Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Long cycle

Hi
can anyone give me some advice?
My periods are quite irregular and monthly cycle ranges between 30 and 40 days. I have read somewhere that women that have a cycle of over 35 days can have a period but quite often won't have ovulated! Does anyone know if this is correct and if so how on earth do you manage to concieve?? I am vey cnfused. Has anyone out there experienced this or have any advice. Thanks. xxx

Replies

• Hi there shrewpin

I to have an irregular cycle, before i was ttc my cycle was never any longer than 42 days but im not sure what ahs happened to my body as last cycle was 50 days and this cycle is currently on day 62 and i did ovulate but that was 24 days ago.

So I can completely understand your frustration.

My only advice would be to try ov sticks or speak to your gp, mine was very unhelpful but i hv since changed so hopefully will have better luck with new gp.

Do let me know how u get on

kelly
  • hey shrewpin i also have long cycles ..37 day cycles but theyre regular ( till now ) ...i remember i asked my gp this one day and he told me that that's not necessary ...he said that even people with normal 28 day cycles may not ovulate sometimes...and thats completely normal...so i dont know...the only way to know is by testing the hormones in your blood...so u might want your gp to do some blood tests for you...good luck image
  • Thanks for that advice girls, think I might make an appointment with the gp if we have no luck this month. The way i see it, I would rather find out about all this now instead of many months of unsuccessfully ttc and then going to the docs. I hope I am worrying about this needlessly. It's good to know that there are others out there that understand how I'm feeling.
    Have you used the ov sticks kelly? If so what kind did you use and are they quite easy to use? xxx