Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

THe 6+ month TTCers!

Replies

• WOO HOO not been on for a few days as been busy Bding and chilling from it all so good to log back on to some positive news..............Jay78!!

Jay78 thats so great come back and tell us please???

What test did you use? how faint is the line, I really hope this is it for you hun and your off to DIM!!

Samsa - the results will come back within 3 days hubby had his SA on Monday and he gets results tomorrow or thur not sure but he has to ring his GP. We are so scared because I have been checked out and on month 1 i never ovulated, last month when i had chem i ovulated and I have to have a CD35 blood test done so dr said it will depend if i get 2 out of 3 ov or not as to whether I have the problem. Hubby is beside himself with worry incase its him, his mam told him he had mumps when he was a child and this can cause infertility so I really hope its good news for us and him.

Also hope your hubbys SA comes back normal too hun, we will have to keep each other posted, I feel for them tho it is not a nice thing to do and hubby said when he got to the hospital they had moved the department so he was wandering round with his gizz in a bottle asking for directions and when he finally got there reception was full of nurses so he said he has never been so embarassed in all his life. Bless him

How is everyone else, Goonie? Bubba4us? Princessmimi?? to name a few sorry I cant remember everyones name.

Canuckmom where are you from? if its that hot or are you on holiday??

Good luck everyone lets hope this thread is lucky with MrsCake and Jay getting their BFP's lets hope ours are just around the corner.

MrsCake will miss you hun but can totally understanding why you would be worried. I hope you dont stay away too long tho image

xx
  • Well the docs said that i dont have diabetes, no probs with thyroid and my progesterone levels are excellent. I told her about getting a faint line this morning and she said well i dont need to examine you now then do i! I showed her the pg test and she really had to squint at it (she even had to put her glasses on! haha) but she agreed there was a very faint line there. So looks as though have got my bfp BUT i'm still not going to believe it until i see a darker line and passed the CD30 stage as cd30 is the longest cycle ive had. That should be this Thursday, so if i get to friday and she hasnt shown then will believe it more.
    I know i should be excited but im really trying not to at the moment in case she does show up and i got it wrong. She said to make an appointment for a couple of weeks time and can see where we are at that point. She also said maybe do another test in a few days and try not to do one every day! haha think she knew i might do one every day!
    I told dh when i got back from the docs but said i might be pg and not for definate (i know what hes like he cant keep his trap shut) and he had a little smile on his face. He even said at dinner maybe we should start thinking of names. ah bless him.

Glad you like your new cbfm monitor samsa and thats great that you feel more relaxed. You never know it might work for you xx

Sorry but i cant remember what everyone else has written because weve gone onto a new page and i can only see samsas update doh! xx

• No probs,hope everything works out nicely for you!! Aww I can't wait to get started with my new CBFM!Although with any luck this month I won't need it...I doubt that but hey - I can dream!! image I ov late too...I'm thinking it's around CD20 something but I actually have no idea.I don't even know what my luteal phase is!!This ttc stuff is more complex than I expected!!

P.S. Updating to say congrats on the possible pg Jay!!!I won't get too excited for you if you're unsure. Once you're happy that you have a dark bfp I'll virtual hug you,hehe!! image I think this is a lucky thread ladies...sooner or later there'll be none of us left cos we'll all be in DI threads,woo!! (Let's hope it's sooner!!) :P xxx

[Modified by: Bubba4Us on July 06, 2010 09:09 PM]

• jay, completely understand why you are being cautious. best of luck over next few days and i really hope it is your bfp.

SD, good luck with those results. im glad yours are good. The chances are the sa will be fine for both of us, but id rather jusyt know either way. at least if its not good news, we can get on with planning the next stage of treatment. I am feeling sorry for hubs but also the whole thing is quite amusing! we have an actual time we need to arrive for - not quite sure how that will work - but i too have visions of us wondering around with a bottle of spermies! Luckily im a teacher so i will be off work for all of this. anyway fingers crossed the cbfm will work for us this month. seems to be lucky so far - there wont be many of us left soon!

How is everyone else today? x
  • Well i guess your cbfm will help you with that one hun xx
    I used opks for the first time this month and ov'd later than i realised. DH and i had to bd 3 days in a row. You wouldnt think a man would moan about it would you, but he did! humph haha
  • Jay78 I will keep my fingers crossed and await your announcement in a few days its so exciting isnt it.

