Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

THe 6+ month TTCers!

Replies

• Hi lovely ladies. Woo hoo Jay, line's getting darker. SD, glad hubby's SA came back all good!

Sorry, next bit is going to be a bit of a moan as I feel totally pants!! Just feel nothing is going right at the mo!! Feel like a bit of a failure, hubby says that I'm not and deep down I know he is right.
    Hubby and I have been going through a job application since April! Long process, had to fill in application form on line - which was a killer, lots of people at our place didn't get though that. Our place is closing down and a new one is opening so if we want to work there we have to apply). Then we had to do an on line test, which was horrible and I nearly threw the computer out the window!! Somehow managed to get through that - yay us!:lol:
    Then we had to go to an assessment/interview. We had to do a couple of scenarios (we'd applied for two jobs). It was really tough, but thought I was in with a small chance. I'd done/said things hubby hadn't and vice versa.
    Well, I had a look this afternoon (for some unexplained reason) on line to see if there was any update. It said both my applications had been rejected. I was gutted. I went straight upstairs to see hubby and he checked his. The one job said offer and the other said completed? Thing is, I expected and email if unsuccessful and a phone call if successful - had neither, and neither has hubby. wtf?! Hubby says not to read too much into it as someone had previously had a rejected status before they'd even gone for their interview and when they contacted the recruitment people, been told it was an admin error! But, I've been so upset since then, I said to hubby I feel like a failure as I can't get a job and I can't seem to get pregnant. :cry:
    If you've got this far then thanks, I know it's really long, but just typing it makes me feel a little bit better and hubby is supportive and as with a bfp it's not over til the witch arrives so I guess it's not over til the email arrives!!!!:lol:
    Will snap out of it, just feeling sorry for myself. Might have one more shot at new place, as I have one more application going through at the moment, so who knows!!!!!
  • omg, just realised how long my post is, so sorry girlies for hogging the page!!!!!!
  • hiya,
    Jay am glad your line is getting darker.Sure youll be seeing those special words on the cbd before long.
    Sd, what great news about the sa, Hope i get the same news in august! So now, its just a matter of time, and you will get there hun! Maybe we will be DIA together.
    Janiejane, dont worry about having a moan. Thats what were all here for! I dont really know what to say except weve all felt a failure at times for not conceiving and i think when one area in your life isnt going well, everything else is a bit hard to deal with too. Maybe you will get the other position or maybe it will be a good op to start something new, take your mind off ttc and then you might just fall when youre least expecting it! Sorry if thats not helpful - trying to see the positives for you, but im sure it is all very stressful for you at the mo and i hope that doesnt come out in the wrong way. Just feel free to let off more steam if you need to!
    xx
  • aww thanks samsa for the reply. Feeling a little bit better and as hubby says, everything happens for a reason and I am a firm believer in that, because before I met hubby everything seemed poo! I had been in a bad relationship and partly because of that left the job that I'd always wanted to do! But, if I hadn't left it, I wouldn't have met hubby, so ... all good!!
  • OMFG girls - i did a cbd this morning and came up with pregnant almost immediately......then.........imagine my surprise when it comes up 2-3 weeks!
    I thought phew at least its come up pregnant and just got to wait for the 1-2 to arrive now. Im in total shock that it came up 2-3!
    I showed hubby and he said " what does the 2-3 mean"? So i said 2-3 weeks pg and he said he thought it meant we were having twins or triplets haha bless him
    So now that ive told the golden girls and the 6+ ttc girls i can now do my official announcement. Which i honestly thought I would never be able to do!

janiejane - sorry to hear about job situation but like you say everything does happen for a reason. You WILL get a much better job and you WILL get your BFP xx

SD - thats great that dh's SA came back ok. So fingers crossed that you join me in due in march babe xx

Samsa - where are you in your cycle chick?

And how are the rest of the 6+ ttcers? xxxx
  • Super duper fantastic news Jay, I've replied on your announcement too! Have an amazing pregnancy, I hope some of us will be joining you in March.

Janie its ok to moan, some days are eefinitely harder than others aren't they. Any more news on the job app? I hope it was an admin error!

SD thats fantastic news about your hubbies SA, you both must be so relieved! How are you feeling this month?

