Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Have to get this off my chest!!

Hiya ladies.
Sorry but i have to get this off my chest,since ttc i've discovered 1 thing,Doctors treat ttc women and Pregnant Ladies like Freaks.
I'm sorry if this offends anyone and i'm sure there must be good doctors (understanding)about but from my own experance and reading through the boards it seems like there few and far between!!
Things DO go wrong in pregnancy especially early on so i've discovered and i think the way some of us have been treated is bloody disgusting,it does feellike alot of us get fobbed off,Sorry to bring a downer Ladies but i'm especially feeling for Katyjo right now and others who have had/having ectopics and no one seems to be listening to them!!And its so friggin dangerous,why is it that we are getting treated like this??
xx

Replies

• Some of the stories I've read on here have really shocked me. I have been very, very lucky with the professionals I've come across since having my 2 mc's these last 4 months. The staff at the EPU have been nothing short of fantastic and so understanding even when I rang back for the millionth time with ANOTHER question. And my GP's have been fabulous too and so understanding.

I cannot understand how ladies on here who may have ectopic are not scanned??? When they had a tiny fear that my first was ectopic (not even a big risk - all evidence pointed to just hormones still left in system, had already MC'ed) they admitted me right away and nearly took me to theatre there and then. Like you said, it's such a big risk and not something to be slack about...

I really feel for all the girls here who don't have supportive medical professionals around them because seeing the ones I did really helped me through this awful time.

~ NN xx
  • They get paid far too bloody much if you ask me - moving away from pregnant ladies for a second, my dad had a sore throat and over the course of a year he went to the doctors and had cameras down his throat 3 or 4 times and each time they said no absolutely nothing there - turns out he had a very nasty cancerous lump and had to have so much chemotherapy and radiotherapy that one more dose could have killed him - all because they couldn't be arsed to look properly!!! Now hes classed as critical for the rest of his life and is on long term sick for the rest of his life.

xxx

http://tt.lilypie.com/8ck80/.png

• You hear some terrible things don't you? And ectopics are life threatening too, so they should be properly looked for

Saying that, I found my experience with doc's during my ectopic absolutely fine. GP got me straight in with EPU next morning when I saw her with bleeding. I don't know how it would have worked out if I hadn't rushed to A & E the next evening in agony, but I don't feel like they put me in any danger and I don't feel like I was looked down at or anything

One thing I found funny was when I was in A & E was that I had to ask the male doctor for a sanitary towel, and he put his head town and sent a female nurse in to ask me what I wanted, rather than tell her himself what I had asked for! Men!

Something I would have changed was that when I was scanned I had to go to the same unit with all the happily PG women, having their 12 and 20 week scanned. I sat in my wheelchair feeling very bitter at all of their smiling faces

• yeh danni i agree 100% its like they think we are paranoid & over protective of our pregnancies. My OH is RAGING with my doc I asked him would he ring her to tell her & get my work certs, he said no i'm going in to speak with her now if you knew sean youd know hes a big softie & doesnt say boo to a goose!