Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi newbie would like advise

Hi

My husband and i are going to try for a baby once our house move is over in october i have been of the pill since may/june but i have one thing thats worrying me my mum had 2 still births im not sure exactly when if they were before or after me i dont want to ask her about them as im not sure if its painful for her and i dont want to tell her about our plans its meant to be a surprise for her as im an only child it will be her only grandchild im 23 but i think my mum was 21 when she had me do you think it would be hereditory??

we have an appointment with my doctor in september to disscuss our plans

thanks in advance

Gemma

[Modified by: gemnjoe on 18 August 2007 14:15:27 ]

Replies

• I'm sure if you picked the right time your mum wouldn't mind talking about it but anyway with modern medicine stillbirths are much rarer and esp if you are concerned you can be closely monitored. Best of luck xxx
  • hi babe, i agree with the girls it mor rare now! good luck anyway hope u get your bfp soon! and welcome to the boards!!!
    xxxamandaxxxx
  • hi, the best advice is to talk to your mum and discuss with a good gp( if there are any) ha ha. They will make a note and you will be closely monitored, good luck with move and ttc X
  • Hiya, my mum also had stillbirths b4 she conceived me, but had 5 children in all, me and my sisters have given her 15 grandchildren and none of us have had any problems, hope this helps xx