Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

THe 6+ month TTCers!

Replies

• Options
    hello ladies...

Nothing new over here... STill waiting for any sign of AF to show up and trust me she will, it's just a matter of time - either that or immaculate conception... But I'm a bit of an emotional wreck at the moment so I know she can't be far off...

This will sound silly but we lost one of our furry girls (a cat to clear up any confusion) last week and I miss her so much. We let her outside at dusk (bad time, I know) and haven't seen her since... DH and I both feel guilty and now that a week has gone by without any sign of her, I just want to cry (told you AF is going to show)...

Does anyone ever get thrush around AF time? I used to but after dd was born I've never had it since. Well I got it again so not sure if I have just been eating too much sugar or it's AF - I think a combo of both...

• Options
    hiya everyone, how are we all today! I am excited as my CBFM arrived today in post. Which other 6+ers are using one? I am on cd5 but will set it as cd5 tom. as my cycles change massively every month i dont think it will matter to be out 1 day. I am excited about using it and it has def given me some pma! x
  • Options
    Hey ladies!
    Hope the docs was ok jay, good luck for your results. The best storyni have ever heard like that is my friend bumped into her ex husband at the sexual health clinic! They sat opposite each other in th waiting room - cringe!
    Canuckmom- sorry to hear about your cat image I would be so upset too. I hope she turns up soon! I often got a bit of thrush around af as well.

Exciting about your cbfm samsa! I hope it brings you your bfp soon image

sd I used a clear blue test that comes up with a cross? It came up super quick so was very exciting!

I feel a bit spaced out today, I know it's true but don't really believe it as I don't feel any different! Very happy though image

how is everone else?

Lots of baby dust xxx

• Options
    Hello,

I was about to post on here earlier but got interrupted and hasd to rush out. Congrats on the BFP, Mrs Cake. That's great news and gives us all hope. Wishing you a very H&H pregnancy!

Samsa, I am in my fifth cycle of using the CBFM and I find it really useful as it takes the guesswork out of when you ov and helps if you're not great with keeping track of days etc. I find it actually makes me less obsessive about the whole ttc process as I just switch it on of a morning, poas if required and forget about it until the next morning.

Hi Jay, hope DRs go well next Tuesday.

I phoned for my blood results today [my second lot of 21 day bloods] and spoke to the practice nurse who said that although my progesterone level was higher than the first month, they are still on the low side and my DR wanted to see me or speak to me about it. So I am phoning up to chat to her tomorrow to see what this means for us. I shall keep you posted.

Best Wishes, All.
  • Options
    Good luck with the CBFM samsa...keep us updated on your progress! image I've decided to wait before I think about getting one.I wanna try SMEP first cos I feel I'd get even more obsessed about conceiving if I got one!Lol,I have such an addictive personality!

MrsCake,I can imagine it must feel really surreal! Have you been to the doctors yet to get a check over and EDD??

Canuckmom I hope you feel better soon. It must be horrible to have lost your furry friend.I think if I lost my wee doggy man I'd be heartbroken too...it's only natural!

Lol,Jay78- I always wonder about people when they ask you that in the docs...I mean there's a high likelihood it's gonna be something that people don't wanna talk about so why ask why they're there!!Awkwarrrd!!Lol!

I feel a bit better today but still not in full PMA mode yet.Tried Zestica on the plus side yesterday & was muchos enjoying it,hehe!I really hope SMEP works for us this month cos after last week's news I think I'll be super super down if we get BFN and AF at the end of this month!! image Can I ask: when you guys get a positive Ov test if you were doing the SMEP would you take it that you would be ovulating the next day rather than the day of the +ve?It says you should BD the day of Ov and 2 days after but I can't tell if +ve means you Ov that day or the next...does that make sense or am I rambling?!Lol!

Annnyways...howz everyone else doing today??

• Options
    Hi girls how are you all today?
    Im ok apart from a cut toe. I stepped on a broken fluoerescent tube and it cut my cut and even though the cut was really really small you wont believe how much blood came gushing out. It completely flooded my flipflop and was then over flowing the side! I looked and felt a right wally sitting there my my leg in the air putting pressure on it. i did think to myself the only other times i do this is after dh and I have been bding! haha Albeit both legs and not just the one!

