Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

coming off the pill *symptoms*

2»

Replies

• I have heard similar stories about people who decided to stop trying and then fell pregnant. a friend of my mums had even given up all hope of ever getting pregnant so adopted a 9 year old, then found out she was PG! X
  • Hi,
    I cam off Yasmin after 8 years and had normal WDB that ended on 3rd January and have been waiting ever since for my af, which it would come it's so fustrating that we cant start working out ovulation yet.
    Don't know when I should go to Drs probably after 6 months when I've pulled all of my hair out!!
    Good luck everyone
  • Yeah unfortunately they seem to say to leave it about 6 months before you go to docs after being on the pill. Makes me realise how lucky I was as my cycles went straight back to normal after I stopped my pill.

Just BD lots and it might happen anyway!! :lol:
  • I'm so envious of you people who came off microgynon and got bigger boobs! Mine got smaller I think. Besides that oilyhair and skin, all sorts of funny feelings and pretty emotional. Oh so attractive!! I don't think I'll go back on it. Lucky hubby wasn't put off BDing!!
  • Hahaha, it would take a lot to put a man off BDing!! :lol:
  • I wish i could come off it and get bigger boobs, i havent heard of that one, although i have heard of lots of women who loose weight and get their mojo back! my skin is vile thou, hair not much better! x
  • When i came off microgynon, I had migraines and headaches every single day for about 3 weeks, I actually thought i had something wrong with my brain lol, maybe a tumour or something but comparing it to how i feel now, its definately the pill that did it, I lost weight too, I was always about 8 and a half stone and it stayed pretty level, Now i swing between 7 and half and 8 stone. I got really spotty too, which i still have problems with, had to get prescribed cream from the drs just recently as it started to get to me, I gave it a few months as i knew it was the pill but they never stopped. Skin got oilier and i can see my pores now, they are huge.

MPP
    xxx
  • i really want my AF nw so i can start tryign properly! seriously my (.)(.) are sooo much bigger its mad! they look like balloons!!!!! lol, h2bs happy tho image *giggles*
  • I also never realised how complicated it will be coming off the pill. I had WB which came later then norml after stopping pill, then boobs doubled in size, bloating, feeling so sick, was convinced I was pg only for AF to arrive 3 weeks from WB.
    I think I would of come off pill earlier if I knew it is not as straightforward.

I had a friend who got PG straight away after the pill, and one who missed few pills and also got lucky lol
    So I did assume it is easy.
    I am on a second month since coming off the pill, and think AF its on its way, so think this might be normal cycle, hope, though it would of been much better if it did not show at all and I was pg.