What test did you use? cant wait to see your CBD when you do it so friday will you be 1 day late for AF as your prob best to wait and do a CBD at the weekend.

xx
  • i too have an oh who moans when it gets to bding every day! Most men would be in their element! I ov late too - any day from cd 15 to cd29! crazy! x
  • Thanks girls - i used one of the early tests that came with my preseed. I think by friday i will be a few days late as on average i have a 27 day cycle and the longest ive had is 30 days. So by my reckoning will definately be late by friday. Might do a cbd then if she hasnt turned up. xx ooooooo i really really hope this is it!
  • Jay, congratulations hun - that's great news! If the doc saw it too, it's not your imagination but I know what you mean about waiting a bit longer - fingers crossd for you! x

SD - I live in Toronto - bloody hot again today, can't wait for Friday when it's going down to 28 degrees and little humidity! I used to live in NI and couldn't handle 300 days of rain so convinced DH to move here but living w/o humidity for five years made me forget how stinky it is :roll: ...

CD3 for me, nothing new here 'cept AF ruining my life but then I guess I should be thankful she visits every 29 days... A necessary evil?!? I've committed to cleaning up my eating habits too which I don't think are too bad, I just love carbs, choc and drink too much coffee.... First day and I'm doing well and hope I can keep it up... Is anybody eating well and sticking to it?

Does anybody know if Perrier water and the like are OK? I don't drink fizzy pop but on hot days I love Perrier but was wondering if carbonated water should be cut down as well...

Hope everyone is well...
  • ooo Jay, this could indeed be a lucky thread! Really am not too hopeful this month though. Fertility Friend says my chances are 'low' as we just didn't bd round the right times - damn footie!!!! lol!
    I'm 5 dpo and had a small temp increase this morning, and real bad cramping today. AF not due for another 8 days or so. I can't stand this 2ww!
    What makes it worse is hubby and I are both waiting to hear if we have passed a job assessment/interview. We've already had to wait 2 weeks, what is with 2wws?!!!!
    FF says I should test on the 14th July, which will make me 13 dpo.
    Sorry, bit of a jumbled posting!
    Good luck to all newcomers and 'old-timers'!!
  • Congrats, Jay on your BFP. Let us know when you get that dark line.

CanuckMom, I was eating well but tbh, after 9 months of ttc, I've taken to comfort eating and treating myself. It's all about the balance, though. Or so I keep telling myself image.

Good luck with the job interviews, Janiejane.

Samsa, I made my DH put his sample bottle in a nice small Zara bag as the thought of him wondering around with a sample in a see-through bag horrified me image.

I'm on the 2ww now, having ov'd a bit earlier than usual.

• Jay, i really hope this is it for you hon! Looking forward to your BFP announcement...

Hannah xx
  • jay78, any news today? have u tested again? im excited for you image

• Thanks for all the well wishes girls xx
    Well temps still up this morning at 98.20 and no sign of her although still getting a few cramps. I think tomorrow will be D day and will feel happier if temp still up, then will test again friday. Not going to test until friday........ok ok so i MIGHT test thursday if temp still high hehe Then if i get a darker line will do cbd on friday. xx
  • How exciting! Woohoo!
  • Good luck for the morning Jay, all the signs are good! I can't wait to see your BFP announcement.

I'm 5dpo today and feeling completely defeated already. Will pop back on soon and read through the other messages and reply properly.

Good luck everyone x
  • OMG!!!
    JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats image

Just popped in to see how you were all getting on and saw the good news.

This is the lucky thread!

xxx
  • Hi girls,
    I got my darker line this morning so feeling more positive that i am actually pregnant! Have just purchased a cbd to do tomorrow morning so i can actually see the words. Then i will make my announcement. Actually i might do a ttc story as i always go and read the birth stories in the due in forums and thought might be nice to start doing ttc stories? That way people have got something to read whilst picking up tips or advice on the way. What you think? xx Will update you more tomorrow when hopefully i WILL be making my actual BFP announcement. xx
  • Good news Jay! I'm happy for you and can't wait to read it...

Take it easy, rest up b/c in March you won't be able too!!!

• OMG Jay so happy for you hun, have a lovely time and will miss you image

Look forward to reading your BFP story.

On a more positive note for us my OH SA result came back absolutely fine so as long as my blood test next week doesnt show anything untoward we are good to go and just a matter of time!!

xx