Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

CBFM

Replies

• Tilly sorry I don't know but i'd guess full flow, hopefully one of the other ladies may know more definite answer for you! Welcome to the CBFM mad club and good luck!
  • Hi there. Tilly i would use full flow x
  • I would say the same hun x
  • Hi girls, new to the forum here!

I've been using the cbfm, this is my 2nd month with it. Last month I got highs from CD6 all the way through to a bfp at CD 24 (24 day cycle). Unfortunately I began bleeding 2 days later so we're starting again this month. I'm currently CD11 and have had highs since CD6!! Last month I ov'd CD9/10 looking at the sticks and reading my body signs, and this month I've ov'd CD8/9 (again stick reading and body signs) I'm clearly not going to get a peak again this month as I've already ov'd!!

Has anyone else encountered this? I know I shouldn't stick read but it's the only thing that I can do to confirm when I'm ov-ing! Shall I call the helpline or ride it out this month?

Baby dust to all! xx
  • Welcome Princessmimi

Can I just confirm that you have had highs but no peak?

V xx
  • Hi all TTC ladies

I saw this post and thought i could give you all my experience of the CBFM. i am now 17 weeks preg.

feel preg on 3rd month of using the CBFM, before that we were trying for 4 months but i can see now at totally the wrong time! as my cycles can very from 28-38 days the CBFM was great!!

first month i didnt get any peaks, just few days of highs, then the machine must have got to know me and the next cycle i got 2 peak days with 5 days of highs.

same happened the 3rd month and we caught that time.

not sure if any of you do this but i always kept the sticks after taking them out the machine and wrote the cycle day on them and i could then compare the lines as to when it was getting to peak time just to reassure myself something was happening!

always make sure you use FMU and try not to drink water during the night as you want the FMU to be the most concentrated.

if any of you have questions let me know! image

• Ah thank you K27fudge

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Thats fab.

Its my first month and I got highs and 2 peaks then it stopped testing me. I used FMU every time. I so hope that I've been lucky this month. This is our 6th month and I just want it done now - lol.

What do I do next month? Do I just keep switching it on until it asks me to test again? or do I have to press the button like when I first used it?

If you don't mind me asking could you tell me how often you bd? we did every other from 6 til 11 then every day for three days then unfortunately didn't get to do anymore as we are decorating?

You're going to regret saying we can ask questions - lol.

Thank you

V xx
  • Ahh! BE ate my long reply! Try again..

Yep that's what happens, once you have had your peaks the machine automatically gives you 2 high days as the egg might still be around.

I really did like having the machine, it took the stress away from me counting and guessing and gave me the confidence it would happen.

Yep once you have you peak, 2 auto high days, still keep turning the machine on as it will then start flashing an M up to warn you AF might be on her way, so keep turning it on everyday, then whn you get AF press the M button and it will go to cycle day once again. Also on the next month it will prob starts asking you to test few days later to save sticks as it gets to know you better. First month I started testing on day 6 then next cycle it was day 10. I used to peak on about day 14 but on my longer cycle month it was day 18.

We bd on all the high and peak days, I think this was 6 days in total. Most important are the peak days. I would then lay in bed with legs against the wall for 20mins then go to sleep.

I also had no symptoms on month we fell, I just felt like AF was coming, and when it was due I just done a test to see and I was preg!!

Good luck! Hope this is the month for you x
  • Hey, thanks for the advice girls. Just waiting for my af to arrive to get started,would be great if it didn't but i've definitely got pmt at the moment, my hubby can confirm that.

Good luck everyone x
  • Hi I am on month 3 of using cbfm and on CD4. I hate the waiting around for ov. I am such a control freak in other areas of my life and it drives me insane that this is the one thing I have no control over at all - no matter what I do.
  • Welcome Princessmimi

Can I just confirm that you have had highs but no peak?

V xx

Hi Vicsy, that's right, highs all the way through last cycle (CD6 to CD24) no lows, and this month I'm on CD12 and have had highs since CD6!