Bubba4us - i think youre supposed to do the day you get positive, the day after, rest for 1 day and then bd the day after that just for good measure.
    I only managed to bd the 2 days before i got a positive and then the day i got a positive. Im sure i ov'd the same day i got my positive though as i had crampy ov pains all that day!

Samsa good luck with the cbfm and let us know how it goes chick x

Sorry to hear about your furry friend canuckmom - i think i would be exactly the same as i have a black cat and i would be devastated if i lost her!

Well my temps are still high but i guess that is to be expected as only 7DPO. I feel absolutely knackered this afternoon but i think thats because i lost loads of blood this morning and i think if you lose loads then it can make you tired. I know it sounds as though i am over dramatising the blood loss but i really couldnt believe how much came from a small cut. I wonder whether i hit a vein maybe?

Well have a good day anyway ladies xx
  • Options
    MrsCake have heard good things about them + clearblue tests hun, have you been docs yet or done a CBD woo hoo bet you cant wait.

Was it month 7 for you?

Jay - maybe you hit a vein hun, i really dont like the sight of blood and am a first aider at work I also hate having my bloods taken am CD22 today so will be going for my last blood test on CD35, hubby has his SA on Monday at hospital and then I have to book a double appointment with my doc for myself and hubby to go and get our verdict.

I have already been told I will be referred for further investigations because of faint lines on tests and lack of AF but I really wanted to get our BFP by then and feel so sad image

I dont know what to say to the dr either as if we decide to hold off being referred then its just delaying things but if we push for a referral and theres nothing wrong with either of us then I feel like am wasting their time and also dont feel like I should get referred earlier than other people TTC but I have been off the pill over a year now and actively TTC for 7 months.

Its just so frustrating, also I had ewcm and felt really horny last sun so it was stretchy etc do you think i ov last weekend because since then I havent had much wetness or it comes and goes.

Am really sorry for any posts which are abit TMI but i really have no-one else I can say these things too and voice my concerns.

Think I am going to go back to using opks as feel like maybe we are just missing the window, hubs is too tired and so am I to BD every other night for 7 weeks as I have 35-45 day cycle. I mean who has the energy or the time.

We have BD every night this week as I feel it was ov time as had crampy belly etc but guess I dont know for sure.

Bubba4us - I would BD every day when its ov just to be on the safe side thats what we are doing but then again some people say to leave it a day but I always worry we will miss the opportunity as egg only stays for 12-24 hrs doesnt it.

Oh well nothing else much to report, my pma has taken a nosedive and i just feel really crap about myself.

Sorry to be so negative but i guess everyone is allowed a downer now and again!!

Good luck everyone xx
  • Options
    CONGRATS MRS CAKE!!!! So pleased for you!! xx

I started spotting today so I'm out again, what a sh!tty bday pressie :\( bubba I hope you have better luck than me!

How is everyone else? xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies!
    how are we all today?
    Bubbalicious how are you? any news from the Docs on your bloods. I hope they were ok.
    Bubba4us how is the PMA lady? I we have always used the SMEP type approach and we always BD'ed on and off for a few days before and then on the day of the positive and the day after. If we were up for it the day after too!
    Jay how is the toe? I hope you are ok?! Certain body parts bleed so much it's scary! Hope the 2ww is going ok.
    SD sorry to hear that things are a tough for you. Of course you should push for a referral! You totally deserve to get seen. It's not as though you have no reason?! The sooner you get on the books the better and if you get your BFP in the mean time then great image
    Sorry she got your princesmimi, hope you are ok.

Well I took the plunge today and did a CBD but I can't tell you how scary it was! All I was thinking while it was flashing away was 'is this all in my head?!' mad I know. Well all is good on that front!
    Went to the doctors and she looked like I was mad for going to see her! I didn't realise that at my practice you just book in with the midwife. Felt a bit stupid when I came out image
    I think I am due (all fingers crossed) the start of March, about the 10th.

Lots of baby dust to you all

Mrs Cake xxx
  • Options
    Awww MrsCake that's amazing-super happy for you!!I hope the 7/8 month mark is lucky for us too,although we have technically only been seriously trying for about 2-3 months I guess,but have been off th pill sinc Nov!We've BDd so far Tue & Thurs this week and Im on CD13 so will continue this until my positive OPK and BD again the day Of and the day after then rest a day!! image I'm feeling a little more positive this month-I think because the SMEP is giving me hope!Sorry to hear he got you PrincessMimi,best of luck for next month.I hope you're okay!

