Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Coffee Addict

I work in an office with a Free coffee machine and I drink so much coffee.. How many cups am I allowed whilst TTC? I have been trying to cut it down to 1 in the morning and then 1 in the afternoon... the strange thing is I get home and don't even think about having a cuppa.

Lisa

Replies

• Options
    I think it's supposed to be 1, no harm to baby though I don't think, just increases chances ttc if you only have 1. I haven't gone as far as giving up all my tea I drink though the day yet though, I must have about 5 cups a day.
  • Options
    I was a coffee addict too, and was worried about the effect on ttc. I cut down gradually and switched to green tea (dont really like normal tea and green is meant to be healthier). Its not been easy, but it was worth it. got my bfp on Sat! xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev343pr___.png

• Options
    I was a coffee addict b4 I had my lo, about 7 days after ov couldn't take one sip of coffee without gagging !!
    A friend was ttc for 8 months then quit caffine and pg next month. I've been off caffine for 6 weeks now due to test 10th so...
  • Options
    I used to have one fairly strong cup a day at break, regular as clockwork.

Now I've got my BFP I'm not having any and really miss that one little cup - it was very sociable sharing a cafetiere with the rest of my department. Have told them I keep getting headaches so am cutting out caffeine to see if it does the trick. I suppose in another few weeks I'll have to lie again and say it worked, the headaches have stayed away, so no more coffee for me! :\)