Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Anyone on cd8 & starting SEP?

Replies

• cd means cycle day & sep means sperm meets egg plan. If you type sperm meets egg plan into google it should be the 1st thing that comes up. It sounds good in theory but I found it hard to stick to (maybe thats why I dont have a BFP)
  • Hilary - You've changed you Avatar... Freaky kickboxing baby!!! ha ha ha...I reckon this is what they do in our bellies, I always felt black and blue!!!

Nice to meet you Ladyinpink and clarebailes...

I am on cd10 and can start testing for ovulation today - very exciting indeed...

Saul bought me a voucher for a health spa for mothers day, bless, just don't know when i'll have time to use it!!! hee hee hee...

Did you get anything nice Hilary?

I'm off out for lunch with MIL today!!! Oh and Shaun is buying me a video camera so I can make lots of films of Saul... How exciting...

Sara x
  • I changed the avatar again coz the baby was just a bit too freaky looking after a while!!!!!!!

I got a willow tree figurine from Amy & Zara. Its called 'child of my heart' & I'd been dropping hints for a while so I guess they worked

It will be lovely having loads of videos of saul growing up.

Hope you had a lovely meal

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - Thats a better picture - At least I know who i'm talking to now!!! The meal was lovely thank you, however, I had to pay for it!!! Not much of a treat eh??? ha ha ha...

I started my ov testing yesterday and got a positive!!! I did 3 in total, both cheap ones from the internet and my expensive clearblue ones... I have done it today too and its negative, so my surge happened yesterday so we did some bding and will do the same for the next 2 days!!! I can't believe i'll be on my 2ww again by the weekend!!! Booooo!!!

We have a viewing on our house at 4pm, so I have been frantically cleaning and tidying today - what fun!!! Now its decided to snow!!! Fabulous!!!

Hope you had a nice day...

Sara x
  • Glad you had a nice meal even if you did end up paying for it!!!!! & good news about the viewing on your house **OMG I just looked out the window & its snowing here*** hopefully something will come of that & you'll get moved!!!

I would love to have shorter cycles. I cant believe thats you on your 2ww again. Fingers crossed for a BFP for both of us this month

Hilary x

Glad the freaky baby is gone too!!!!
  • Hi Hilary, I'm very depressed today - I had my return to work interview and I can't afford to go back!!! After childcare and fuel to get to and from work, I would be paying ??170 to work!!!

I don't know what to do now!! I may have to look for an evening or weekend job!!! I'm confused...

As we are sticking to the SEP this month, we need to do more bding tonight and once again on Thursday but its going to take a lot of convincing now that i'm going to be out of work!!! Shaun will most certainly not agree to continue trying for another baby now!!! Lets all pray that i'm already in the process of becomming pregnant... Oh god, i'll be devastated if he refuses to keep trying...

Any advise?

Sara x
  • Hi Hilary - Well I was right, Shaun was not happy at all and is refusing to do any bding!!! We had a massive row and now i'm not talking to him!!! Its been 2 days now and i'm not budging!!! I'm devastated that we are not trying, but am hoping that one 'got through' and is implanting as we speak!!!

I don't know what to do about work, my friend told me not to resign, let my employer get rid of me, then I can claim income support!!! Problem is I won't be actively seeking work as I can't afford to go back... What a state to get in!!!

I am going to try the citizens advise bureau to see if they can suggest anything, but it seems like i'm not entitled to anything!!!

So... All bad this end, how are you and your girls that end?

Sara x
  • I'm soo sorry to hear what has been happening.Its really unfortunate that its going to cost you money to work & it doesnt make sense does it. We were in a similar position that after Amy was born it wasnt worth my while going back to work. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on what way you look at it, coz I worked freelance & was in effect self employed & doing a job that was too risky to continue with while pregnant I didnt get a penny of maternity pay but that meant we had got used to living on one wage so it wasnt so hard on us.

