Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

how will you tell hubby?

2»

Replies

• Aawww that is a lovely story gash.
    So many times in my head I play these kind of scenarios of when I do finally get a bfp, what will I do and say..
    I can't wait to see the look on my hubby's face..

That is a kind of thing that keeps me going through CD1 and CD2 (today) lol
    xx
  • Awh naturelle it will be amazing when your time comes. My baby is 8 weeks now and my bfp seems like it happened years ago xxx
  • Hi what a great thread image

I already bought a babygro my first and only baby purchase its from next and says I love my daddy. I nearly gave my hubby it last month but we had a chem in the end.

Unfortunately he knows about it as he stumbled upon it but he was touched with the idea and gave me a big hug rather than a bollocking for buying baby things lol.

I think I will just get him to do a CBD with me and then give him the babygro. I really want to buy the I love my mammy one too before it goes out of season but am banned from baby buying as hubby thinks its putting the cart before the horse!!

xx
  • Hey girls!
    With my 1st we were going to Ibiza on the Sunday so the day before we went into town shopping for last few bits!!! Hubs went for a hair cut and j just wandered around! I ended up buying a test and going to the shopping centre toilets and testing!! Classy!!! When we got home I just burst into tears and he guessed!!
    When I got my recent bfp I had thought before of getting something sweet but it didn't work out that way! I had felt unwell for a few days ANC on the Saturday I was taking lo to his first swimming lesson ans stopped at asda to get some trunks for him! I also bought a pg test! Got Homs from swimming lesson and took the test! I then had to go and wske hubs (he djs on weekends!) and just said I know why I have felt poorly and he figured it out!!
    It is nice having these ideas but bare in mind you'll prob get dead excited and end up blurting it out!!! Lol

good luck girls

xxxx
  • hi all,
    We have only just started TTC, but i have actually thought about this already!

I am going to buy a pregnancy book for guys - i think 'The bloke's guide to pregnancy' and wrap it up in nice paper and give to him. I'm loving the idea of an 'I love daddy' bib or baby gro too - might have to pinch that idea!

xx
  • im glad so many pothers have some good ideas too!

awwww gash02 thats so sweet!

hahaha bk! how funny. thats why i was thinking of cbd, coz it will say pg, so hubs doesnt say 'whats this' lol altho he has seen like at least 5 tests in my draw, so he should now what one is by now teehee.

awwww sd, bugger he found it! its such a cute idea tho! yeah im not alowd to buy baby things either, but i do think for this one senario its ok, and a cute idea image

lol mrsjc! ur probs right, i have good intentions, but i will probly explode with excitement!

ooo thats a great idea glitterkitten, may get one of them too! xxx
  • love all the ideas xxx
    when we got our bfp with our little miss, i went to the toilet, tested, got the bfp and came and handed it to hubby and said we did it, took a few mins to click and then we both were jumping up and down and i was crying lol xxxxx
  • awwwwww image makes tears come to my eyes just thinking about getting a bfp!
  • I like this thread image

I too imagined how I would tell DH, but I'm not sure if I will get a chance as we have male infertility issues and most likey need ICSI.

I would like to have notes all over the house, starting from the door ending to the bedroom. On bed will be the pregnancy test and a baby clothes/ socks/ tiny shoes.

If possible, maybe book a room in a hotel and on the bed I wil instruct him to drive to the hotel.

These are just thoughts in my head.

• awww like a treasue hunt with clues? omgosh that will take forever! lol. awwww ur thougths sound fab tho! hopefully you get ur bfp soon! sorry about the icsi, but u never no. u may get an unexpected suprise image