Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

THe 6+ month TTCers!

Replies

• Happy Weekend ladies!

AF is making a slow appearance this month - so what is day 1, spotting or flow? I thought it was spotting but going onto to day 2, I'm not sure anymore... Still emotional but that could be just everything going on right now. Thankfully dd was OK yesterday and didn't cry for daddy - i think she was just really tired on Thursday night and that made it worse. Him being gone so much wouldn't bother me as much if it was just me but when you have a child crying for him, it's tough, long 4 weeks... He goes to Brazil but was told Friday morning when he arrived that he needs to get a visa the next time he arrives there so it looks like he's going to the UK & Ireland next trip for a Brazilian and American business visas....

Does anyone else feel like they need to make notes of what was written? I can't remember what anyone wrote and if I scroll down I see page 1.... grrr.... Sorry, but whoever just wrote about checking her cervix, how can you tell your ov'ing by checking?

Off to my mom's - see ya tomorrow!
  • Hi all,

SD, I can remember chatting to you a few times image I'm really sorry you're still here and also so sorry to hear about your chem preg. I really hope you have some happy news soon after all your frustration. xx

I am another one who likes to check my cervix as it seems to give me a really good indication of whan I am about to ov. On previous months when I have used OPKs I notice that my cervix goes really high and soft either on the day of the positive OPK or the day before. (It also stays high for a couple more days after the +ve and then starts to come down, getting quite low and hard before my AF).

At times when it is 'low' its position seems to vary a bit throughout the day though so is worth checking a few times....

For those asking about how to do it, sorry for the TMI but I just kind of bend my knees a bit and use my index finger to feel the position. When it is low I can normally feel it really easily - kind of knuckle depth (again, sorry!!) but when it is high up it is quite hard to reach and really does feel much softer. The comparison of the end of your nose vs. your lips is a really good one.

Do any of you ladies on here not notice much in the way of EWCM? I get a small amount but only by 'investigating' and although my CM does increase noticeably when I ov, it is often more watery than stretchy, with only a small amount of what could be called EWCM (and only when I look for it, of you know what I mean!) I was thinking of investing in some preseed if no joy this month... has anyone tried it before? xx

• Thanks all

Canuckmom it was me that asked about cervix positions i have ewcm this week and had a watery ewcm last week but have never been able to get the hang of feeling about for my cervix, I have noticed that there is like a tip of a nose yes but hard to determine if low down or high up. Guess I will just keep checking until I get the hang of it all!!!

We never BD tonight so think am out this month, hubby wanted his SA to be of good quality as he finds it embarassing he has to go to the hospital and doesnt want to have to go again to repeat test because we didnt leave it long enough.

So we will see if AF comes or not as think I am now on my 2ww at CD24 and have a 16 day lp

Tilty - I had a big blob today and it was very stretchy and thick white mucus *sorry tmi* also there was a bit on my knickers too more than have had before so guess that was ewcm.

Good luck hun and again sorry for the embarassing TMI**

xx
    xx
  • Hi girls,

well got a feelin AF is on her way as been really emotional over the last few days and getting cramps today, which is usually a sign AF is on her way. I know its not over until she shows but just feel she is on her way for definate. Had a bad tum yesterday and was at asda! how embarrasing! i really dont like going in public loos when need a no2 but had too urgh
    Think pma really taken a nosedive today girls
  • hhi everone,
    welcome to our thread tilty. I do get ewcm but we tried preseed anyway(as i am at the stage of trying anything!) I didnt really notice any difference in the way it felt when we were bding but maybe cos thats because i get ewcm anyway? give it a try!
    Oh Jay, sorry you think af is on her way. Rememeber though, the new pg symptoms are no symptoms and lots of af symptoms. keep us posted.
    Sorry to hear you are back on cd 1 princess and canuckmom. Though cnmom, i know you were pretty much out this month anyway. i know that must be annoying but maybe alos a bit nice to not have to ss this month and relax a bit? Hope you are coping with dh being away again. Must be so hard - i would find it really difficult.
    Sd good luck with next few days. Seems like there are a few ladies coming up to testing.
    Well we went to docs yesterday. He was so lovely, though a bit scatty so i hope he has organised everything ok. He is referring us for fertiltiy appointment and in meantime hubbie needs to get SA done. We need to do it at home, then take it in to the hospital but i need to ring to see when they are open. Has anyone done it this way? We need to get it there within the hour. So do they test it straight away then? How do they know they will have time?
    Also on monday the lady will call me to make an appointment with the fertility ppl. So i will kmow straight away when my appointment is. it will prob be a long wait but at least i will know.
    I actually feel a bit freaked out now by it all. Didnt think we would get referral as well as SA but doc said i made sense to do it this way. xx

[Modified by: samsa on July 04, 2010 09:12 AM]

• Hey ladies
    Hope you are all ok? Welcome Tilty!
    Well I have decided to have a little break from BE. I have found myself getting very worried about MC and I think it is getting a little bit disproportionate. It is making me feel really down when there is no real reason.
    So I am going to try and just chill out for few weeks and not read any books or read any statistics!
    I hope that makes sense?