Any ideas? xx
  • Hi Princessmimi,

I'm exactly the same, but have only been using it for one month. I'm now on CD21 and have been getting highs since CD6. I have quite a long cycle, but was expecting to OV today, but still no peak.

I do have other symptoms of OV - sore boobs, cramping type pains - but no EWCM yet so I suppose I may OV tomorrow.

I'm hoping that it will settle down by next month and I won't get so many highs. Both me and OH are worn out by all the 'just in case' BD'ing!!

I don't know what to suggest Princessmimi, maybe it's just taking it a little while to get used to your cycle?

How is everyone else getting on?

Sending lots of babydust our way.

Ex
  • morning all, im on cd18, i had lows until my peak on cd14 & 15 and a high on cd16. its my first month so hopefully if im not lucky enough to get a bfp this time it will detect more highs next time. Everyones experiences sound so positive, hope we're part of the lucky ones too x
  • Hi MsImpatient,

I thought that it was just because it was my first month, I know I ov'd as I had a chem preg and I know when I ov'd because I get other ov symptoms, same as this month! And it's still showing high! *sighs* hopefully next month I'll get a peak if we're not lucky this month.

How long are your cycles? Mine are short, 23/24 days. Have you looked at the lines on the sticks at all?

Baby dust to all! xx
  • Hi Princessmimi,

My cycles are 32-34 days. AF is due 12th June, or thereabouts, so that's why I thought I'd ov today. But I guess I could be ov'ing late, which might be why I've not had any luck falling pregnant! I do kinda look at the lines on the sticks, but I'm not really sure what I should be looking for! There have been 2 lines for a while, one much lighter than the other. The second line disappears though. I'm not sure if there was another line today or not, coz I put it in the monitor then went back to bed. It didnt look like there was one, but it could just have disappeared before I went to look at it. Have you been looking at the lines? What is supposed to be there??

If I don't get a peak this month, I'll just put it down to it being the first month using it - better to have all highs than all lows I suppose!

How long have you been TTC? We've been trying around a year, but OH works shifts so that's why I got the CBFM. Looks like it'll be a good investment if I ov later than I thought.

Sorry to hear about your chem preg, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it happens for you this month.

Ex
  • Hey ladies, just to say my test date or AF due date is drawing near and well i'm itching to test and I blame whoever the ladie was that advertised that Superdrug had bogof on early testing kit! I wouldn't usually be tempted as would normally buy Tesco Cheapies so no point eariler than AF due date, but now I have these early ones i'm soooo tempted!

My CBFM has been flashing M since CD 24 too, which is way earlier than i'd be expecting AF so that's making me more anxious too i'm sure!
  • Hi flirtfilly
    What date is af due? It's so hard not to give in and test, i had 4 of them free tests from a previous thread and have now used all 4, not even with fmu though so probably waste of time. I am not going buy a test unless i am late, currently on day 34 and cycles usually 29 to 35.

Good luck when you decide to test x
  • i had 2 peak days this month so do i count the first one as when i ov'd or the day after? just trying to figure out what dpo i am x
  • Well my cycle varies between 28 and 32, CD 28 is tomorrow (bank holiday monday) and by the CBFM saying I ovulated early this month i'd hope it was a 28 day month, so don't know whether to test tomorrow or wait a few more days?! decisions, decisions/?!
  • MsImpatient, the first month it's quite common I think to not get any peaks! The 2 lines are oeastrogen and LH, the one closest to the pee end is LH so thats the one that shows when you peak and then goes faint again, I've read this from the internet so don't take it as gospel but it does match up with when I ov. I'll look for the link for you just in case you don't peak this month and want to check it out, otherwise you may miss OV this month!

We've been trying unofficially for 18 months, really started charting OV's etc about 8 months ago. I have a short luteal phase and have to take progesterone to lengthen it but I only found this out 3 months ago after repeated trips to the gynae! So we've wasted so much time! Any news on the cbfm front?

filly fingers crossed for you when will you test do you think?

xx

[Modified by: Princessmimi on May 30, 2010 08:50 PM]