Xxx
  • Options
    Hi there! How is everyone today? Any weekend plans?

mrsCake - docs have a way too make us feel like idiots don't they? I think they learn how to do that in medical school but never worry, you did the right thing. How were you to know? Bring on March!!!

I had my own hospital experience yesterday. My 2 yo dd had her first trip to the ER. On Wednesday evening she fell from the 2nd step to tile at my mom's house. She cried a bit but not much after I picked her up. We never thought anything of it until yesterday morning when she woke up and her eye was a bit swollen and after her nap it was really swollen. Call it panic but I thought she might have a broken eye socket, going blind, etc.image so DH and I decided to bring her. We were in and out in 1.5 hours so very good considering it was Canada Day and a holiday here at the time. Anyways, she's fine. The ER doc told us it was just swollen and since it's above the heart, it swells after lying flat. He said it all in a nice way but it still came out, why are you wasting my time with a swollen eye?

One of the more stressful aspects of parenting is when your child hurts and esp. when they can't tell you what is going on... I don't wanna go back there but realistically, we will.

DH also left yesterday for four weeks - back on 30 July. DD and I literally both cried all the way home. I really really hope his situation changes very shortly bc it's getting to be too much for all of us. I don't know what made me cry more - was it because i miss him or hearing dd cry for "daddy" all the way home....

AF is still not here. A wee bit of spottinig late last night but that's it - she's never a day late. We've been under alot of stress this month so I think that has something to do with it... :cry:

Sorry for the moan today ladies - just a bad couple of weeks but I'm hoping and praying the next few weeks bring big changes for the good!! More on that sometime, maybe...

• Options
    Hi Ladies,

Sounds like weve all been a bit injury prone this week. Jay how is the foot? Canuckmom hope your dd is doing ok. Must have been bit of a scare!
    sd, if going to the docs would make you feel better, then you should go. as the others have said, if you get your bfp in the meantime then its all good!
    I am off to docs tom. Feel a bit nervous as she fobbed me off last time but hubbie is with me this time and i am going to be stronger about sa referral.
    I am cd 7 at mo, The cbfm was a great buy in that it has really boosted my mood. I had hit a walll withttc and felt so down and out of control the past few months. Whether or not this helps me conceive, it has taken my mind off the constant worry and i feel a bit more relaxed and positive. SD would def recommend it, or at least doing opks or temping. I think then you would feel more in control of things and if you have irreg cycles, it gives you peace of mind when youre 'late' but not really late,
    bubba4us, sounds like you have a plan there. Last month i planned to bd after ov but we had tired ourselves out by then. def giving it a shot this month. Mrs cake, think thats what you did too and you def got lucky. congrats on the digital by the way!
    princessmimi, is af def here, sorry hun.
    bubblicious, how was doc chat? can i ask you about the cbfm? do i keep testing after i get my pos? Also after i stop testing, do i still need to switch it on every day?

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Hopefully we will have some more bfps from us soon! who is due/testing soon - we have canuckmom waiting for af, princessmimi who is expecting af and bubba4us are you next up??? xxx
  • Options
    CanuckMom, hope DD is better soon.

Samsa, what normally happens is that, in the first cycle, CBFM should start asking you to poas from CD6. It will probably get you to use all 20 sticks in the first cycle so keep turning it on each morning at least until CD26. After your peak and when it stops asking for you to poas, you don't need to switch it back on until [and if] AF arrives.

By cycle 2 [hopefully, you won't get to this stage], it has learnt a bit about you and might not get you to start to poas until CD9. Also, it will probably only make you poas 10 times if your cycle is not longer than the norm.

Hope that makes sense. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more q's.

I had a chat to my Dr today and apparently my progesterone level was at 23 when it should be about 30. She says this might be just stress so to carry on ttc for another 2 months before going back to her for a referral. She has no concerns and thinks that it should happen naturally. I hope she's right. I'm on CD10 of month 9 so it should be baby making time again soon.
  • Options
    Hi lovely ladies. Hope everyone is ok tonight? Is anyone up to anything exciting? Hubby is watching footie - surprise, surprise!!