Just wanted to thank you all again for your support, this thread has really helped me!
    I'll be back in a few weeks to see how you are all getting on!

lots of love and the biggest amount of baby dust I can throw!

Mrs Cake xx
  • samsa, thanks for the preseed info. Maybe I will order some as I'm sure it can't actually hurt and it may just help things along!

Mrs Cake, sorry to see you go for a while but your reasons do make sense... sometimes seeing the bad as well as the good on this site can cause worry and I'm sure a couple of weeks away to relax and enjoy your preganncy as much as you can will do you the world of good. Looking forward to hearing how it is going when you feel ready to pop in again.

SD, as you have't used OPKs this month I would try not to stress too much about when you may/may not have ov'd as it could easily drive you a bit crazy wondering about the ifs / maybes! At leats your hubby will get an accurate SA done and hopefully you ov'd earlier as you first thought. I really hope this month brings some luck for you but if not hopefully going back to the OPKs next month will make you feel a bit more in control of things. I really do have my fingers crossed for your hubby's SA results. xx
  • Well my temp was up again today at 98.04. When i first looked at it my heart sunk as thought it said 97.04 so was thinking that was it game over. Still not getting my hopes up though and PMA seems to have gone again today. Especially as i was on facebook earlier and saw that one of my close friends had put up that she is pregnant again and due in November!! aaaaaarrrrggghhh for f&@ks sake Thats means that my 2 closest friends will have 2 kids before i even have 1!! I really could cry. I was also a little peeved that she hadnt told me herself and i had to find out from facebook. I mean she may not have wanted to say anything cos she knows we are trying and i havent seen her for months but i really would have liked her to have told me herself and not found out on facebook!! Ive just sent her a text message saying congrats so will see what she comes back with.
    Have had more cramps today so not looking good i think and wont be long before the witch arrives.
    Got my doctors appointment tomorrow so will see what they say! x
  • Aww Jay, you're normally the positive one, too. It's not over this month until the witch arrives so keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I got my first peak this cycle on my CBFM so we are on baby-making alert. It's really early for me so caught us by surprise.

Samsa, its good that your DR is referring you already. DH did his SA the same way. It was a military operation. He came running out of the bedroom, shouting, "Go! Go! Go!" and we leapt in the car and got stuck in traffic jams all the way. I think it took half an hour. When he got there, they asked loads of q's of him and then whisked it away so I think they got to work pretty fast on it.

Mrs Cake, you do read more stories of mc/problems on here because these are the ladies who need more support. People rarely come on here going on about how plain sailing their pg was but there are many of us who have problem-free pg so don't think the worst. Hope a few days away will put things in perspective for you. All the best.

Hope all you other 6+ers are doing okay.
  • Hi ladies,

Mrs Cake - I totally understand your point. Enjoy your time and bask in the glow! When I had dd I didn't register on BE until I was about 5/6 months along and I'm so glad I did (I didn't know it existed before then)... I was so clueless about mc, chemical preg and all sorts of other nasty stuff so I just went about my day feeling good.... It's hard to stay off though! :\)

Jay - it's not over until the ugly witch sings! Stay positive! Hope the docs news is good news for you...

I'm on CD2 today. I did a "google diagnosis" last night after I read online that if you spot anywhere from a week to a day or two before your period it could be a sign of low progresterone. Other signs are early miscarriage (check), low libido (check, sometimes), anxiety (big check) and bad PMS including irritability (check) amongst others... I'm going to try angus castus and see if I notice any difference over the next 1 to 3 months when change should happen. I have to go to my docs in September to have my blood pressure checked and a new prescription so I'm going to talk to her about it too and we'll be well over the 6 month ttc mark too.

anyways, i'm off to stay cool indoors - it's going to be 43 today, 41 tomorrow and 44 on Wednesday. Thank goodness for AC, I'm not a hot weather girl at all!!!
  • wow that is hot cnmom! It is hot here in england too, at least down south where i live. We spend most of the year moaning about the cold, then as soon as its hot, we complain too!
    Jay, youre not out yet! let us know how docs goes!
    Bubblicious, get bding! Are you going to keep going well after your peak too? thats my plan this month!
    I had the lady call me today to make the referral appointment. It is 9th august which is much sooner than i thought it would be. So we have to get the SA done before then. Did you get results from GP bubblicious? xx
  • Samsa, my GP phoned my hubby with the results. 9th August isn't too far off. That's pretty good going.
  • Hey everyone!!

