Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone on cd8 & starting SEP?

Replies

• That sounds like ov pains to me. I can feel mine starting to build up so I reckon I'll probably be ov by the weekend. Just guesing though coz I'm not poas.

Sorry to hear you were up & down all night with your lo. I'm terrible at doing nights, I cant function the next day at all. Thank goodness hubby doesnt mind it so much. The good news for us is Zara has slept through now twice in 3 days so I'm hoping it continues.

Didnt do any bding last night. I think we were on the skipped day so more tonight. I think I'll just continue every other day til I get strong ov pains. I'm not really following the SEP too strictly though either.

Good luck for tonight

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - I'm so tired today, had a busy day!!! What's new eh? DH wants to watch the football tonight, so I may not get chance to do any bding!!! I will do my best though...

I had another 2 x positives today on ov test!!! Thats 3 days in a row, surely it should be negative tomorrow?

Good luck to you for tonights bding and I hope Zara sleeps through, Saul tricked us by sleeping through 2 days in a row, but hasn't done it since!!! Never mind eh?

Sara
  • Hi Hilary - Now i'm getting totally confused, I just did another ov test and it was still positive!!! I thought they may be faulty, so tested one in water and it was negative, so I can assume they work properly!!! 4 days in a row? Surely not? Now I will have to do some more bding tonight!!!

DH is getting suspicious about all this bding!!! I had to tall a porky last night, told him that I wanted him as he had lost lots of weight and was looking particularly sexy!!! (Its not really a lie as he has lost just over 3 stone, but he still has a long way to go)... I'm just so tired and am looking forward to my 2ww!!! Never thought i'd say that....

Hope you had lots of bding last night and I have to ask, how did Zara do? Saul only woke once so thats good...

Take care

Sara x
  • I'm tired today too & I'm only bding everyother day. Zara went through to 7.10am this morning again. Its great though coz she goes back to sleep again for an hour after I feed her. It usually gives me a chance to get up & ready but I was soo tired this morning that I just crawled back into bed til her & Amy wakened.

I cant believe youre still getting +ve on your ov sticks but they must be right. Your hubby will be thinking all his birthdays have came at once if you keep this up. Mark now knows, he can read me like a book & saw straight through the bding every other night. I think hes starting to get used to the idea & looking forward to hopefully having another one

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary, I went outand bought a ClearBlue Ov kit today (??20!!!) and it was negative!!! Got home, did the internet one again and this time it was negative, so I assume the surge has now gone... Does this mean I don't have to do any bding again this month?

I think I will edge on the side of caution and have some bding for one more night!!!

At least I have tons of ov tests for next month!!!

Well done Zara sleeping through, maybe she could have a word with Saul??? I must just have a bad baby!!! image

I have booked a photo session for tomorrow for Saul with his Bounty Voucher - today he head butted my tooth and has a purple bruise on his forehead, then he scratched his nose and made it bleed, so will have a scab on it by tomorrow!!! Just typical eh?

I bet you're relieved that Mark now knows about your sneaky bding? I can't tell Shaun, he would think that thats the only reason that I want to get him into bed!!! Its not untrue though actually!!! image

Take care and keep up the good work...

Sara
  • How did Sauls photo go? I hope his wee head was ok

My wee monkey slept through to 7 last night again. I'm glad coz I dont think I'd have the energy for anymore bding tonight otherwise. I think when you finish ov then you skip a night & then more bding the next night & then wait. If youre like me youre dreading the wait & the wondering am I, arent I but looking forward to the rest!!! According to my cm I think I'm just approaching ov so might try to bd all weekend & keep my fingers crossed.

I'm glad Mark now knows & actually seems alot more keen on the idea than he was before.

Good luck

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary, Photo's were a nightmare - It was so hot in there with all the lights, so Saul was whinging and not at all himself.. The plus side is that I didn't spend all that much!!! He managed about 5 nice ones...

The bruise on his head had disappeared but the scratch on his nose was glowing in all the photo's!!! Never mind...

Good luck with all the bding over the weekend, I may try one last time tonight, then i'm on my 2ww!!!

Also good luck with Zara sleeping through again, Saul woke me up twice again last night!!! BAD BABY!!!!!