Well have had + 3 days running on opk. Bd last night, well it was after midnight! Missed Wednesday night as hubby'd been playing footie and bd the three days before that. Hopefully will bd tonight just to cover and at a push tomorrow night!! Then into the two week dreaded wait!

Am also temping so am counting yesterday as ov day, as had another temp rise today.

Sorry for rambling! Good luck to everyone who is visiting docs and lots of baby dust for this month x
  • Options
    Hi all,

Do you mind if I join you?

I am a few days into my 6th month of TTC baby #1 and it would be really nice to chat to some other ladies who have also been trying for a while now...

Most previous months I have used OPKs and BD'd loads (pretty much every day) around ov / when I am getting signs I am fertile, but the plan from now on is just to aim for every other day ish, ditch the OPKs and try to relax a bit about it all. Easier said than done at times though!

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me joning your thread but it is comforting to be able to talk to other people who have not conceived straight away and understand the worries / concerns that start to creep in at this stage...

I know a few ladies on here already (Vicsy / Bubblicious / mrs*me* and probably others too) and I look forward to chatting to the rest of you soon.

Babydust to all! xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,
    Congrats on the CBD Mrs Cake, its amazing to see it in words isn't it! Bubba when we were ttc our ds I temped as well as using opk's and that indicated that I ovulated the day after my positive test so keep it up if you can. Sorry you're feeling down SD, some days are worse than others aren't they. Definitely take up your option for a referral, hopefully you will have your BFP before then. Canuckmom it must be awful having your hubby away so much and especially frustrating when you're ttc. My hubby is in the army so is away from time to time and I know how you feel.
    Samsa good luck with your monitor, I think I might get one this month if we move onto month 9. Sorry I can't remember everyone's posts, I'm on my phone and can't go back to check.
    I'm on CD16 today and expecting a pos test. Have bd the last 2 nights but hubby is out tonight so I may have to jump him this afternoon! x
  • Options
    Hi all

Just wanted to post and say think we are out this month as hubby cant BD anymore with having his SA booked for monday and am pretty sure I was ov yesterday as had a crampy belly allday and felt irritable only had a tiny bit of ewcm tho but had a massive surge of it last sun so could i be on my 2ww.

Am definately going back to using OPK's i know its expensive but its the only way I can know for sure and dont have to sit guessing all the time.

MrsC - congrats on the CBD bet its so lovely to see those words and congrats again on your march baby.

Bubba keep up the bding and the pma

Canuckmom my hubby used to work away for weeks on end so i know how you feel it has only been the last year where he has managed to get work locally but still i know how you feel and what you are going through. Keep your chin up hun.

Samsa - good luck with the monitor i was bidding on one on ebay but it went to over 60 quid, hubby has agreed we will wait and see what his SA results are like before we buy one!! Am so impatient tho and with it being month 7 i want one now!! Cant really afford it at the moment as have 2 weddings to go to this month and lots of other expense!!

Goonie - good luck with the BD hun!!

Tilty - welcome i have spoken to you before, nice to see you on this thread, sorry you are onto Month 6.

Good luck everyone, oh and Mrs Cake can you please put in a good word for us all with the BFP fairy and sprinkle some of your good babydust.

Thanks

xx
  • Options
    Right, well AF showed up, very light and loads of ewcm in there... also my cervix is really high? I had cramps yesterday but they've gone now thank god! Has anyone else had this? I was taking B6 this month maybe thats it? I've posted on another forum and a few of the girls there have said they get ewcm in their AF too, but I don't usually get that much and the high cervix baffled me as it's usually so low when I've got AF that a tampax is uncomfortable?! My temps dropped so I know I can't be pg xx
  • Options
    Hi hun

Have you tested, also if you dont mind me asking is there an easy way to check your cervix as i never seem to know what am looking for lol.

Sorry I cant offer any advice but hope its a shy bean for you

xx
  • Options
    Hi SD,
    I tested at 9dpo and 10dpo and AF came at 11dpo (I have a short LP) I have started bleeding really heavily with clots (sorry TMI) so I think the chances of a bean are pretty much nil.

I find it easiest to check my cervix when I'm sat on the loo, just one clean finger (or 2 if you're looking for CM) when you put your finger in the resistance you get to is your cervix! You can tell the difference between soft and hard etc if you check every day, hard feels like the tip of your nose and soft like your mouth lips.

xx