Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi there, just joined today although been lurking for a while.

Got married last Summer and came off the pill after honeymoon to see what would happen. Cycles have been quite irregular so decided to buy the CBFM which I've just ordered today.

My question is, what do I count as day 1 of my cycle? I know it's supposed to be day 1 of your period, but I get spotting for about 4 days before proper blood starts (sorry TMI), so what would be day 1?

Thanks

Replies

• Congraulations on your wedding and joining TTC!

Can't really help on your question im afriad as once im on ...im on! Didnt want to Read and Run though.

Good luck with you CBFM! Let us know how you get on

xx
  • Thanks for the welcome BabyDancer, that's really kind.

I'm actually quite excited today as I feel like having ordered the monitor I've made a first step, stupid eh lol x
  • Welcome TAA image

Im sure one of the more experienced girls will correct me if im wrong but I have asked this before and I believe Day 1 is the first day of full flow.

I too was excited at buying by CBFM as it felt like the first step, you will be a POAS addict before you know it.

Good Luck x
  • Hello and welcome! I think Sharmy is right about day 1 being full flow. Hope you get on well with the cbfm and get your bfp soon!
  • Thank you all, that's really helpful. Bit worrying though as my cycles are even longer than I thought, never mind they're still within the limit of the CBFM.

There's so much more to this TTC malarky than you realise!!

• hello and welcome, TAA.

best of luck with ttc. hope you don't have a long wait for your BFP xxx
  • Hello TAA and welcome to BE image

Congratulations on your wedding last year and ttc...I've just celebrated my first wedding anniversary too image time went so quick!

The other ladies are right...you count day 1 (cd1) as being your first day of full red blood flow....don't count the spotting. I also spot for about 4/5 days before and after my af (period).
    The cbfm is really great and will def help if your cycle is irregular. I wish you lots of luck and I hope you get your BFP very soon x
  • Hi TAA - good luck with the cfm - they're great x
  • You and your CBFM will become new best friends, trust me! I definitely wouldn't be pregnant without mine! I would count the first day of full flow, as the others have said, especially since you have long cycles - it could save you using a whole pack each month
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev058pr___.png

x
  • Hi TAA, i am new too. Day 1, i heard was as the other girls sid. Its the 1st day of your full flow.

Can someone advise what CBFM is please? x
  • Hi Hun,

Welcome & congrats on your wedding.

As the others say first day of full flow for cd1.

the cbfm really is great hun so goodluck im sure it will the trick for you.

(cozza, it's a clearblue fertility moniter) xx
  • Thanks laujai - all the ladies have been reall patient and helpful with all my questions x
  • Hello and welcome TAA.

Hope to see your bfp post soon.

Nadine ;\)
  • hello. welcome, hope your CBFM works first time. You arent that long off the pill so you might find they settle down a bit more over time.

Good luck xxx