Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Need some help plz am confused.com again!

Hi ladies,

Does anyone have a 35 day cycle on here? if so without testing for ovulation when can I assume I will be ovulating will it be 14 days after af?? I was due af tues gone and I had bleeding sat night and then a bleed monday but then my af disappeared this is the 2nd month this has done this to me.

Now we bd for the first time with UPSI last wed, could it be possible I ov late at CD30 and could be pregnant or am I being daft?? is it too early for implantation?? I tested on a CB Digital and it said not pregnant.

Argh its just so frustrating working it all out, any help would be mucho appreciated, trying to take a relaxed approach but so far thats not happening ha ha!!

SD x

Replies

• Hey,

I think it is very unlikely, though not impossible that you would ov cd30. If you had, it would be very early for a HPT to pick it up as it would only have been 8days ago, is that right?

Are you planning to start using anything to determine when you ov. Only asking as for past 2 years or so I have had cycles ranging from 32-42 days but after I started using OPK's and being impatient and doing a HPT at 14dpo my cycles have come right down to 28/29 days.. Touch wood, 3 cycles in a row now. I think that the wondering and stressing about it before was messing it all up and now I know whats happening with my body its functioning as it should... Thats my theory anyway image x
  • I normally have a 35 day cycle.... it's normal for AF to be 2 weeks after OV so therefore you should OV around CD 21. I don't know about the bleed I'm afraid, it seems one you ttc everything goes haywire (or we hyper analyse!) altho I'd always suggest testing with a FR as they are the most sensitive.
    Hope that helps in some way...
  • hi hun, i have a 37day cycle and i usually ov around day 20-21ish. if you did only ov on day 30 af wouldnt really be due till roughy cd44. my lop is 16days but most commonly its about 14, good luck hun.xx
  • Whoopsie - double post x

[Modified by: BroodyBeth on November 19, 2009 10:25 PM]

• Hi ladies thanks for your replies, yes first time was only 8 days ago and af was due 17th I have had bleeding over the weekend but not what i would call a proper period my periods over the last 2 cycles have been light and only lasted 1-2 days.

I think I will use OPKS's I got a BOGOF on FR from Boots but only got 10 OPK's and 4 tests and it costs a small fortune doesnt it.

Yeah I thought it would be CD21 when I ov but I had heard other people say they sometimes have ovulated later..............argh I just dont understand it all and am getting stressed out!!

Thanks xx
  • i agree hun. opk's are expensive i tend to use them for a month then have a break. if you have 10 dont start tesing later in your cycle especially if you cycle 35 days. i usually start testing around cd16 as i have actually ov'd early around this date.xxx
  • Try not to stress SD as that can delay OV and AF! Its not easy this stuff is it. If it really is getting to you I think OPK's are a good idea. x
  • Hi angel100 do you use one evryday hun? yeah think I will am driving myself craxy just have this silly notion in my head that I want to be pregnant for xmas or during xmas and start the new year with a BFP. I know I am setting myself up for a big fall but never mind at least I have you lovely ladies to chat to on here xx
  • Sorry hun I meant every day around ov i.e CD16-21 or Cd16-35??
  • Sorry hun I meant every day around ov i.e CD16-21 or Cd16-35??
  • well if this makes sense, when i have them i use them religiously cd16 till my smiley (i use clearblue dig) goes away but to be honest when i dont have them i dont miss them.lol. i didnt use them this month but when i used them the month before last i also logged my symptoms at the time of my pos opk that way i kinda knew what i was looking for this monh. i hope that makes sense.lol
  • well if this makes sense, when i have them i use them religiously cd16 till my smiley (i use clearblue dig) goes away but to be honest when i dont have them i dont miss them.lol. i didnt use them this month but when i used them the month before last i also logged my symptoms at the time of my pos opk that way i kinda knew what i was looking for this monh. i hope that makes sense.lol
  • Yes hun that makes sense thank you, do you just test once a day tho with FMU or does it not matter, am not temping as I wouldnt know where to start with charting etc.

xx