I dont know what to say to you coz I can see where both you & shaun are coming from. I'm sure hes just worried about how you are going to get by on one wage at the minute before another baby comes along too & from your point of view is there ever a perfect time to have another. We dont have a huge wage coming in but if you are really careful & cut out treats & luxuries it is possible to get by on one wage though sometimes it can be frustrating (especially if you see a nice pair of shoes or something!!) I think the 2 of you will really needto sit down & work through your incomings & your outgoings. Find out what you will be entitled to in tax credits etc.. (I think there is a website called entitiled to.com that will work it out for you) I'm not sure that you would get much in income support though coz that will be based on both your incomes & shauns income will most likely rule out you getting anything so find out about this before you decide whether or not to resign.

What type of work do you do? Is there anything you could maybe do from home, even if its just small it might help.

Hope you & shaun get things sorted & the bding gets back on track.

Take care & try not to worry coz sometimes these things have a habit of working themselves out too

What about your house? Any news on it yet?

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary, Thanks for your kind words, i'm still feeling very depressed about the baby making!!! I went to the dentist today and he wanted to take x-rays, but I said I may be pregnant so obviously he didn't do them...

No news on our house, its not going to sell, I just have a feeling... Nothing ever goes our way!!! Shaun said he will be searching the internet for a new job over the weekend, but to get the money, we will have to move away from the area (in Cornwall the wages are very low and property is stupidly high)... Thats the problem, we can't physically live on just Shaun's wage - He's a call centre manager and if we lived north of Bristol, he would be on fantasic money!!! Problem is I get so homesick and am so close to my mum and dad (who are disabled and who need me)... If anything Shaun may have to work away during the week and come home at weekends... But what about the bding!!!???

I can test in 13 days and i'm hoping that I get some symptoms this month...

Right, its time for Saul's bath... Speak to you soon...

Sara x
  • Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling. Hopefully something will work out for you & it wont come to shaun having to work away though the week & like you say you could already be pregnant. I really hope you are this month as I think it would help lift your spirits a bit.

How are you feeling today?
  • Hi Hilary - I'm feeling slightly better today as Shaun said we can carry on trying!!! I wish he'd said that on Tuesday!!! Oh well...

I've been getting texts from my friend today (she goes in to be induced tomorrow afternoon), as she has gone 12 days over!!! She is obviously getting nervous as she's asking everything under the sun... I can't wait to meet her little boy (Zach)...

Saul was up at 3am this morning so we brought him in with us and he slept until 7.30am... People keep telling me to not get into that routine, but if it works, why not eh??? As long as he's not with us when we are 'trying' for his brother or sister!!! ha ha ha...

Saul started to stand up today!!! He obviously needs supporting but at least he's keeping his legs straight... He look so pleased with himself when he's doing it too...

How are you today? How's Amy and Zara?

Sara x
  • Thats brilliant news that you are going to carry on trying!! I'm soo glad to hear things worked out. & great news about Saul standing up to. You'll be needing eyes on the back of your head soon!!!

Hope everythings going ok for your friend & she meets little Zach soon.

My 2 are fine, they both have a bit of a cold but its only a mild one so hopefully it wont get any worse!!

Just getting ready to start bding again this month (fingers crossed we have a BFP at the end of it!!)

Was just wondering if you are on facebook? I joined a few days ago & its great. Has a babyexpert group & everything

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - No i'm not on facebook, I was but removed myself as someone that I didn't want to remember (a violent ex) contacted me... I didn't want him to find out anything about me... Too late probably!!!

Good news about you getting ready to start bding... I really hope that you get your BFP this month....

I thought that I was having some symptoms yesterday (I don't ever symptom spot) but was feeling stupidly tired, sick and had a headache... Not got any of those feelings today, apart from feeling tired, but that has got something to do with Saul getting up at 3am!!!

Its Shaun's birthday tomorrow, he has the day off!!! Great!!! ha ha ha... I haven't bought him anything as I don't think he deserves anything... I know it sounds nasty but its true... I have got him a card, but thats it...

I can test in 8 days (3 days early) but I don't think i'll test early this time... I'm sure I can hold out to the day af's due...