Not been on for a few days as had a busy weekend!Sorry to hear you're ducking out for a bit MrsCake. i definitely understand your point though- think I might be the same if I ever find myself in your boat!Hopefully you'll pop back on to say hello and update us on your pg from time to time! image

Samsa that's great you got a referral so fast! I have the docs on fri for my 2nd lot of 21 day bloods.I've been using my ebay cheapie OPKs and still not Ov!!I'm on CD 16 image Hubs and I have been BDing every 2 days and had a wee extra BD at the weekend for my birthday! :P Samsa, that's normal for SA. I work in a lab and a friend works in the lab which carries out SA. She says you just have to abstain for 2 days before and get your sample to the lab within the hour, then the sample is analysed the day you take it in (I think it has to be analaysed within 2 hours or something!) You always do it at home unless you live really far away,in which case they usually have a room or a flat for such people! (Not exactly sexy eh?!)

Jay,I hope AF hasnt got you yet!!You never know,this could be your month! image PMA!PMA!PMA!Totally know the feeling you had in Asda aswell...I've had IBS since I was 12 and it used to be so bad I had to run in shops a LOT!! (Asda, Sainsbury's, Debenhams, you name it, lol!!)

Sorry to hear she got you PrincessMimi!Hope next month is your month!

Canuckmom, I definitely feel like I should be writing notes...I forget what people have written in about 2 seconds!!

Hope everyone's doing okay.Happy BDing/testing/waiting(??)

P.S. I just bought me a CBFM from Ebay,woohoo!!It was kind of on purpose but didn't actually think I'd win it so hubby will not be happy as we're supppper skint this month!!Oops!I'm excited now though! :P x

xxxxxxx

[Modified by: Bubba4Us on July 05, 2010 09:04 PM]

• Bubba - congrats on your win!!! it's such a rush to win a bidding war on ebay!!! image

yes, it's HOT! 35 degrees and with humidity, well into the 40s until Thursday.... it's gross, I hate this weather! Tomorrow I'm taking dd to a childrens museum so she can run off her energy since shes cooped up indoors....

• Well girls not 100% sure but think i may have my bfp. I got the faintest of lines this morning but dont want to announce anything or say for definate got bfp until been to docs this afternoon. I will update you all later xxx
  • ooooo exciting news jay78 image fingers crossed for you,

tilty, i no this may sound really odd? but how on earth do u check ur cervix? lol? xxxx
  • OH MY GOD JAY, yippeeeeee! What sort of test did you use? A line is a line, I really hope this is it for you and you're off to due in March!! Let us know as soon as you've been to the doctors, will have everything crossed! x
  • wow Jay, this could be very exciting news!!! Please let us know!

I have a question for you ladies. I have my gynae appoint on 9th august and rang this am to arrange hubbies sa. The earliest they could do it is 3rd august. Will we have the results back in time for the 9th? I dont want that appoint to be a waste of time!
    Thank you ladies xx
  • Thanks Canuckmom. I know I'm usually rubbish at the bidding thing on Ebay, I usually just go for "buy it now" but I was so pleased I won!Havent told hubby yet,lol! :P

Awwww Jay hurry back with news pleeez!!I can't wait to hear! I hope some of us are lucky this month...just don't all go and leave me at once,lol! :P

Samsa,as I said a little further up, they have to test the spermies the same day so you should definitely be able to get your results before your app. The only thing that might hold it up is if there's a lot of results to be reported as docs can be swines sometimes and delay reporting!Mine were back pretty fast,so fingers crossed for you! image

xxx
  • thanks bubba4us, i hope so. i may try and delay 2nd appoint but dont want to be waiting around for ages either for another one. btw, i am loving my cbfm this month! for the 1st time in ages, i feel really relaxed about ttc. Im not madly calculating dates or times to bd, just letting the monitor do the work! better not forget to bd though! Im cd 11 and still lows but i ov late so was expecting that xx