Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wanting to stop Microgynon 30

Hi
Me and my partner have decided for a while now that we are wanting to try for a baby. We decided to wait until our holiday was out of the way first thou. I am currently on Microgynon30 and planned to take it until we come back off our holiday as I didnt want to be on my period while I was away. We go away in 9 days and im currently on my 7 day break of a pill, so due to start taking it again on friday. But after what I have read for some people it seems to take them a while after coming off the pill to get pregnant. So i was wondering if I jst didnt take my next pack how likly is it that I will have a bleed while im away, even though ive just had my 7 day break bleeding? I find it hard to explain what I mean when it comes to typing it but i hope you get the idea, lol. I just want to know if even thou im having a bleed now, if i just dont take my next pack of pills am i likely to bleed again very soon or will i have to wait for a period?
thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hi - I've heard some people have had a coming off bleed even if they have recently had a period. Myself I haven't had anything since I stopped taking Microgynon 6 weeks ago. I've read it can take up to 6 months to have a proper period and get the pill out of your system and I got all excited only to have 2 negative tests
  • Options
    hi hun....

i stopped the same pill as u last month had a bleed 3days later which lasted 5days then had a cycle which was 29days long and then bled again for 5 days.....

took me 6months 2 fall with my daughter
    and 3 months 2 fall with my son
    and now im on 2nd month trying 4 no3

everyones diff hun....x
  • Options
    Hi Vicki88340 Thanks for the quick reply, i suppose its one of them questions like how longs a piece of string! haha.... everyones different i guess. Just if its going to take a while I dont want to leave it anylonger. x
  • Options
    thanks for sharing your experience hols. yep, cant say either way I suppose. Really dont want to leave it any longer if its going to take me a while to get preg, but dont really want to bleed while Im on hol either, coz i used to suffer from really bad cramps and wouldnt like that while im away. I'll have to hurry up and make a decision about what to do wont I, haha. xx
  • Options
    if u r on ur 7day break means ur bleeding now right?

if u r then u wont bleed again till at least 28days later.........if u dont take the pill...
  • Options
    thanks for sharing your experience hols. yep ur right suppose everyones different. I just really dont want to stay on it any longer if it could take a good while for me to get preg, but also dont want to bleed while im away on hol either because I used to suffer from really bad cramps and wouldnt like to be ill while i was away. Suppose i better hurry up and make a descion about what to do hadnt I, haha.
    What would most of you do ??
    xx
  • Options
    sorry for double post..... it neva showed up the first time. ha. x
  • Options
    I was on the same pill and I fell pregnant month 1 after coming off it and then this time fell pregnant in month 2 of trying. I had gone back onto the pill after my first baby. Good luck whatever you decide to do. x
  • Options
    Hiya upsy,

I was on microgynon and i stopped taking it a year ago and my periods are not very regular, they have been haywire but are starting to calm down now. People have been telling me it takes 12 months and i never believed it, but its true.

If you stop the pill now you would call the bleed you are having the withdrawal bleed. After my withdrawal bleed i had a 28 day cycle, so you wont necessarily bleed again so close, it depends what happens. I have noticed alot of people who have been on this pill said their 1st cycle was 28 days after the WDB.
    You may experience side effects after you stop it, I had headaches for 4 weeks straight every day, i felt so ill and i had really bad acne.

Everyone is different so hard to say.

MPP
    xxx

http://lt2f.lilypie.com/FEwnp1.png

• Options
    thanks jellyfish thats made me feel better....
    and also thanks again hols. Think i wont take my next packet and just hope for the best that I wont bleed for atleast the 10 days im away, ha. x
  • Options
    I took microgynon for 14 years and my cycles were normal straight away and no withdrawal bleed - everyone reacts differently i suppose. It took us 5 months to conceive x
  • Options
    Forgot to mention after my 28 day cycle i went up to a 76 day cycle and i thought i was pregnant the whole time. It messed my cycles up big time. and in january this year i had a 80 day cycle.

I hope your cycles arent as bad as this.

MPP
    xxx

• Options
    Thanks MPP.... ive been suffering headaches the last few months anyway and I think its all been down to the pill, also recurrent thrush which I have heard can also be a side effect of the pill, so i was thinking of coming off it any way. Think ive made my mind up to not to take another packet for my hols n e way....... wooooo it actullay sounds abit scary that (but exciting! ) haha..... we're actually going to try for a baby! lol
  • Options
    Hehe,

I would of done the same, only 1 month left, so doesnt make much difference. Go for it.. image

Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon.

MPP
    xxx

• Options
    hi if you are bleeding now then you shouldn't bleed again until 28/30 when your period is due

I took the same pill as you and found that it took around 5 months to come out of my system then I fell the next month

I wouldn't bother if I was you xx
  • Options
    Hi,

I stopped taking microgynon a couple of months ago having been on it for 11 years. I had a short 2-3 day bleed about 3 days after my withdrawal bleed finished and then first proper AF 29 days after my first day of withdrawal bleed. Just thought I'd let you know that I did have that other short bleed as you're thinking about holidays! xx
  • Options

I was on microgynon for 15 years came off it 4 weeks ago, 2 days after i bled for 9 days, now experiancing terrible cramps and headaches, moodyness and sicky feeling?????? no idea whats happening????

• Options

I came off microgynon after at least 10 years on the pill in Jan this year, had the normal withdrawal bleed and then first 'proper' period 30 days later, followed by a 28, and a 29 day cycle as of yesterday. All 'proper' periods have been much, much lighter than I was used to on the pill - beginning to worry that the lining is not thickening like it should! Personally wish I'd stopped taking it sooner, but of course everyone is different and you never know what's going to happen for you until it actually happens! Good luck with what you do xx

• Options

i have been on microgynon for a couple years now. I missed three pills of my third week.I had my 7 day break and decided I want to stop as want to conceive As have wanted to for a while now. It's been 5 days since my 7 day break was up so I have been off of microgynon pill for 12 days now. I bled for first 5 days. Just wondering how long will it take me to conceive?!