Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

so confused

i haven't been on here for ages as had a bit of a change in circumstances.

had been ttc for 6 months and realised one ot the reasons it wasn't happening might have been how stressed i was in my job. i also realised that the travelling i have to do would be impossible (well horrible) pregnant and the overnight stays impossible when LO arrives so a new job was in order.

luckily i found a great job close to home, no travelling but with a six month probationary period. i've taken it and start in november. we therefore took the decision that the ttc shoudl be on hold until after then.

i was generally ok with the decision but in the last week a recently married friend has said they want to start ttc soon and another friend just told me she is early pg. and i'm sat here sobbing. i know my turn will come and that patience is not my biggest strength and i've done really well to get this job and that i was really unhappy in old job but i still feel so sad i can't have my cake and eat it.

i'm also terified of having sex and falling pregnan now - even though i know how hard its been to actually achieve that for six months - it would be just my luck it would happen now! can't expect oh to wait that long but not sure what contraception to use - no way am i going back on the pill

just don't know how to feel or what to do (if that doesn't sound so dramatic...)

Replies

• Hi Speckles,

You poor thing, i really feel for you. I'm having work issues and trying to find a balance is hard at the best of times. But when you so desperatly want a baby it makes it worse.

All i can say is, make the most of your time now, lets hope after the 6 months you fall pg asap! I'd stick to using condoms, going back on the pill might delay things if it takes your bod a while to re adjust again.

I went to see my friends new born today, i wasnt as bad as i thought id be! (i've been ttc for 2 months).

Best of luck to you xxx
  • thanks girls - nov/dec is when i start the job but can't really even know i'm pg until after the six months is up which is next april so a bit longer than nov/dec - will just have to grin and bear it.
  • Hi hon,

I'm actually in the same situ as you - but currently doing my probation. At the mo I'm thinking - well I'll try and hide it for three months but even after that they can't not pass your probation because your pg, in fact it might make them more likely to pass you in case people think that's why they hadn't. how bad would that look - you announce you're pg and then they decline to approve your probation. But you don't want to add to your stress so do whatever feels better for you.

HTH
    Rach;\)