I see that more people have got their BFP's this weekend... Great news eh???

Take care...

Sara x
  • Oh poor shaun!!!! Tell him hes getting a baby for his birthday but the best gifts are worth waiting for!!!!

There have been loads of BFPs over the weekend. Hopefully everyones good luck will rub off!!

You havent long to go til you can test (oh how I would love to have a short cycle!!) I have my fingers crossed for you anyway!!

Thats a pity youre not on facebook coz I've just uploaded a load of photos of my wee monkies!!

Hope you are all ok after the storms last night

Have a nice day with Shaun

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - The storms didn't affect us at all, in fact, I think the noise of the wind outside helped Saul sleep as went from 7pm - 6.20am!!! Well done Saul...

I'm feeling excessively tired today, fell asleep in the car earlier (luckily I wasn't driving)!!! I was also ready for my lunch at 9.30am!!! Starving hungry... Like I said before, I never symptom spot, but these are good signs...

Shaun was really upset that I didn't get him anything for his birthday, keeps going on about it... I told him that next time he sees a dvd that he likes, he can buy it on me!!! He is a film fanatic and collects them...

I haven't heard a peep from my friend, I hope she's had her baby and she isn't in labour still... I've been checking my phone all day!!!

I'm off to make my dinner now - Monday night, so Top Model with chocolate munchies... How I love my Monday nights...

Take care...

Sara x
  • Glad to hear the storms didnt affect you & well done to saul. Men can be real babies when it comes top not getting them anything for their birthdays cant they!!!

Its all sounding really promising for you this month. Werent they the same symptoms you had before you found out you were pg with Saul!!!

We havent even started trying this month yet though we'll have to start soon...

Hope you hear news from your friend soon

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - Yes the signs were the same with Saul, but they were much worse last time!!!

I heard from my friend, she had to have a c-section at 2.10am this morning!!! Shame... He weighed 8lm 13oz but they haven't decided on a name, though she has been calling him Zach throughout the pregnancy!!! They better not steal my name!!! I will never speak to them again if they do!!!

Saul did well again last night, waking just the once at 1.30am... He went straight back to sleep after some water though which wasn't too bad...

Hope you've had a nice day... I have been in town with my sister... I've decided that i'm going to have all my hair cut off on Thursday (my sister is a hairdresser), big change!!!

I am hoping i'll get my BFP this month, but as we didn't complete the SEP, I don't think we did it on the correct day... So won't be too surprised if af arrives...

Make sure you do all your bding on the right days, one of us has to get their BFP soon...

Sara x
  • I'm soo confused!!! I'm on cd11 & when I wiped after going to the toilet there was pinky blood (as if af was on its way!!) I know I said I would love shorter cycles but not this short!!!

Thats great news about your friend. I love the name Zach too but a friend of my mums just had twins & she called them Zara & Zach so Zachs out for us too!!!!

What way did you get your hair cut? I'm limited with mine coz its soo curly!!!
  • Oh - I don't know why there was blood!!! When your af arrived last time, was she normal??? A friend of mine said she bled all the way through her pregnancy... It wouldn't hurt to do a test??? You haven't done any bding this month so it can't be implantation bleeding... Oh I don't know... Have you googled it?

I'm having my hair cut on Thursday, not sure yet what to have done... At the moment its quite long but doesn't do anything, its got a natural wave which always goes in the opposite direction than I want it too!!!

Saul didn't sleep this afternoon at all and has just given in and is zonked!!! Early night for him then...

Take care...

Sara x
  • Apparently there is such a thing as ov bleeding & its something to do with the change in hormones before you ov. Feel crampy today & thats usually how i feel coming up to ov so maybe its a good sign. There was no bleeding today but a bit of clear cm with a small streak of blood on it. We are going to star bding tonight. I didnt want to start to early this month if my cycles are going to be longer coz you do get fed up after a while.

I know what you mean about the waves never going where you want them coz mines the same though its alot easier to manage now its shorter

Is saul being good for mummy & daddy?