Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

when should i test? if at all??? ***UPDATE***

Replies

• That's a good idea Princess, it may have been late implantation causing the hormones not to be produced yet. Sending hugs to both you and Kerri-ann and really hoping you get your bfp's!
    xx
  • hey girlz was just reading ya last post and i was just gunna tell ya my mum didint show bfp til 2-5 days after AF was due with all 3 children!! with some women it shows later! so fingers crossed. xjen
  • another BFN this morn, af isnt due til tomorrow or thurs depending on cycle so still early! other than getting tired my symptoms have stopped but sayig that i didnt have any with my ds1. hope you stay positive keri-anne n princess! xx
  • Sorry to hear that natalie! I think there should be some sort of law stopping us from testing early! Let's all try and keep up the pma! X
  • I've been lying low last few days with family over and cos I'm trying (not v successfully) to not think about poas. So sorry to hear of bfn's but it is still early days and I bet that come Saturday Jan 11 will have a membership surge image
    I've been thinking of reasons it's good to wait aside from the chemical pg risk. Come up with-
    * Once you get bfp the countdown is on, if can wait then it's one week less unil meet baby
    * Can still have a smoked salmon n brie wrap at lunch without feeling guilty
    * Getting a (-) is gutting but waiting makes it all more exciting as know still have a chance

Feel free to add image

Rosa x
  • hey girls, sorry about all the bfn image im due af on friday and am so tempted to test early but i did 6 tests last month all negative and it killed me seeing the one line image so im trying to hold off till friday but i know if i go in a shop today ill end up buying one, x x x fingers crossed for all of you x x x and me!
  • I'm due on Sunday but told hubby was Saturday as we were chatting last night and he can't see why I'd want to test before was due. In fact asked why I wouldn't just wait until I was late. Men don't get it really.
  • hey kerry anne its so hard waiting, this week is goin to go slow! image iv tried to take it easy this month and have not been thinkin about signs cos im sure they were all in my head last month! But i have woke up in the night and this mornin with a horrible taste in my mouth its hard to explain but doesnt feel normal! Plus i noticed a weird pullin sensation when iv got in and out of the car or when iv stood up of a chair its like a spasm in my tummy if you know what i mean? Has anyone else had any symptoms like this? It is prob my mind playing tricks again lol x x x
  • ooo that sounds hopefull! And you described the mouth taste that i have got! I havent tested yet which im quite proud of myself for but i think i may end up testin today cos im off work and cant stop thinkin about it! Lol! Unless i can avoid goin the shops that is! Oh another weird sign for me is that i have broke out in a few spots on my chin, i never normally get spots and if i do its only normally one, but these ones are quite big! Im hoping this is a sign too! X x x
  • I have had the spasm feelings! Its getting me down now! Sorry it was a bfn kerry ann, think I'm going to wait as long as I possibly can now! X
  • Sorry to hear about all your bfn everyone. Totally understand how you feel. I posted the other day saying how I was sure I was pregnant but got a BFN. Well, I tested again a few days later and got another BFN. I'm currently on CD31 and usually have cycles of about 32 days so like keri-anne if no AF by weekend will do another test. I'll be gutted if its negative and we can't really try next month as we'll be on holiday when I'm due to ovulate and will have our little girl sleeping in the same room as us. It seems really wrong "doing it" with my lo in the same room.
  • Hi ladies, Sorry to hear the bfn you have had but fingers crossed it's just to early.
    I decided not to buy tests this month till af is due as drove myself mad before with early testing.

Bucket laods of babydust to all
    xxx
  • Sending u all tonnes and tonnes of baby dust! X x x
  • hey guys well like i said b4 i knew that if i went the shops id buy a test and i did, im due af on friday but have just done a test and straight away it looked negative but after about 2 mins a very very very very faint line had appeard! im really confused wether this is a bfp or not? as i got the control window a little bit wet too oops!!!! lol!!! there is another test in the pack but im gonna wait, grrrrrrr i dont know what to think!!! the line is soooooooooooooooo faint xxx
  • I think I would test in morning with fmu hun, sounds promising thou! X
  • thanks princess A im trying not to get my hopes up, cos the line is so faint u really have to focus on it! xxx
  • try peeing in a pot next time, so u dont wee on the window hun! im having so much discharge, never had this before! x
  • thanks guys, well i couldnt wait so i did the other test before and peed into a glass and its the same very very very faint line, hubby just got in from work and thinks im goin mad but he did say he can see somethin slightly, he wont let me test anymore now tho till friday! Lol! Ill have to sneak some in before then! I cant wait that long! Lol x x x
  • thats very promising then hun! what type of test did u use? there is no way i could wait till friday! x
  • i used asdas own, id heard they were quite good, do you know any others that are really sensitive ones which may give me a better result? Im currently tryin to get him to nip out for another test but dont think he will! Lol! The line is really really faint but cos its similar on both tests gives me a bit of hope! X x x