I'm now 7dpo and feeling so up and down. Yesterday I bawled my eyes out convinced we hadn't done it but today I feel a tiny bit more positive. I'm more aware of my boobs which I had with my ds but my 'symptoms' have tricked me before so I'm not getting my hopes up! I'm going to try and wait until Monday to test - AF due by Thursday at the latest as I have a short lp. I've got 8 tests in the house though so need to avoid the temptation of poas.

Going to buy a CBFM for next month if I don't get my BFP but fingers crossed I won't need one!

How is everyone else doing? x
  • OMG am joining Jay78 got my BFP this morning clear as a day no squinting of faint lines its bright pink and on a FRER with FMU.

Now I need to pluck up the courage to do a CBD as have no idea how far gone I am with the confusion of last month??

Will post a pic tonight as am at work at the moment

xx
  • Hey girls!I'm just popping on quickly on my phone.probably won't be on much until Monday as have bro-in-laws wedding tomorrow but just wanted to say a big congrats to Jay & SD on your fantastic news and on the SA results (sorry can't remember whose they were,I can't see anything on my phone!)

Went to the Docs for my CD 21 bloods today & she seemed to think she just missed Ov last time as my cycles average 35 days so she took some today and is getting the Phlebotomist to take more next Thursday whilst she's on annual leave & she'll call me with the results on the 29th with the blood results!Feeling glad that she's takine me
    seriously but disheartened for some reason!I just feel like it's never going to happen for us as still no Ovulation on my OPKs this morning!! image My CBFM arrived yesterday though so looking forward to getting started with that next month-cos I will still be here next month if there's anyone left in here except me!!

Have a good weekend everyone! Xxx
  • wow, SD you got your BFP!!!!! What lovely news esp after the faint lines you were getting last month. really pleased for you but also sad that we are losing you, jay and mrs cake all at once!
    Bubba4us you prob just have late ov. i am really enjoying using my cbfm this month and we are having a very chilled month for once. I am cd 14, still on low and no ewcm yet but i usually ov late. we woke up early and bd'd this am anyway, just cos we felt like it and that was 1st time in ages! i may start my opks tom too just in case i miss on my 1st month of cbfm. xxx
  • Thanks Bubba4us and Samsa

Am in a state of shock just updated with a pic of my CBD it said 1-2 weeks so not sure when am due and really hoping it doesnt turn out to be a chem am CD30 today so have tested a bit early but got to be good news I got a CBD to work right?? as they are not very good when early which makes me think mmm.....could this be from last month.

I have a dr appointment on wed to confirm pregnancy but i guess theres no mistaking the words.

Thanks to you all for your lovely words and am sad we cant take you with us but am sure you will all be in a DI forum before we know it.

Good luck to any others who are still on their 2ww, this certainly has been a lucky thread.

Wait till MrsCake logs back on he he!!

xx
  • Oh my golly gosh!!!! How things are moving on the 6+ month ttcers! Massive congrats SD!!!!

Wow wow wow image

xxx
  • SD its unlikely that you're faint lines last month have anything to do with this because otherwise the CBD would already be reading 3+. If you did ovulate when you first thought almost 2 weeks ago then a reading of 1-2 is spot on! I got my 1-2 on cd27 with my ds. This has been a very very lucky thread so far, I hope it proves as happy for the rest of us!
    Bubba4us don't worry I expect I'll still be here. I'm going to buy a CBFM for next month too so we can be in it together! Hopefully you will get your bfp with it this month Samsa and won't need to join us!! x
  • Congrats SD!!!
  • Hoping I'll soon be lucky! Bought cbfm from Huni last night, so hoping that it will give me a bfp. Af due in 4 days, but not too hopeful this cycle. Might do a sd test in the morning, just coz I want to poas! Lol x
  • Woo hoo thanks everyone

So hope you will all be joining meimage my head is in a whirlwind at the moment!!

Yeah Goonie got 1-2 I had ewcm on CD18 so must have ov around then and am CD30 today not sure how many dpo i am but CBD wouldnt have worked if I wasnt far enough on I guess i.e. 1-2 weeks preg!!

Am 4wks and 1 day EDD 17th March but will get better confirmation off the dr on Wed.

