job! And if we are going on holiday then I need to focus on loosing a bit of weight and getting fit again (also good for ttc). No good paying a monthly gym subscription if I'm not using it! Also we are going to be god parents for my niece in August, so i'll need a lovely new dress to wear (should be able to fit in to a size 10 by then, if I keep going at the gym)!

We have so much to be thankful for, I am just so lucky to have my oh and I need to remember that. He would love a little one just as much as me but at the end of the day if there was only every the two of us then I am still so so very lucky because some people never find that kind happiness.

Sorry to go on, this post has been all me, me, me!!!! I hope you are feeling well and not suffering any nasty symptoms. I'm glad you have had a lovely weeknd with your family, I bet they are absolutly thrilled!
    Lucky you having a training day today! It's the best way to ease yourself back into it! Have you planned to tell anyone at work? Is your school closed on Thursday for the strike? Well I hope you have a good day tomorrow with the kids, don't go working too hard. Remember to look after your precious little one!

Take care. Speak soon xxx
  • Hey shrewpin,

Glad you're feeling better, definately helps to have something to take your mind off things.....it was bad enough for me having to got through just that first week of symptom spotting but poor ole you had to go through both weeks.

Anyway, how's the spotting going, has it gone full flow or still spotting? With the implantation bleeding it can start from 7-10dpo but i'm pretty sure you could have it up to 20-25 dpo. You mentioned that you have got more spots over the last few days, well that is something i found before i got my bfp.

I suppose its better to think that it hasn't happened each month ( that's what i used to do with all the other months that we had been trying....but for some strange reason i did have a funny feeling about this month) then at least you feel that you have prepared yourself for the worst, even though its still so horrible & emotional when it doesn't happen.

Glad you've got your PMA back, thinking about a holiday sounds like a great plan!!! Where are you gonna go?? Even if you can't book if yet you can still get excited about it!!! My doctor said that the 'key' to getting pg was relaxing & not stressing about it. Yeah right, thats easy for him to say! He's right tho so i think you've got the right idea! I never knew how hard ttc was til i started, but it's just sooooo difficult to get pg......we spent so many years trying NOT to get pg then when we finally the right person to have children with, it then takes ages to try to get pg! It's madness.

Ahhh godparents for your niece is lovely!!! Bet you'll look fab in your new dress!!!

I know what you mean about feeling thankful for what you have, i never imagined that i would find 'the one' that i was going to spend the rest of my life with. I've always been quite independent & it was always everyone else who was getting married or engaged but here i am with my oh, i suppose we all just take things for granted & don't have time to stop & think how lucky we are really.

Shrewpin, you know you can get pg......it will happen for you soon & when it does you & your oh will be the best mummy & daddy! In the meantime, enjoy each other & keep that pma going.

Hope that school has been ok, there are no teachers striking on Thursday so school not closed...how about you??? We've got a school trip to the Army Museum tomorrow which is gonna be stressful....counting heads constantly to check that we haven't lost anyone!!

Take care, have a good few days & speak soon. xxx
  • Hi Nat

Sorry haven't been in touch for a few days. Things have been really busy at work and I just don't seem to have stopped this weekend!

How are things with you? I hope that everything is going well with your pregnancy. Have you been to see the doctor/midwife yet? Have you been having any other symptoms?

Well I'm on day 5 today, af arrived properly last Wednesday and is starting to slow down now. I expect i'll have to start testing again on day 9 so I've been out and bought some more test sticks. It is an expensive business this ttc, but all worth it in the end. So its been another 40 day cycle this month. My last 3 cycles since mc have been 39 and 40 days. The doctor said it can take about 3 cycles for things to return to normal so hopefully my cycles will start to get a bit shorter from now. My period certainly hasn't been as heavy this month. Fingers crossed! I'm sure my monitor will keep me on track.

I start my reflexology on Thursday. Went along last Thursday for appointment but had got completely the wrong day. I keep doing that kind of thing lately. It's the second time this month that I've got the wrong day for an appoitment.

So what kind of week have you got at work? I'm out at a meeting tomorrow afternoon and then on Tuesday we will be informed of who is to be made redundant at work. So it could be a very bad week. I'm really hoping it's not me!

Anyway, goodbye for now. Hope to hear from you soon. xxx
  • Hiya shrewpin!

Sorry haven't replied for a while....work was a bit hectic last week. I have year 2 & we're doing our SATS at the mo. We've been doing a few practise tests & then the real things are next week. It's not too bad really just lots of marking.

Well how are you? What day are you on? Have you started testing yet? How was the reflexology? Hope it was good! Have heard really good things about it!

I'm 7+1 today! It's going so quickly! Not that many symptoms really....BB's v sore & big( well big for me!!) Tend to feel a bit queasy if haven't eaten for a while....having said that my appetite is huge!! Got few spots & even as a teen i never really got spots....i'm like a teenager again!!

How long til you get your peak then? How's your pma this month?

How did the redunduncy meeting go? Really hope it wasn't you shrew.

