Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Unable to have children

Thank you so much for responding and thank you for the website address - will give it a go.

Tess - I'm so sorry for what you've been through - it makes you realise there is always someone worse off than you.

I'm glad you have found happiness and are now pregnant.

I wish you all the best - you're not moaning.

Take care

Jo x

Replies

• Hi there - I joined this site last year when my husband and I were going through IVF (see IVF subject).

I did become pregnant, but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. We were due to go through it again a couple of weeks ago, using our remaining 4 frozen embryos, but they did not survive the freezing process.

We are left feeling devastated and empty.

We are not going to go through IVF again - couldn't cope emotionally.

So we now have to face the fact that we will not be able to have children of our own. Maybe when things have settled down a bit, we will look into adoption. At the moment, I cannot think about it, am too upset about all of this.

It would be really good to chat to anybody who has gone through similar or someone who, like us, are unable to have children. I was hoping it would help.

I did try other sites, but came up with nothing.

Would appreciate anyone responding.

Thanks
  • Hi
    Im so sorry, I cannot begin to comrehend how you're feeling. A good site I use, and I know they have different areas that will cover you is http://talkingpoint.gomamatoday.com/index.php
    Its posted on alot so someone there might be able to talk... Sorry again.. xxxx
  • Hi ya, there is nothing i can say to make you feel better. When i was told i needed IVF & then had to be put on a waiting list i could of died. Then the stupid fertility doctor wouldnt help me bcos my o/h's (at that time) sperm count was low & he said b4 he would even consider helping me or putting me on the list my o/h would have to go through processes to increase his count. So we both ended up not very fertile. Unfortunately when they decided to help us my o/h died in a motorbike accident & that was that. I was devastated.

Now i am with someone else & i am pregnant, i know how blessed i am but going through what i did, i realised how hard it is for ppl who desperately want children & the door is closed in their face everywhere they turn. I think more should be done to help ppl.

Sorry for the moan, i really do sympathise with you & i hope you get the strength from somewhere to help you adopt or even find a surrogate.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Tess***