Take care...

Sara x
  • At least you managed to get a few nice photos. I took Amy & Zara to the pixifotos that were in the shopping center near us coz I hadnt got a good photo of the 2 of them together. I get them next friday so I cant wait to see how they turned out. It was a nightmare too coz it was in a busy shopping center & I was on my own with the 2 of them.

Its hard to believe youre almost on your 2 ww already. Hopefully it wont drag. I dont really know what way my cycles are after having Zara so maybe next month I might invest in some ov sticks & be a poas addict too!!!

Have you been ttc long?

Hilary x
  • This is my 2nd month... We were trying for 6 months before we fell pregnant with Saul, so i'm hoping it will be a bit quicker this time round... My cycles are also all over the place, I came off the pill in December and had a 28 day cycle, then had a 25 day cycle in January - the ov test was positive on CD11,12,13 and 14, so I can only assume that af will be coming on day 25 again!!! God I hope not!!! I'm going to wait and see if I feel pregnant this month, not going to waste my pg tests...

I don't know if you felt the same, but I knew I was pregnant last time, felt so different... Loved every minute of the pregnancy too... Can't wait to have another baby grow inside me....

Here to our BFP's this month...

Sara x
  • I was really lucky & feel pregnant in our 1st month of ttc with Amy but it took 7 months before I fell pregnant with Zara. With Amy I had no feelingsthat I was pregnant til my af was late & I done a test but then I had no pregnancy symptoms for the whole pregnancy either other than my bump just kept getting bigger. With Zara I felf sick fro the week before my af was due but with her my cycles had been all over the place so if I hadnt felt sick I probably wouldnt even have tested for a week or so to see if anything showed up.

Dont know how long it'll take this time but hoping I will get a BFP within 6 months. I def think I'll invest in some ov sticks next month, to be honest I dont reaqlly expect anything this month, & it will be easier to follow the SEP. I think I'm coming up to ov but havent ov yet but its hard to tell coz I do feel like I'm guessing a bit. Going to bd all weekend though just incase & then maybe carry on everyother night next week.

I'm not going to test early either. I think I'll just wait & see for a while incase af is just late

Hilary x

• What is SEP, sorry I'm nw and getting used to th lingo.xx
  • Its the sperm & egg plan. There was a link for it somewhere on the site but if you google sperm & egg plan I think its the 1st one that comes up. It sounds good in theory. You bd everyother day from cd8 & then when you get a +ve on your ov stick you bd for 3 days in a row then skip a day & then bd the next day then wait. Thats the general jist of it I'm only going by it roughly this month as I didnt bother buying any ov sticks but I think I invest in some next month so I can follow it more closely

Good luck
    Hilary x

• I don't think we did it this month - just have a feeling!!! This waiting game isn't fun!!! I should know by the 22nd (25 day cycle), but won't test until the 25th Feb... The wait is painful!!!

Sara
  • Poor you. I dont expect much either this month so youre not on your own. I'm kindof looking forward to the 2 ww but know when I get there I'll not enjoy it either. Its the not knowing that really gets to me. I suppose we shouldnt give up coz it aint over til the fat lady sings or the af arrives. I know one thing for sure though I'm def going to use ov sticks next month coz I'm not enjoying this guessing when I'm ov & then I'm afraid to stop just incase I havent ov. Aaaarrrgggghhhh, it would drive you mad it you dwelled on it for too long!!!!!

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - What a weekend!!! Didn't get 2 minutes to myself, Saul has been up so many times during the night, i'm wondering if he's teething again!!!

I'm trying not to think about the 2ww, but its difficult everytime I get a twinge... I wish I hadn't told my friends about ttc again as every day someone asks if i'm pregnant yet!!! Thank god I haven't told my family (they don't think I should have another one!!!)

Not looking forward to today as I am looking after my nephew all day as my sister is working - he's 9, so instant babysitter, however, he always wants to cuddle Saul, but Saul doesn't like cuddles (even from me!!!) He also hates having his hands or arms held and doesn't like his head being stroked!!! Strange baby!!!

How did you get on with the bding over the weekend?

