Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is anybody...

...trying to avoid having a christmas baby? I know there's alot of lovely ladies wishing for an extra Xmas pressie this year, but for me I do not want to force a december birthday on my future kiddies (hurry up with that by the way - stupid body!)
My birthday is between Xmas & New Year, and it's horrible.
Every year i end up getting depressed and upset about it. Everyone's pre-occupied with chrimbo, the fact that people have birthday's in late december kind of get forgotten, and you end with the sales bin tat as a last minute b/day present.
Plus when you're little you inevitably get the old "this is you christmas and birthday present combined" cheapskates!

Sorry to winge - But if I don't get my bfp next week, I'm going to have to hold off for a while - *sob*

Trying my hardest to have the PMA,

Special baby dust to all

Laura
xx

Replies

• Options
    I was thinking about this earlier as a Christmas baby could well be on the cards.. unfortunate I guess, but wouldn't change that fact... I'd be grateful for my BFP whenever it comes I think
  • Options
    I am with ChristineM I will def not be stopping I would be so happy to get my BFP anytime!! My birthday is in Jan and it has never bothered me. xxx
  • Options
    I dont want a chrissie baby to much hassle with my neice been so close so im deffinatly not considering it
  • Options
    I'll take whatever I can get at the moment!!! Haha!!

My nephew was born on xmas day 07 and I feel bad for him, also I know DH gets a bit annoyed as his birthday is 2nd January!

Ideally, I would like an early December bubba!
  • Options
    i would love a christmas baby-easter baby-summer baby-lent baby-bank holday baby - ANYTHING ANYTIME

17 months - 2 mc - you really cannot be choosy.

It will be loved so much it wouldnt really matter
  • Options
    In my head I thought I would stop if I hadn't conceived by now, but my heart is winning and therefore, we are continuing regardless.

If I do get BFP, I just hope will be early december, but begars can't be chooses, so will just have to go with what I'm given.

Totally understand not though. Everyone has to do what is right for them. To be honest, in my family it would be better than a May/June baby, we have tons of those xxx
  • Options
    Hiya
    If i'm honest, I don't want a xmas baby but after 3 months of thinking it has happened and being let down I really don't mind.
    Beggars can't be choosing and at the moemnt i'm begging!!!!
    xxx
  • Options
    In all honesty, I don't mind when I have a baby. it'll just happen when it happens!

Dx
  • Options
    Hey

I wld if i thought bubba was gonna arrive xmas week but as i will be due dec 17th (well i wont as im gonna make the nov forum lol) and i will ]have to be deliver early i will be ok, but know what you mean

xxDBxx
  • Options
    I just checked what the date would be if I don't make Nov forum.. it will be 15th Dec.. would be a shame for the baby but better than not being here at all! I'm ploughing on and hoping for a BFP around 10th March. Hope they've saved me a space in the Nov forum!
  • Options
    Yes, i think we would hold back don't really want a dec or Jan baby. however since me and the OH will be apart for the next two months (due to business commitments) then we wont need to worry about that anyways.
  • Options
    Hey TetburyChick, there was a thread about this a few days ago. DH and I decided not to stop ttc as we're happy to have a LO whenever x

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/86556