Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First period after coming off the pill

2»

Replies

• Options

I feel your pain! I wish I had come off the pill way sooner, my periods came back after two months and then were semi regular but got regular after 7 months! That was all 18 months ago and I got pregnant 3 times during 18 months but lost all at 4 weeks, just had ivf and today found out at 5.5 weeks it’s twins at the moment! X

• Options

Congrats TTCfirstlondon! Hope everything works out well for you this time and that your little beans stick with you! 

After 43 days I finally had my first natural AF, but it's been weird, first day was just spotting, then it was moderate bleeding for 2 days, now on/off light bleeding, sometimes just when I wipe, and sometimes it's like it's finished but it keeps coming back. Very odd! 

Excited to start TTC properly though this month!! 

• Options

Amazing news Lou! It’s funny how happy we are to see it arrive! 

my pregnancu still isn’t going well, on a day by day basis at the moment! But thank you xx

• Options

I know, I literally danced around the room when it arrived, my hubby just laughed at me! 

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, I am keeping FC for you! Really hope it sticks xx

• Options

Same here Loulou15, really wishing I had quit the pill when we were still deciding on timing because now I am ready & my body is apparently not...it doesn’t help when you have several friends that stop their pill & are pregnant 2 months later & even though you know better you still kind of expect it to happen that way for you. 

I am also looking for others in the same situation to help me stay sane while waiting!

I am especially frustrated that I have had long cycles (35, 34, & 38 days long) & then short/light periods. You can’t help but wonder what is going on in there!