Wish me luck for today - i'll be absolutely shattered by tonight... Flipping half term - I never remember having so much time off school...

Sara x
  • Hope you managed to survive today. Kids def seem to have more time off now than what I had when I was at school!!! At least you'll be good & busy today & you'll not have time to think about your 2ww. I shouldnt remind you of it really.

I seem to have lots of ewcm today so might have to have a word to hubby tonight. He thinks that bding everyother night should be plenty & we bd last night so he might not be too keen tonight again but we'll see, I can be very convincing when I have to be. I know what he'll say though coz when we were trying for Zara the Dr recommended every 3 rd night & that worked then so in theory everyother night should be ok too but the SEP just sounds soo convincing. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

Just wish I could go to sleep & wake up pg, about 5 months gone would be nice!!!! Theres no harm in dreaming.

Have you decided when youre going to poas? Are you going to wait til af is late or will you do an early test?

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary, What a day!!! I can't even bear to relive it!!! Nightmare!!! Can I ask you a question? How do you cope with two children????? Its easy with just Saul and me, but with an extra child, life became very complicated!!!

I too would love to wake up at least 5 months pregnant (as long as the first scary 3 months were gone, i'd be ok)...

I am planning not to test until af is late (or the day i'm due) if I can hold out that long... I'm not one for testing early, its just a waste of time and money...

Good luck for the bding tonight - I am spending the evening on my own as DH is out playing cricket... Fabulous, lay on the settee, chocolate by my side, watching America's Next Top Model... I know its sad, but I love it....

When is your af due? What date will you be testing? We are on CD17 today aren't we? As I had my last af on CD25, I suppose I can test in 8 days!!! But I will try and hold out until CD28...

Speak soon...

Sara x
  • Hi Sara,

Glad you survived. Its not easy sometimes with the 2 of them but its great fun. I have found I've just had to be quite strict about routine for Zara from day 1 & it seems to have paid off so far coz you could almost set your clock by her feeding times.

You havent got long to go til you know one way or the other. I always find its the not knowing thats worse. I've been keeping an eye on my cm & I had loads last night so I think I still might have a few weeks to wait. I said that if af hasnt arrived by 1st March I'll do a test. I have a horrible feeling that my cycles will be all over the place for a while.

We have hit another problem too. With all this ttc my sciatica has flared up & I'm in agony. I'm saying sciatica but its def alot sorer than anytime I've had it before. Still managed to bd last night though I had to talk Mark into it coz he wasnt keen when I was soo sore. I've kept going this long so I'm not going to give up now

Hilary x
  • Oh god, that brought back horrid memories - Saul was laying on my sciatic nerve throughout my pregnancy and I can wholeheartidly sympathise with you... How did you manage to do any bding????

I've still been having cm this week, so think that maybe my cheap ov tests were broken and i'm ov'ing now!!! Nightmare... I've also been having pains (down there)... Stabbing pains!!! I'm hoping its implantation but its probably just my mind playing tricks... Still not feeling pregnant, no usual symptoms for me...

Each time i've been pregnant, i've been starving hungry from about 3 weeks!!! (I've had 2 mc)... So each time I get hungry, I get excited, but then realise its because its lunch/dinner time!!!!

I hope your sciatica eases soon, you are a star really aren't you? How do you look after 2 children, try for another one and be in pain all day??? You should be given a medal...

*Sara gives Hilary a cyber medal*

Take care...

Sara
  • Thank you, the medal is very gratefully received. Funny enough the bding wasnt too bad though I think it was all the bding that triggered it off in the 1st place!!!!! I have an appointment with a chirpractor tonight so fingers crossed he can help

This whole cm thing is really confusing!!!! I had lots of cm yesterday hence the reason I thought I must have been ov but then I went to the toilet this afternoon & I had buckets of the stuff!!! (sorry that way tmi!!) I've lost track of what cycle day I'm on too. It must be around cd 19 or 20!!! Soooooo confused!!!

Thankfully Amy & Zara are behaving themselves coz I'm struggling to even lift Zara today. I'm having to aim to take the paracetamol an hour before each of her feeds to give it a chance to work, not that it really does work but it eases it enough for a feed & a nappy change.

How has your day been today?

Hilary x