How's your long weekend been?? What did ya get up to? My oh & i spent the day together yesterday, went out for lunch in the country which was lovely! He's working today so i went shopping!! Hee Hee!! Been really lucky with the weather....hopefully summer is finally on its way. Got 3 weeks til we break up for half term, can't wait as we're off on hols!!

Anyway, hope you have a good week & speak soon. xxxx
  • Hi Nat

How are you? Just a quickie for tonight. I'm afraid I've just finished work!! Boo! How come this time of year is always hectic, just when you want to start slowing down a bit???

Anyway, I'm fine (apart from being tired). Day 13 today. I started testing on day 9 and got a low reading and then my second test came up as high on day 10. OMG I couldn't believe it, wasn't expecting a high until about day 19 (going by my last cycle). So if i get a peak after 5 highs ( it says highs reduce to between 1-5 days after 1st cycle) that will make my peaks on days 16 and 17, a whole 8 days earlier than last month. I can't believe that my cycles may actually be getting back to normal after mc! I'm trying not to get too excited tho, we will see what happens and if I get my peak in 3 days.

I'm glad you had a lovely weekend, so nice to spend time with oh relaxing! We've not done much really, enjoyed the sunshine and went out for the day yesterday, ended up in a nice country pub (not good for the diet).

Reflexology was great, a whole hour of relaxation. I couldn't believe how chilled I felt afterwards. Who knows maybe it's even that, that has an effect on my cycles? Anyway I have made another appointment for next tuesday. Quite expensive, but well worth it.

You really must be counting the days till half term. I wish I were off somewhere warm and sunny. I'm sure you'll have a fab time. lucky you!!!

Well I'll say goodbye for now. I'm glad you are doing well. Keep in touch. xxx
  • Hey shrewpin,

Oohhhh sounds like your cycles might be getting shorter at last, really hope that you get your peak tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed for you! The reflexology sounds great!! Maybe that has taken effect really quickly like you said & shortened your cycles, you never know.

Blimey you sound like you've been really busy at work, mind you so am i.....got SATS at the mo so lots of marking, then i'm organising a Maths week for beginning of June so gots loads to do for that & then reports need to be in by june 20th!! Aghh!! Trouble is....i'm absolutely knackered & have been coming in from work & having a snooze so i hope i get it all done.

Can't wait til half term....11 days to go!!!! You doing anything over half term?? Hopefully the weather will stay nice for you & you can get out in the sun.

Keep me posted......really hope you get your peak! xxx
  • Hi Nat

Just had to let you know I got my peak today!!! Waaahoooo!!! It's day 16, so I ended up getting 6 highs, (was gutted when I got my sixth high yesterday). So pleased but feeling a bit concerned that we didn't manage to bd lday before peak as oh was away. Last time we bd was on Monday (cd 12) so probably all the little swimmers will have gone by now. Anyway oh is on his way home as I type and he has been told what to expect when he gets in! He, he, he. I can't believe my cycle this month will be almost 10 days less than last month, even if we aren't lucky this month then hopefully I'll not be too sad as it's not going to a massive long wait as it was in previous months. Maybe there is something in this reflexology stuff after all.

So have you been feeling tired from work or is it the pregnancy? I think I always feel and look tired after a day at work! Have you told anyone at work your news yet?

I saw my oh's cousin at the gym on Wednesday, she was all excited and said had I heard her news. Well I'm sure you can guess that she is pregnant and has just ha her 12 wk scan. They only got married in September and whilst I'm really pleased for her, I just ended up feeling very sad for myself. I really wish it was my turn.

Have you been to see midwife yet? and have you got a rough idea of your due date?

No plans for half term just yet. Think I'm off for a girlie day of pampering with one of my friends at some point. Oh is tryin to organise some time off as well so hopefully we will do something nice. Really counting the days, just like you.

Well I hope you have a lovely weekend. Almost the 2ww for me (again) so will keep you posted. Take care. xxx
  • hi shrewpin, thought i'd let you know that i have had a miscarriage. We went for a private scan on saturday as i couldn't wait for the 12 week one. I should've been 9 weeks, well they told us our baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. We are absolutely devastated just couldn't believe what they were saying to us it didn't seem real......well i went into hospital yesterday & had an erpc done, got a little bit of pain & a little bleeding but not too much. Just feel exhausted & numb. My oh has been wonderful....he has taken this week off & been looking after me.

We have decided that we're going to start trying again after my 1st period. Although i'll never ever forget my little one i feel that trying again is the right thing to do for us.

So i guess i'll see you back in this forum again soon. Hope that you are ok. You on your 2ww? Take care shrew & speak soon. xxxxx
  • Oh Nat I'm so so sorry to hear that. You poor thing, my heart goes out to you. I know that there is nothing I can say to make you feel better but if you want to chat, I'm here to listen. I know that the pain, sadness and anger I'm sure you are feeling rignt now seems as though it will never go away, but it will get easier. You'll never forget your little one but eventually you will start to feel better. Give yourself time to grieve and make sure you both look after each other. I'm sure you will. I will be thinking of you hunny. Don't forget I'm here if I can do anything. xxx