Good luck to you all and I will pop in and keep an eye on you all

PS I have really achy legs like they are going to fall off, did any of you 2nd time mums ever have this, my mam has varicose veins, i have started getting spider veins and have a small varicose on my leg - they just throb all day long!!

xx
  • There seems to be a lot of bfps this month which is excellent - congratulations everyone who has them. Might have a sneaky test tomorrow, will be 9 dpo. Not holding out much hope, just fancy poas:lol: Am also waiting for my cbfm from Huni, hoping it will arrive before af is due in 4 days.

Thanks everyone for their kind words after my mini meltdown yesterday!!! It seems that other people also had looked at their status online and appeared to have been offered a job. They sent an email to the recruitment people and were told it was an error. I then sent them an error and told them that it had really upset me to find out online and wanted to know what was going on? They emailed me back to say that it was a technical error? wtf?!! They apologised and said that I should hear at some point next week via email - great, more waiting around - onto week 3! It's worse than a 2ww!!!!!!:lol:

Anyway, peeps, hope everyone has a great weekend and gl to anyone testing, fingers crossed that those two magic lines appear image x
  • Congrats to all! DIM is gonna be busy by the looks of it :\)

I'm on CD6 and my boobs are killing me already - I couldn't possibly be ov'ing this soon??? I don't have anymore symptoms so if ewcm arrivese then I know i'm in trouble... This month is really messing me up - I used to be so regular but now AF was 3 days late and I'm ov'ing early... image At this rate I'm never gonna get out of TTC with DH being gone all the time - I thought we were on track for next month but I've gotta feeling it's out the window now... Sorry for the moan, just feeling frustrated with life today...

What are everyone's weekend plans?
  • Good morning girls, hope everyone is ok?
    Well, I tested this morning and as expected, got a bfn! Not surprised and not upset either, tiny bit disappointed, but going to a wedding today, so at least I can have some drinks - which after the last couple of days, I really need!!!image
    On a positive note, my cbfm arrived this morning - yay!! God knows what the poor postman thought as he was banging on the door at 7:50. Hubby and I were in bed asleep and I kinda woke up to hear a banging noise. I sleep with ear plugs in, so it didn't register at first. It suddenly dawned on me, so I pulled the ear plugs out, threw my dressing gown on and rushed to the door! :lol::lol: Knew it was going to be my cbfm and had to sign for it. I looked a right state!!!!
    Anyway, hope everyone has a nice weekend, weather's not too bad where we are at the moment, fingers crossed it stays nice for the wedding. The reception is being held at the place we had ours last year so it will be nice to go back as a guest and see it from a different point of view!!
  • hi everyone, its been a bit quiet on our little thread this weekend. There are not too many of us left now. We will just have to go and get our bfps too and join them!
    I am cd16 but still low on my cbfm. I ov late anyway so not surprised and i know it may go straight to peak on 1st month. im using my opks too just to confirm, the poas a holic that i am. It has been a great cycle so far though as the cbfm has just make me take a step back and relax. We have hardly bd'd but just have been doing it when we fancy and when i get my smiley/peak we'll go for it. Its been nice not feeling forced into every other day.
    Janie jane sounds like you are feeling a bit happier and positive - im glad. And i saw you have your cbfm too.
    Im off to bbq now - what a hot weekend! anyone find it hard to bd when its this hot. me and hubbie cant even cuddle up on sofa when its like this! xx
  • Hey everyone!

Samsa I agree our numbers are dwindling!!I think I got my + OPK yesterday but we were at a wedding so I had to sneak hubby away at night for a quicky as I didn't wanna miss the window,lol!!We also BDd today so will have a break tomorrow and then go again on Tue and I guess Im on the dreaded 2WW once more!! :O

Glad to hear everyone's good news this month,between the several BFPs,some of us receiving good test news & some getting CBFMs I feel it's been a good month so for now Im feeling full of PMA...well for today at least!! image

Unfortunately the weather up here's rotten today so no BBQs or being put off BDing for us,lol!Will pop back on again tomorrow night.Hope
    everyone's had a good weekend!! Xxx

P.S.Sorry Janie I forgot I'd just read you got a BFN...not to worry,it could still happen for you this month and if not,there's always next month!! Xxx