Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Pigged off and fed up.

Sorry for posting the same thing as other people but I'm really fed up and need to vent to people who understand.
I tested this morning (af due on Monday) and got a BFN. I didn't expect to be pg, but I REALLY secretly hoped I was. We've only been trying for 4 months and I know it's early days but I so wanted it to happen!

It's funny how we can control so many things in our lives but the thing I want the most won't happen immediately!! Dh keeps telling me that as soon as I stop obsessing it'll happen, but I can't stop obsessing!!
Anyway, I better see if I can muster some PMA up from somewhere to use after af's been!

Hope everone's well.
xxxx

Replies

• It not over until AF arrives so theres still hope for it happening this month. There might just not be enough of the pregnancy hormone to show a bfp yet. Try testing again in the next few days if AF still hasnt reered her ugly face!
    Ill keep my fingers crossed for you hun.x
    http://tt.lilypie.com/rTxs0/.png

• Thanks Gemma, I've resigned myself to the fact that it's not happening this month, I don't 'feel' pregnant, but saying that I don't feel like af is coming either!
    I'll keep you posted anyway. Xx
  • Lets hope no symptoms means pregnancy then. I never had any with my LO. Perhaps its too early to show. ang in there and good luck. PMA PMA PMA PMA
    Filo x
  • You say af is due on monday so testing 4 days early is probably too early to show a bfp.

Do another test on monday and hopefully you'll have got your bfp.

I've been trying 4 months too and even though it is early days, I feel like I've been trying forever. We will got our bfp's. Now go find that PMA xxx

http://tt.lilypie.com/NhOf0/.png

• (hugs) I posted a fed up post last night too.

Give it till Monday and see how things stand. I can't really POAS now - we have visitors, but if by Sunday there's no sign of AF then I'll lock myself in the bathroom.

Only have cheap ebay tests though, and one Sainsburys one....
  • Thanks Ladies, I still don't feel like af is coming, no sore boobs or anything which is usually the first sign for me, so fingers crossed!
    I now need to convince myself to wait until Monday and to resist this weekend!

I just never ever thought that getting pg would be this hard, I thought you just got down to it and it happened! It makes me wonder how anyone ever gets pregnant!!

Fingers crossed and we'll all have our BFP's, let's keep up with the PMA and we WILL do it!
    xxx
  • sally - I know!!! Why on earth they teach you that having sex unprotected just once will get you pregnant I don't know - I've tried it a bunch of timesimage

Well, my af reared her head shortly after I posted to you, no sign she was coming AND a day early - she's soooo rude!!

Wait until Monday to test. Imagine, you either waste tests this weekend, or you have loads of back-up ones to pee on to show everyone your BFP when it arrives!!
  • Af is soooo rude just turning up uninvited like that Gypsy! Well at least you know where you stand for another month. I've decided that this month once af has been and gone, I'm going to follow Zita West's book and see where that gets me. I have just been to Boots and bought a First Response test for Monday though, just in case!