Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

I Cannot Believe it Im soo excited.....

Gues what - I am absolutley jumping around the room - Im that massively excited whhohooooo. image

I have got a BFP of the Ovulation predictor kit kind!! I know its not the BFP most of you are hoping for - but to me it means a LOT because we really really stand a chance this month!! This must be the first time Ive ovulated since I came off the pill March 2007!!

Im a bit confused though - my prolactin levels are still high and I still have to go for the MRI scan. And I guess that when they pick it up on the cyc day 21 bloods, they might not give me clomid.

But then again - it doesnt actually mean that i HAVE ov tho does it - it just means that I have a surge of hormone BEFORE ov. The high levels of Prolactin inhibits the FSH, which is needed for the egg to develop before its release, so I wonder if LH would be released of I dont have FSH. If it can then it might mean I wont ovulate hmmmm *she ponders*

Im now not so excited in the space of 5 minutes as my brain mulls this over....

Sorry Im writing as Im thinking.

I just wish I knew........I might get some old textbooks out to find out - I NEED to know now lol!!! Screw waiting for my 21 day bloods lol Oh what a pickle I always complicate things - I am still hoping the BFP OPK means I will ovulate!! lol:\?

Replies

• Aaah popsicle i'm made up for you. I know how much this means to you....now get off your computer and get BDing xx ;\)
  • My last blood test showed high prolactin. My level was 698 but I still ov'd (although I seem to have v long cycles) How high is yours?

I had another blood test on tues to see if it is still too high and if it is I am going to be refered to an endocrinologist.

Desperately hoping for bfp before that though!

xxx
  • just replied to your post on my post (lol!)

so exciting!! i love it when i finally get a +!!!!!

babydust to you!! here's to BFPs in 14 days or so!!!
    xxxx
  • My last one was 1200 taken on cyc day 2 - Im now on cyc day 16. My last cyc day 21 test showed that I didnt ovulate last month.

btw oh is on a mission to get a take out - its pay day so we're treating ourselves - I wont be on here for long hehe

;\)
  • i suggest u skip dinner and jump straight to desert hunimage

hopefully in a few weeks you'll be jumping around the whole street xxx