Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Jacuzzi after OV?

Just a quick question...wondered what your opinions are on having jacuzzis when you're between OV and AF? There's a possibility I OV'd yesterday but also could be anytime up to next Thurs. What do you reckon? Can I have a jacuzzi today or is it best to avoid??

xx

Replies

• I'm not sure of that huni although i do know it's not advised in the first trimester but i dont think the day after you ov is going to make much difference. I know this ttc stuff drives us up the wall but you cant stop living! xxxxxxx
  • heat can cause damage to the developing fetus.....i guess that means it can also affect implantation then?? i suppose if it was not too hot it would be ok???
  • is there not something to do with the body heat killing sperm as well,so any that possibly are on their way you die due to over heating,thats why so many are killed as soon as they enter our bodies because our termp is too high for them

i would maybe hold bake of you could or want
  • what's a safe temperature? i'm a sucker for a nice bath!
  • body temp i suppose,i love a hot bath as well (which my hubby for the life of him cannot understand how i survive in it lol)but would just stick to them before ov i suppose chick
  • safe temp is probs about 37.5 - 39 degrees at the most really. you will find that 39 will feel quite warm, but it only raises ur body temp to if u went for a jog or somnething! x