Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Good Luck all ttc!!!

Thanks Claire good luck with your scanxxx

good luck to everyone else ttc this month its my wedding anniversary at the weekend so guess what ill be getting lol

love leighxxx

Replies

• Hi Ladies,
    I just wanted to wish you all luck for this month. I have noticed the last few days there hasn't been that much action on here, and I'm hoping it's all down to you getting lots of bedroom action.
    Wishing so hard for you all this month that you get a positive result.
    Lots of love
    Claire xxxxxx
  • hi claire21 i have been busy trying to work out what o/v sticks actually do i understand they tell you when you are ovulating but does this actually mean you release an egg cos so many people on here seem to have used them and are still not pregnant if you or anyone else could give me a clue cos i should be ovulating around the weekend i think thanks anita x x x
  • Thanks for that Claire21
    I am due my a/f on the 26th so keep your fingers crossed.
    Anna
  • Hi anita,
    I used ovulation sticks and they worked for me. but you have to sort of know around what time of the month you ovulate. without being really graphic, i actually found it easy to look for my mucus plug because you can ovulate early or late depending on how long your cycle is.
    whe you ovulate you can sometimes get a sort of period pain and for me it was normally 12 days after the first day of my last period. And the doctor said to me that when trying it is important to have lots of sex before you ovulate as sperm lives longer than an egg.
    Sorry didn't want to bore you with a biology lesson!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • thanks claire have already told my fella i want lots of sex at weekend so hopefully will be the right time love anita x x x
  • well good luck, my husband used to look like he'd want to cry when I said that to him - after two years of having sex "to order" it sort of took the fun out of it. They say to lay there afterwards for 20 minutes and don't move. My doctor said that was rubbish - but i never told my husband that, and if I was really crafty I would get him to bring me a sandwhich up afterwards too!!!!!
  • Hi Claire, Thanks for the good wishes!! A/F is due april 2 so keep your fingers crossed that she stays away. xxxxxx PS. Good luck Anita!! xxxxx
  • Hi Claire, what a good idea about the sandwich afterwards, I'll have to try that one!! I am trying the every other day method, it kind of takes the fun out of it a bit but after 15 months with nothing, I have to "keep it up" as they say. Have fun ttc xx
  • Hi all- had to laugh at the hubby/sandwich bit! Unfortunately for me, my DH heard me laugh and I had to tell him- so no sandwich for me!
    Marie1 am trying the every other day method this month- began with the same idea last month, but as it was a 40 day cycle, we ran out of steam! Hopefully, this month- 30+ days we'll have more luck! Good luck all- keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Hi Claire21, thanks for the post. I was also thinking it'd got a bit quiet on the ttc news. I'm due a/f on 29th so i'm on count down now, less than a week to wait. This waiting game is a nightmare and i'm only on my 3rd month!!! Good luck to all let's hope some baby dust comes our way for the end of the month. xx
  • hey claire,thanks for the good luck wishes.Good luck 2 you for tmrw!!!!!!!!!hope your scan goes really well,and i hope ur little one doesnt hide their girl/boy bits lol!!!!!! let us know how it goes,good luck xxxxxxx
  • Hi all,
    just wanted to let you know that us "already-up-the-duffers" are all rooting for you "wannabe-up-the-duffers"
    I come back on here daily to check/hourly if I'm honest, to check how you are all doing. You don't forgot what your going through even though I'm pregnant now - I certanly haven't forgotten the endless waiting, endless counting, endless sex - actually I try to forget that bit!!!only joking. And I just wish that I had found this site years early because it is so nice to feel that other people are in the same boat as you - as all my bloody friends seem to be super-fertile and if I'm brutally honest - I wanted them dead!!!!!
    So good luck everyone,
    Claire xxxxx
  • had the scan - it was fab although it was a bit dopey - bit like the dad. And it's a BLUE ONE!!! Yippeeeeee - very excited xxx
  • Hi Claire, Congrats!!! Thanks for keeping us lot ttc company!! Be sure to throw lots a baby dust to us all. It's been so quiet lately we're sure to get a bumper crop next month!!! xxxxx
  • hi everyone!
    i also want to wish us all the best this month, i????m also trying for our 2nd baby!! hope some of you (if not all) get really good news soon! anyone trying for a second baby??
    luv,
    amanda xxx:lol:
  • hi again claire, long time no speak! thanks for the good wishes. have been using ov sticks last two months since the afs returned following the mc and have all been negative. However, last night, clearblue digital gave me a smiiley face!!!!!! cant believe it! So excited although trying not to be coz i know it doesnt necessarily mean i'll get pg but its a good start!!!!! Unfortunately oh went out on a lads curry night out last night and had too much to drink to start straight away, still, i got him this morning!!! lol. He isnt going to know what's hit him poor love. Congrats on your scan, a little boy! how lovely. Hi amanada, i'm trying for my second but my first isnt a baby anymore, he's 10 and a half! lol. Good luck to everyone ttc, lets hope for some good news and baby dust for us all very soon image love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Hi Bluebird -

Well keep at him, thats all I can say!! And I wanted to say to you before I think a big gap is nice. There is 7 years between me and my brother and 9 years between me and my sister. and I am so close to my little sister - i have always been a mini mum to her and been able to talk about the things that she wouldn't of wanted to talk to our parents about. I never felt jealous of her cos I was old enough to understand - and because we were such different ages, it meant that we spent times with our parents on our own which was really nice.
    i am very excited we are having a boy - I seceretly wanted a blue one. We are going to call him Edward - well eddie.
    I'll be thinking of you and keeping everything firmly crossed - just out of interested - did you have that reflexology?
    Claire xxx
  • Congrats to you claire!!! I am so jealous. but then why else would I be here if i was not!! Should be OV this week so at it every day to try and hit right day. We have a ??20 bet on who will get tired out first. Either of us want to lose so that should help motivate us!!!! Never thought it would become a chore!! hee hee can think of worse jobs!!!

fingers crossed. I cant never tell when i am OV and irregular since came off pill so who knows!!!!

Best wishes all ladies!!! Hope to hear some more positives soon xxxx
  • Fingers crossed for you. I know what you mean about a chore, in the end you just don't care - YOU JUST WANT TO GET PREGNANT!!! And anyway if it does get boring and a bit run of the mill, just think - you could always be hoovering the stairs, you see, it's not that bad afterall.
    Keep us updated xxxxxx
  • Hi claire. Really pleased for you with a boy, Eddie is a great name. My son has a friend called Eddie in his class at school and he is one of the most popular boys in the class! Now dont laugh, i have actually got a reflexology session booked for a few weeks time but i am really hoping that i can cancel it!!!! Sadly my partner lost his uncle who he was very close to on Friday so yesterday evening wasnt a good time to attack him if you know what i mean. Still, he seems better today so he is going to be tied down if necessary!!! lol. Hi jellybaby, best of luck to you too hun, lets hope we both get some good news soon image love to all ttc, bluebird xxxx